The Student Room Group

Gaddafi dead? More proof than Bin Laden's death...

A guy at work just told me Gaddafi's dead and showed me a picture of a dead guy who sort of looks like him, on the BBC website.

He said, but we can't tell really, could just be rumours.

Then I said, well I've still not seen proof that Bin Laden's dead.

He said, "yeah but that's the American's" As if that's proof (sort of like the Bible I guess).

So can anyone convince me that Bin Laden's dead? I'm talking PROOF, not circumstancial evidence or "ohh, it's not in American's interest, etc, etc, etc"

I don't want any double guesses of America's motives, I want to know what proof you think you've seen of Bin Laden's death which makes you believe it's true.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
well if OBL is still with us he has been strangely quiet for the last few months :smile:
Reply 2
I don't know why, but I'm sad he has died.. If it's true.

R.I.P Colonel Gaddafi.. If it's true..
Reply 3
Original post by the bear
well if OBL is still with us he has been strangely quiet for the last few months :smile:

Not good enough.

PROOF?
Original post by sucess

Ummm, okay :s-smilie:
why do people hate gaddafi so much?
Original post by sucess

More like good riddance. The world can do without him thank you very much.
Original post by The Owl of Minerva
More like good riddance. The world can do without him thank you very much.

Amen to that
Reply 8
oh well
Reply 9
The image below is pretty gruesome. Just sayin'

Spoiler

It appears there's a video of this. I don't think it'll be too long before it surfaces.
(edited 12 years ago)
Apparently they've just dragged him through the street, dead, on tv... lovely!
Reply 11
PROOF people, PROOF!!!

If you were in court charged with murder and a witness said "I watched him stab that person to death and dropped the knife, I then picked the knife up and chucked it in the Sea" and there was no other evidence, would you go to prison?
Reply 12
I'm actually quite surprised the BBC had a photo of what appeared to be a badly injured and bleeding Gaddifi right in the centre of their news page for about 20-30mins, it is quite graphic - I think its been moved to another their main gaddafi article now. I ecpected this sort of thing from sensationalists news outlet like skynews or the dailymail, have to say I had a higher view of the bbc not indulge into this sort activity.
Original post by dunnicare

:eek:

OMG is that real? Looks like they didn't go easy on him :-/
Reply 14
Kinda feel sorry for him. He was, like many other Middle Eastern dictators, backed by the West right up until the sequence of events that lead to his demise.

Just like Saddam, stabbed in the back by the West because he went a little too far.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by inksplodge
Apparently they've just dragged him through the street, dead, on tv... lovely!

If that's true then good! People have proof, very strong evidence that he's dead.

Now to Bin Laden?
Original post by inksplodge
OMG is that real? Looks like they didn't go easy on him :-/

Yep.
Reply 17
Apparently one of his own guys killed him (Gaddafi).
Reply 18
Obama would never claim to have killed him if he wasn't sure about it, because Bin Laden could disprove it so easily, making him look stupid. True, it's not absolute proof, but I'm personally convinced.

Also, al-Qa'ida has acknowledged the death.
Reply 19
Original post by Steezy
I don't want any double guesses of America's motives, I want to know what proof you think you've seen of Bin Laden's death which makes you believe it's true.

Well either I happen to be the Navy Seal who killed him, and I have a picture of myself with his body which I will post along with my address, or all I can do is speculate. I can make a good speculation though.

There was debate when Bin Laden was killed as to if the US should release the death photos. Al Qaida acknowledged his death. The Americans decided not to release photos. Al Qaida has nothing to gain from acknowledging his death unless it was to prevent Bin Laden's death photos from being released. Bin Laden's dignity in death gets preserved and the U.S. get confirmation of that death. I accept it because it fits.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending