The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by lonely14
Hmm, I wonder why that is. :rolleyes:

Pakistani girls are more likely to be religious - and if you are wearing a headscarf - it's screaming to say that don't even come near me!

Some who do date are likely to date other Pakistani boys.

Interracial dating for Pakistanis is really rare, which is a shame. :sadnod:

But I'm not intimidating, and I don't wear a headscarf :tongue:

When I date (or if) then it wouldn't be an asian guy. I'm sick of the whole rude boy act - it's awful. Any other race would be fine.
Reply 61
Original post by Iqbal007
Gonna be hard, i gotta research, but not gonna bother....
And thats not what I'm saying either, as far as i know you needed to have money and a lot of it by south asian standards for families to come over from India, which isn't easy. In India the muslims are generally poorer as they some do get discriminated due to their faith, which is a lot less then it was a decade or so ago... in general sense as they can't even make the money then, so how can it be affordable for them to come over it would have been very very difficult thats why im saying theres a very small amount of Inidan muslims.

Ok :tongue:

Let's leave the argument there then. But I win :biggrin:

Not to be nosy or anything, but are you an Indian Muslim?
I'm a child of one :smile:
But it wasn't easy for my parents, dis-ownership of family, casual racism all the time, feuds which quite literally could have come between the Capulets and the Montague.
My Mum comes from a strict Sikh family and My dad is from a strict Catholic family from Ireland.
Fun fun fun!
everything all cool now though, time is an amazing thing :smile:
Reply 63
Yeah happens quite often. Some of my female friends are Indian and they actually all say they prefer white gentlemen, which is of course perfectly fine but I often wonder why people have racial preferences in terms of relationships. There are some awesome people out there from all races.
Reply 64
Original post by ConnorB
I'm a child of one :smile:
But it wasn't easy for my parents, dis-ownership of family, casual racism all the time, feuds which quite literally could have come between the Capulets and the Montague.
My Mum comes from a strict Sikh family and My dad is from a strict Catholic family from Ireland.
Fun fun fun!
everything all cool now though, time is an amazing thing :smile:

Wow, nice combination!
Thought my aunt and uncle were bad, (my aunt a strict Hindu and my Uncle a strict Muslim) :eek:

If everyone was the same race/religion, everything would be so much easier :bhangra:
Original post by bleedblue.
Wow, nice combination!
Thought my aunt and uncle were bad, (my aunt a strict Hindu and my Uncle a strict Muslim) :eek:

If everyone was the same race/religion, everything would be so much easier :bhangra:

I'm an atheist, weirdly enough. I guess the heckling of two religions which are completely different in practice meant I rejected religion all-together :rolleyes:
Reply 66
Original post by ConnorB
I'm an atheist, weirdly enough. I guess the heckling of two religions which are completely different in practice meant I rejected religion all-together :rolleyes:

I understand. I guess it's also not good to 'inherit' a religion. Each individual should choose which faith they want to believe in (or not believe in), and not just 'follow' it because their parents are following a certain religion.

My parents are both Hindu, and I am too, but by choice, not because it's forced upon me. My brother however, is atheist...just doesn't admit it to any family members but me, and just plays along at all family religious stuff.

Again, religion and race complicate so many things :mad:
Reply 67
Original post by CityOfMyHeart
Yeah it happens, but it depends on where you live as well. In large Asian communities it might not be that common, it's more likely in somewhere pretty mixed.

And it's usually Indian girls + white guys. I don't often see it the other way round :s-smilie:

haha, sorry, I've proven u wrong.....although not currently with her
Original post by exursist
haha, sorry, I've proven u wrong.....although not currently with her

I know that indian guys + white girls happens a lot.

I'm saying that I've mostly seen indian girls + white guys.

It's really very simple :s-smilie:
Wow, nice combination!

He's not even remotely strict/religious, trust me.

Unless of course your definition of strict is completely different to mine :confused:
Reply 70
Original post by CityOfMyHeart
I know that indian guys + white girls happens a lot.

I'm saying that I've mostly seen indian girls + white guys.

It's really very simple :s-smilie:

Yep I would say this is about right actually. :yy:
I'm brown, boyfriend's white... And it's amazing :love:

I was brought up Muslim, but not too strict... We get the occasional stare or remark if we're somewhere around brick lane or something though, and it's not nice, especially cos they know I can fully well understand what they're saying about me... But whatever, things are pretty damn good between us so it's worth hearing crap for :h:
Reply 72
Original post by merryhappy
What do you mean 'thankfully'?

And Hindus aren't a race.

Thankfully, look it up in the dictionary.

Those who consider themselves to be of the Hindu faith.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 73
It's becoming more and more common. I've dated a white guy. No biggie.
Original post by SWdon
Fair enough but it depends on the families and communities, thankfully majority of hindus are still marrying within their own race. :smile:

Original post by SWdon
Thankfully, look it up in the dictionary.

Those who consider themselves to be of the Hindu faith.

I mean why are you 'thankful' that is the case? Would an ideal world according to you would consist of culturally and religious homogenous couples?

And people belonging to one faith aren't considered a race, Jews sometimes are but you're talking about Hindus.

The concept of race is rejected by science and is a social construction. There are no different races, only different cultural groups.
Reply 75
Original post by Cesar Lecat
He's not even remotely strict/religious, trust me.

Unless of course your definition of strict is completely different to mine :confused:

Well he was 'cos of the pressure inflicted by his parents. He now converted to Hinduism. And loves my aunty very much.
Well he was 'cos of the pressure inflicted by his parents. He now converted to Hinduism. And loves my aunty very much.

Oh right, no surprise then. I thought you meant he was still a "strict" Muslim now.
Reply 77
Original post by Cesar Lecat
Oh right, no surprise then. I thought you meant he was still a "strict" Muslim now.

Clearly not :tongue:
If he was a strict Muslim still, he wouldn't be with my aunty now, regardless of whether he loved her, or not!
Clearly not :tongue:
If he was a strict Muslim still, he wouldn't be with my aunty now, regardless of whether he loved her, or not!

Indeed
Reply 79
Original post by Anonymous
im muslim pakistani
but i dont mind being with a white guy but white guys dont ask indian paki girls out ...

Why not?

Latest

Trending

Trending