The Student Room Group

Gaddafi dead? More proof than Bin Laden's death...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by ckingalt
Well either I happen to be the Navy Seal who killed him, and I have a picture of myself with his body which I will post along with my address, or all I can do is speculate. I can make a good speculation though.

There was debate when Bin Laden was killed as to if the US should release the death photos. Al Qaida acknowledged his death. The Americans decided not to release photos. Al Qaida has nothing to gain from acknowledging his death unless it was to prevent Bin Laden's death photos from being released. Bin Laden's dignity in death gets preserved and the U.S. get confirmation of that death. I accept it because it fits.

Still not good enough for me.

Where did you find all of that information? Through the media? Where did they get it? Did they disclose everything? Could there be countless other situations which could amount to Al Qaeda saying Bin Laden's dead, Bin Laden not making public announcements and the US government claiming they had killed Bin Laden? Yes.

This isn't good enough, the Government really piss me off. They say "Look trust me, he's dead" I say "Look, trust me I earn £15k a year" , let's see how important truth is to them then.
Reply 21
You can take "that's the Americans" to mean so many things, but yes, I think Bin Laden died years ago, to be honest.
Reply 22
Original post by notepad
You can take "that's the Americans" to mean so many things, but yes, I think Bin Laden died years ago, to be honest.

Thank you!

And this guy meant "that's Americans" in the same sense that every other brainwashed idiot out there means it.

"How could you doubt America? What do you mean no proof... It's America!"

What the **** are these people smoking?
Highly suspicous that America won't release pictures of Bin Laden as they're "too graphic", but Sky news is happy for pictures of Gadaffito be paraded about.
Original post by Steezy

I don't feel the need to see a picture of him. I don't understand why they'd ruin the governments credibility (forever btw) by making such a claim.

Showing the picture will lead to bad things and possibly cause more violence as releasing the image can be interpreted in many different ways.

when saddam's death was filmed many people thought it was barbaric, who wants to see that?

Regardless you're entitled to your opinion but I just don't think I need to see a picture of his body with brains everywhere
Reply 25
If you're so convinced that everything's a lie then noone here is going to be able to convince you otherwise, no matter what the source. You'll just dismiss it as propaganda.

So why should we bother?

Here, have one of these:

Spoiler

Original post by Steezy
PROOF people, PROOF!!!

If you were in court charged with murder and a witness said "I watched him stab that person to death and dropped the knife, I then picked the knife up and chucked it in the Sea" and there was no other evidence, would you go to prison?

Proof is by definition definitive, and no piece or collection of evidence could ever be truly definitive.
Cameron has confirmed it. Can't believe they showed a video on Sky News though.
Original post by Steezy
Still not good enough for me.

Where did you find all of that information? Through the media? Where did they get it? Did they disclose everything? Could there be countless other situations which could amount to Al Qaeda saying Bin Laden's dead, Bin Laden not making public announcements and the US government claiming they had killed Bin Laden? Yes.

This isn't good enough, the Government really piss me off. They say "Look trust me, he's dead" I say "Look, trust me I earn £15k a year" , let's see how important truth is to them then.

If you want to use that logic, then how do you know bin laden ever existed in the first place? He could be a media invention for all you know, with fake videos created to support his actual existence.
Reply 29
Original post by maths time is here
why do people hate gaddafi so much?

WOW...:lolwut:
Reply 30
Original post by Drewski
If you're so convinced that everything's a lie then noone here is going to be able to convince you otherwise, no matter what the source. You'll just dismiss it as propaganda.

So why should we bother?

Here, have one of these:

Spoiler

So because I want evidence that something's happened and don't just accept everything I hear, I'm crazy?

You're a mug.
Reply 31
Original post by the bear
well if OBL is still with us he has been strangely quiet for the last few months :smile:

He's been strangely quiet the last 10 years.
Reply 32
Original post by Steezy
So because I want evidence that something's happened and don't just accept everything I hear, I'm crazy?

You're a mug.

Because you think you're going to get more from a random bunch of students on the internet you're crazy, yes.

Either you choose to trust or you do not, whichever side you come down on is of no interest to me, but passing on the effort to other people because you can't be bothered is just lazy.
If you're so convinced they're alive it, prove it. You're the one fighting against the current here, not us.
Reply 33
Original post by Nihilum
Kinda feel sorry for him. He was, like many other Middle Eastern dictators, backed by the West right up until the sequence of events that lead to his demise.

Just like Saddam, stabbed in the back by the West because he went a little too far.

And you feel sorry for him for that? :| I don't see the logic. He did terrible things, but some people said he was an alright guy and helped him out in something else so you feel sorry for him?
Original post by sucess
I don't know why, but I'm sad he has died.. If it's true.

R.I.P Colonel Gaddafi.. If it's true..

You don't know why someone's death causes you sadness? I'm not defending Gaddafi, who was obviously a knobhead, and I'm not saying people who don't feel sadness at his death are bad people or anything, but I think sadness at any human's death is a pretty natural empathic reaction.
Original post by Steezy
A guy at work just told me Gaddafi's dead and showed me a picture of a dead guy who sort of looks like him, on the BBC website.

He said, but we can't tell really, could just be rumours.

Then I said, well I've still not seen proof that Bin Laden's dead.

He said, "yeah but that's the American's" As if that's proof (sort of like the Bible I guess).

So can anyone convince me that Bin Laden's dead? I'm talking PROOF, not circumstancial evidence or "ohh, it's not in American's interest, etc, etc, etc"

I don't want any double guesses of America's motives, I want to know what proof you think you've seen of Bin Laden's death which makes you believe it's true.

there is no proof mate, its a shame you cant trust people anymore
Reply 36
Original post by Drewski
Because you think you're going to get more from a random bunch of students on the internet you're crazy, yes.

Either you choose to trust or you do not, whichever side you come down on is of no interest to me, but passing on the effort to other people because you can't be bothered is just lazy.
If you're so convinced they're alive it, prove it. You're the one fighting against the current here, not us.

I'm fighting against the mindless drones in their millions who take everything they hear for absolute proof without asking questions. That is my point, not whether Bin Laden is alive or dead or in fact, ever existed. The point is, why aren't more people asking questions about this (and a **** load of other things currently going on in the world)?

EDIT: And why, when anybody brings these questions up, are they ridiculed and sniggered at? Is the Government & media's hold over you that strong that you can't even contemplate another scenario?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Steezy
why aren't more people asking questions about this

Perhaps because they have better things to do with their time and, after listening to the various claims, have decided that the odds are very heavily on OBL being dead.

The US claims it killed him (and has eye witness testimony and other strong supporting evidence), Pakistan claims it helped, Pakistani locals support the story and OBL's friends agree that he is dead. What is there to argue about? Move on.
Reply 38
Original post by Steezy
I'm fighting against the mindless drones in their millions who take everything they hear for absolute proof without asking questions. That is my point, not whether Bin Laden is alive or dead or in fact, ever existed. The point is, why aren't more people asking questions about this (and a **** load of other things currently going on in the world)?

Because noone believes, trusts, respects, pays attention to or in any way care about politicians and what they say. If we ask, they ignore. If they answer, we call them liars.
In an age where that's true, how are you ever going to get answers you believe?
Reply 39
Original post by Drewski
Because noone believes, trusts, respects, pays attention to or in any way care about politicians and what they say. If we ask, they ignore. If they answer, we call them liars.
In an age where that's true, how are you ever going to get answers you believe?

And that's acceptable is it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending