The Student Room Group

Help, opinions needed! To die my hair red or not...

Hey everyone, just wondering if I could get some opinions on whether I should die my hair like a dark cherry red colour (LIVE XXL RED PASSION 43) ?
And if it would suit me? Btw my hair isn't the colour in the pic now it's much darker after going from blonde to dark brown...
Sorry for the posey pic aswell, not really got many face on ones where you can see my hair clearly without it being a posey one :tongue:
EDIT: Why did someone neg rep me? Seriously some people are sad.
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
*Dye*

Typical female.
Reply 2
Original post by ilyking
*Dye*

Typical female.

Any opinion though?
Reply 3
I think it would suit you, but just bear in mind the upkeep is quite high with red :smile:
Reply 4
Bump
i personally went for ths colour:
http://www.loreal-paris.co.uk/hair-colour/all-over-color/casting-creme-gloss/360-black-cherry.aspx
very nice, i am dye-ing it every 5 weeks or so. i think the dark red would look nice on you :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by inksplodge
i personally went for ths colour:
http://www.loreal-paris.co.uk/hair-colour/all-over-color/casting-creme-gloss/360-black-cherry.aspx
very nice, i am dye-ing it every 5 weeks or so. i think the dark red would look nice on you :smile:

I did mine that colour but it faded really quick and didnt have a very dramatic change on my hair colour! Thank you :smile:
Original post by natashapt
I did mine that colour but it faded really quick and didnt have a very dramatic change on my hair colour! Thank you :smile:

Really? I went from dark chocolate to the colour and it came out pretty well! if it's not coming out the way you want i'd recommend getting it done at the hairdressers so that you know it won't go differently :smile:
Reply 8
Hey everyone, just wondering if I could get some opinions on whether I should die my hair like a dark cherry red colour (LIVE XXL RED PASSION 43) ?
And if it would suit me? Btw my hair isn't the colour in the pic now it's much darker after going from blonde to dark brown...
Sorry for the posey pic aswell, not really got many face on ones where you can see my hair clearly without it being a posey one :tongue:

Don't I think you look nice at the moment. :smile:
Reply 9
I went from lightish brown to red (Morello cherry, by Neutrogena) and I love it! Was in dilemma aswell but just decided to go for it. I see no reason why you shouldn't try it :smile:
Yeah, do it! I died my hair the one your planning to and it's actually gorgeouss :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by SAK.A
Don't I think you look nice at the moment. :smile:

Thankyou but sadly my hairs darker than that now so trying to go from darker to lighter but sort of rerouting to cherry red...hmmm thaqnkyou though :smile:
Reply 12
Ducks aren't red. :colonhash:

Do midnight red, it's so much more nicer!
Yeah do it do it :biggrin:
Reply 15
Original post by TwelveO'Clock
Do midnight red, it's so much more nicer!

Why whats the midnight red one like I've never seen it? :smile: Will it still be vibrant?
Reply 16
Original post by Cicerao
Ducks aren't red. :colonhash:

Ducks?!
Reply 17
Do you know anyone who's good with photoshop or similar? Get them to try different colours on a photo of you.

Stay the way you are. You look good enough.

I know someone that's done this. When her roots start showing it looks really weird (they start maybe 2 weeks after she dyes it)

Also the colour constantly fades and changes. Which isn't attractive.

At least you aren't going down the purple route so many girls seem to like these days.
Yes go for it, it will look nice.

Quick Reply

Latest