The Student Room Group

PC Gaming Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hard Reset sounds interesting, I may play that although I am thinking of getting the sims 3 but hesitating at the moment, who has played it? if so can you tell me if it is good.
Reply 21
Original post by Linweth
Hard Reset sounds interesting, I may play that although I am thinking of getting the sims 3 but hesitating at the moment, who has played it? if so can you tell me if it is good.

I like it but i never end up playing it for more than half an hour.

It's no great improvement over 2 and in some aspects is worse.
Reply 22
STEAM ID - Steve_The_Yeti

I mostly play L4D, L4D2, Portal 2 and B:BC2 :smile:
Original post by cambo211
Need a list of steam id's in the OP tbh :colonhash:

Original post by LtCommanderData
Good idea! Anyone who wants their Steam username in the OP, quote me with it.

:yes: Illusionary99 on steam, not that I use it much. At the moment, I'm more of a console gamer - but still love some of the PC classics. I recently re-bought Dungeon Keeper 2 - amazing game!

What you *really* need, though, is one of these: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Playstation_3_Society
Original post by Illusionary
What you *really* need, though, is one of these: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Playstation_3_Society

Holy crap. Now I feel inferior! Can't I just put a load of 'glorious PC gaming master race' images in the OP, instead?

Ok, ok, PC gaming society wiki page is on the mental 'to-do' list

Holy crap. Now I feel inferior! Can't I just put a load of 'glorious PC gaming master race' images in the OP, instead?

It took us until our third thread to go the PS3 wiki set up - it's early days so far here!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 26
Hard reset looks sexy, but I suck at fps' (my short lived spell on quake 4 made me feel dizzy for about 4 hours afterwards, just to put it in perspective :indiff:) so think I'll have to sit that one out

Anyone else thinking of getting age of empires online? Quite frankly I think it looks a bit cheesy :erm: I really enjoyed all the other games in the series and this might be a bit of a giggle...but think I'll get my 40 free hours & leave if I'm being honest
http://ageofempiresonline.com/

Society wiki pages are all the rage, just saying :awesome:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by skipp

Anyone else thinking of getting age of empires online? Quite frankly I think it looks a bit cheesy :erm: I really enjoyed all the other games in the series and this might be a bit of a giggle...but think I'll get my 40 free hours & leave if I'm being honest

Hmm, I'm sure I'll give it a try. It's not made by the people who made the other AoE games though (bloody Microsoft closed them down a few years ago), so how much of an AoE game is it really going to be?
Society wiki pages are all the rage, just saying :awesome:

Oh, well, if you're volunteering... :tongue:
Reply 28
hai,

xfire: fazzaman
steam: fazzaman

mostly play fps games such as cod4, cs:s and some rts such as the total war series, plus minecraft because its boss
Reply 29
Hmm, I'm sure I'll give it a try. It's not made by the people who made the other AoE games though (bloody Microsoft closed them down a few years ago), so how much of an AoE game is it really going to be?

Aye, I'm not very enthusiastic about it to be honest...greatest selling point for it (imo) is that by the looks of it you can try it for free :erm: and free is a very nice word

Oh, well, if you're volunteering... :tongue:

I want to update the pokéwiki first, been meaning to do that for a couple of months now :giggle: but if it's not done by the time I get round to finishing that then sure, I'll volunteer
Original post by skipp
Aye, I'm not very enthusiastic about it to be honest...greatest selling point for it (imo) is that by the looks of it you can try it for free :erm: and free is a very nice word

I was under the impression that it's a free game, but you'll have to pay for to unlock certain upgrades, civilizations, missions etc.
What do you get for free?
The following features are free to play:
Familiar Age of Empires gameplay, and downloadable to any PC for free!
The greatest ancient civilizations, including Greeks and Egyptians.
Constantly new, exciting, and evolving content.
Quest, battle, chat, and trade with other players.
Build and show off your own custom Capital City.
Enjoy historical settings with gorgeous visuals and a cool new art style.

What is premium content?
Premium content packs offer dozens of hours of new gameplay, entirely new features, and an enhanced multiplayer experience. You’ll be able to buy whichever packs you like and mix and match your purchases so you pay for the features and content you like.
Premium civilization packs offer an enhanced experience for your favorite civilization, including new gear, advisors, workshops, and PVP features.
Booster packs offer specific new features or storylines.
Empire Extras offer new items and historically themed architectural pieces for players interested in the ultimate level of customization for their Capital City.

I want to update the pokéwiki first, been meaning to do that for a couple of months now :giggle: but if it's not done by the time I get round to finishing that then sure, I'll volunteer

:yy:
Reply 31
I was under the impression that it's a free game, but you'll have to pay for to unlock certain upgrades, civilizations, missions etc.

:yy:

Aye, and I think you're limited to 40hours, which seems fair :yep:
Need a list of steam id's in the OP tbh :colonhash:

I wanted this thread just so i could stop dragging the Bargains thread off track into discussions of random games.

Atom Zombie Smasher is ****ing hard :colonhash:

It is. I only play it with slow zombies unless I want to start bashing my head against the wall.

Also what do people make of Battlefield 3 not being sold on Steam?

Don't care, not getting it :h:

Original post by Rishabh95
Can't wait for Deus Ex.

Already preordered it :woo:
Reply 33
Also what do people make of Battlefield 3 not being sold on Steam?

i got onto the alpha and if you dislike the recent COD games, then you are going to be really disappointed with BF3 unless they seriously improve it. the entire teamwork aspect was gone :/
Original post by woody_matt
i got onto the alpha and if you dislike the recent COD games, then you are going to be really disappointed with BF3 unless they seriously improve it. the entire teamwork aspect was gone :/

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

Dice is obviously aiming to please all of the CoD noobs and sell more copies of BF3 instead of making the awesome game all of us Battlefield players were hoping for. I'm now off to see what Alpha is like on youtube, but I will see first hand when Beta comes out.

Anyone know when the Beta is released?
Original post by Oxy-moron Prodigy

I have been waiting for gw2 for years!
Reply 37

If you want/need any help, give me a prod. Minus my moddy deletions and rollbacks I'm a wee bit rusty on here but I do know my way around a wiki :smile:

I'm still downloading games gradually from Steam so I can back them up on my HDD, but with 330-odd games, the vast majority of which would be getting downloaded (I'm not backing up anything that's under 100MB, as their filesizes are negligible for repeat downloading and the backups actually end up being significantly larger; I tried backing up Beat Hazard which is 40MB or something and the backup was about 250MB :p:), that's a task that will take me a very long time to complete :sad:
Reply 38
Original post by woody_matt

Do you think that's due to the gameplay mechanics? Or the players just being crap and going solo?
Reply 39
It's nice to see there's a PC gaming society, PC gamers appear to be a dying breed. :frown:

Original post by skipp

Just glancing at the page made my face scrunch up into an expression most likely of disgust. I've been playing AoE (and the spinoff AoM) for yonks, now, and I'm not really getting the feel of the series looking at the homepage and trailer.

I might give it a go (as said, "free" is a very nice word), but I doubt it'll take up too much of my time. Looks a bit gimmicky.

Hard Reset also looks pretty interesting, I haven't found loads of FPS games that actually make me want to play them lately. Most of them were from my childhood and early teens. :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest