The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

University of Sheffield Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Just got an offer for Economics, over the moon! Thought it was only science offers going out this early!
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Original post by hollyfurniss
Just got an offer for Economics, over the moon! Thought it was only science offers going out this early!

Don't say this! I want my zoology offer!! (although i'm certain I'll get rejected). I thought there was a a lack of science offers maybe I'm wrong! They say on their website they generally reply within 10 days it's been 24 now! UGH!

Congrats on your offer though! Is it conditional?
I wouldn't worry, with it being a less common course they probably can't predict how many applicants they'll get each year so they'll probably just be waiting until more come through so they can judge each appropriately. I've seen offers for Computer Science, Chemical Engineering, BioChem, Physics and Anatomy (not all at Sheffield) but no Zoology. Thankyou! Yeah it is, AAB but I'm predicted A*A*A so shouldn't be too much of a problem hopefully, though never know how my Physics grade is going to turn out!
Inactivity
Chemical Engineering

I have a conditional offer :biggrin:
Original post by MasterPotatoHead
Received an offer for Chemical Engineering MEng for AAB :biggrin:

We can be buddies! I also have a conditional offer for the same course :wink:
Original post by Inactivity
We can be buddies! I also have a conditional offer for the same course :wink:

Coooool
But I might not even put it as my conditional if everything goes to plan
But since when did everything go to plan :tongue:
Reply 266
Course: Journalism Studies

Has anyone had a response or been offered a place?
username: MasterPotatoHead
course: Chemical Engineering
Reply 268

I wouldn't worry, with it being a less common course they probably can't predict how many applicants they'll get each year so they'll probably just be waiting until more come through so they can judge each appropriately. I've seen offers for Computer Science, Chemical Engineering, BioChem, Physics and Anatomy (not all at Sheffield) but no Zoology. Thankyou! Yeah it is, AAB but I'm predicted A*A*A so shouldn't be too much of a problem hopefully, though never know how my Physics grade is going to turn out!

Don't be too complacent, i was predicted 3A*s & ended up getting A*A*B
Original post by Bobbler
Don't be too complacent, i was predicted 3A*s & ended up getting A*A*B

Oh trust me I'm not, don't for a minute underestimate A2! Didn't mean to come off cocky, last year was certainly not easy and I understand that I'll have to work even harder this year. I don't expect those grades, but based on previous performance, the amount of work I put in and mocks I've had so far this year I don't think AAB is an unreasonable insurance, maybe even a firm if I'm not accepted elsewhere but it'd be nice to go away from home for Uni.
Username: KeepItSecret
Course: Linguistics and English Language
Reply 271
JI jst got a Conditional offer to study French! :woo:
Reply 272
Username: Triggster
Course: BA Chinese Studies and History

I submitted my UCAS a week ago :smile:
Just got an interview for Biology with a year abroad :biggrin:
Reply 274
So I finally got a letter today saying they were delighted to make me an offer and my track would update "shortly" ... My offer came through 7 days ago, ha!

On the brightside, I'm now booked onto the Politics Open Day for March 14th. Can't wait to go and actually see the uni. I applied based on the strength of reviews from students, it's reputation and the course. Will be nice to actually visit the department for myself :biggrin:
I just got another acknowledgement email off Sheffield... I thought I had an offer when I got an email off them! I was so excited :frown:

I hate waiting :tongue:
Reply 276
I just received a conditional offer for Hispanic Studies.. BBB!!!! Over the moooooooon!!!!!!
Reply 277
Original post by mf16
I just received a conditional offer for Hispanic Studies.. BBB!!!! Over the moooooooon!!!!!!

I had 3 friends get offers for Hispanic Studies a few hours ago as well. Congratulations!!! ^_^
Reply 278
Sending off my application next week, applying to Sheffield for Chemical Engineering with Chemistry.

Saw the uni at a Headstart course back in July and it was awesome, hoping I get an offer of AAB.

Does Sheffield interview, by the way? I was hoping they don't but if they do it's not an issue, I couldn't find anywhere on their site that said yes/no.
Reply 279
Original post by mf16

OMG Woooooooooooooooooooooooow!!!! Congratsssss!!! I am gonna go crazy, because I applied for the same thing and haven't heard anything yetttttttt!!! Ahhh!!! :eek::eek:
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending