The Student Room Group

I want my GF to lose a bit of weight....

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DiZZeeKiD
Pretty sure I know what he was told by his GP, but still, I'm sure you know better...:yes:

Why are you referring to yourself as "we"? :lolwut:

Wow really. Listen poppet its not just what i know, it's what the medical community believes. But wait you are always right...
Reply 41
Original post by Nidhogg_Rider
I'll tell you this now, find a skinny person that is actually hitting their calorie intake requirement for weight gain and STILL staying skinny and you will have broken physiological systems as we know them, thermodynamics and in fact, plain logic.

Sorry love I just cant agree with you on this, my boyfriend is underweight, he's 6"6.5 and struggles to maintain his weight, I give him 3 protine shakes a day, along with making him eat breakfast, buying him sweets, and keepiing count of his caloire intake, its been worked out that he needs about 3000 kcals at rest to just maintain his body. When he does sport I have to feed him about 250g of pasta covered in thick cheese sauce with a protine shake.
No he's been to the doctor theres nothing wrong with him that would affect his inability to gain weight.

Things are not always black & white, theres always exceptions to lifes rules.
Original post by Geniemay
Sorry love I just cant agree with you on this, my boyfriend is underweight, he's 6"6.5 and struggles to maintain his weight, I give him 3 protine shakes a day, along with making him eat breakfast, buying him sweets, and keepiing count of his caloire intake, its been worked out that he needs about 3000 kcals at rest to just maintain his body. When he does sport I have to feed him about 250g of pasta covered in thick cheese sauce with a protine shake.
No he's been to the doctor theres nothing wrong with him that would affect his inability to gain weight.

Things are not always black & white, theres always exceptions to lifes rules.

Firstly, you're stating there's a 3000 calorie requirement, that's not that difficult to hit if you're sticking to a good eating regime. As i've said before human metabolic rates don't generally vary that much so average recommended calorie intake for men is between 2500-3000, this means your boyfriend isn't all that much of a special sausage really.

You're also quoting and disagreeing with a statement that I made that's completely logical. Hit your calorie requirement for weight gain = you gain weight.

I don't get why people are getting so heavily defensive about this, it's a bit pathetic really, considering in most instances it's girlfriends defending skinny boyfriends. Who and why am I offending?

I'm just saying, in the majority of cases, skinny guys don't really have a reason not to gain weight (outside of perhaps a freak metabolism that's usually because of a medical condition anyway) and if they're using the excuse of high metabolism to cover up for their inability to eat enough and if they THEN complain about their weight, then it's completely their fault. You are what you eat after all.
Next time she mentions her wobbly bits offer to go to the gym with her.

TBH i want my bf to lose weight but i also want me to lose weight too so offer to cook healthy meals and ensure when we eat out we have healthy resturants (not chinese). Not because i wouldn't love him....i'd love him if he weighed the earth but we both have a history of cancer and diabetes in the family and i want us to both be around as long as possible
Reply 44
Have you ever had sex with the lights on? I think that when she says wobbley bits, she means her penis and she's trying to hide it from you.
She complains about how she looks, her flat and wobbly bits? - agree with this self-assessment of hers, tell her to stop f'ing eating pork pies, crisps and other crap, and go and drag that ass of hers for some exercise.

She's probably feeling insecure about her looks but also wanting compliments from you to lessen the insecurity - she shouldn't be burdening you with this tbh, it's not fair on you. Women can really screw with the mind sometimes.

Give her an ultimatum, "lose the flab or lose me - your decision, babes"

Good luck, son.
My boyfriend flat out told me to lose weight even though I'm not overweight, so I'm trying to :smile:
Reply 47
Original post by Nidhogg_Rider
I'm just saying, in the majority of cases, skinny guys don't really have a reason not to gain weight (outside of perhaps a freak metabolism that's usually because of a medical condition anyway) and if they're using the excuse of high metabolism to cover up for their inability to eat enough and if they THEN complain about their weight, then it's completely their fault. You are what you eat after all.

Why is it different to women?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending