The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Official Lancaster University Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by affinity89
Oh my! :eek: That is a seriously high number of exams.

Mine today is a lovely three hour one. Hopefully it will fly by like the three hour one I had yesterday. :redface:

There less actual exams than that though as every time I've got 2 modules on a day they are combined into a single 2 hour exam, so at least I'm not having to run back and forth across campus all day, still a pain though!
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 301
Original post by mackemforever
God damn you!

I've got 2 modules on Thursday, 2 on Saturday, 1 next Tuesday, 1 next Wednesday, 2 next Thursday, 2 next Friday and 2 next Saturday.

Each module exam is 1 hour long.

I hate everything right now.

offt. although its a weird structure. having 1 hour exams. ive aleady had 5 hours worth and have another 4 hours to go.
Reply 302
ICE CREAM SHOP DOES IRN BRU ICE CREAM!

WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME THIS :coma:
Reply 303
Original post by jpwhits

Original post by jpwhits
Oh no I've got a room inspection on tuesday.

You get room inspections? Is that in communal areas only?
Reply 304
Original post by LizziePiz

No they can come into your room to check its not damaged and you don't have anything you're not meant to.

They have to give you warning of when theyre going to do it and they're fairly uncommon.
Reply 305

nope its a room inspection. where they inspect your room. they are freely allowed in and out of the kitchen and communal areas. and have to give 48 hours(i think) notice to check your rooms. unless its police related etc. or you've asked for repair, in which case they will nock for 5 minutes to check your not in and then just let themselves in.
Reply 306
Original post by cambo211

Original post by cambo211
No they can come into your room to check its not damaged and you don't have anything you're not meant to.

They have to give you warning of when theyre going to do it and they're fairly uncommon.

That clears that up! Thanks, I see, i thought you meant that they were making sure it was tidy haha! That would be weird.
Reply 307
That clears that up! Thanks, I see, i thought you meant that they were making sure it was tidy haha! That would be weird.

I'm pretty sure i've seen them say that's exactly what they're not doing. Can't remember where i've seen it though.
Reply 308

im sure ive heard somewhere that someone got told to tidy their room. But i think it was extreme, as in like health and safety hazard.
Reply 309
Original post by J1mjam

Original post by J1mjam
im sure ive heard somewhere that someone got told to tidy their room. But i think it was extreme, as in like health and safety hazard.

Haha must have been bad! Maybe a few science experiments in the corner (mouldy mugs :P)
Well i really hope I get the grades for Lancs, its my firm offer, but grades are optimistic. I love the accommodation, even though iv'e applied cheap, hah, the townhouses look great as well.
I read somewhere that it was voted best student accommodation in UK, doesn't sound bad!
Reply 310
Haha must have been bad! Maybe a few science experiments in the corner (mouldy mugs :P)
Well i really hope I get the grades for Lancs, its my firm offer, but grades are optimistic. I love the accommodation, even though iv'e applied cheap, hah, the townhouses look great as well.
I read somewhere that it was voted best student accommodation in UK, doesn't sound bad!

haha your like i was. just so wanted to come to lancaster. and i wasnt wrong, i love it here. its amazing and i wouldnt chose to go anywhere else tbh.
Eeeckk. I'm all done now! It's rather scary.

Had a brilliant night out last night and spent today catching the sun up at Williamson Park. It felt so nice to read a book for leisure! :smile:

These past three years have definitely flown by. And, I'm moving out this weekend, so then that will be it. Just a quick visit for graduation and I'll be gone. It feels so strange...
Eeeckk. I'm all done now! It's rather scary.

Had a brilliant night out last night and spent today catching the sun up at Williamson Park. It felt so nice to read a book for leisure! :smile:

These past three years have definitely flown by. And, I'm moving out this weekend, so then that will be it. Just a quick visit for graduation and I'll be gone. It feels so strange...

Awww it sounds like you've had a v good time :smile:
What course did you do?
Original post by BeccaCath94
Awww it sounds like you've had a v good time :smile:
What course did you do?

History major. Politics minor. :smile:
History major. Politics minor. :smile:

Cool.
Good luck :smile:
Free! Second year finished.

Unless I failed.
Congrats Rabit! I still have to wait for August! D: Aghhhhhh
Original post by ponpon14
Congrats Rabit! I still have to wait for August! D: Aghhhhhh

Resits? :frown:
I'm all packed up now and about to turn off my laptop. Feels very strange, as this is me signing off from Lancaster campus for the last time ever! :redface:
I'm all packed up now and about to turn off my laptop. Feels very strange, as this is me signing off from Lancaster campus for the last time ever! :redface:

:frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending