Lancaster
Visit website

Official Lancaster University Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cambo211
Squeak is just an email LUSU send round weekly saying what's going on :h:

Ooh sounds cool :smile:

Original post by affinity89
Sorry. It is as cambo211 said - just an email sent each week from the SU. :smile:

Not to engage in one-up-man-ship lol... but, I bet you had half term. :tongue: I was so ready for half term lol, but instead, we had extra university classes to fill the days we would have been in school. Charming lol. Plus, I think for me it is the 9am till 5pm nature of my days [stretched to closer to 8am-6pm with travelling time - sometimes longer] which is tiring me out. :redface:

I miss my 5 hours a week contact time at Lancaster!

Yeah i did have half term but it was mainly spent doing schoolwork :frown:
Haha sounds thrilling!!!! At least i'll only have one subject to concerntrate on and not 3!
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 521
Original post by BeccaCath94
Ooh sounds cool :smile:

Yeah i did have half term but it was mainly spent doing schoolwork :frown:
Haha sounds thrilling!!!! At least i'll only have one subject to concerntrate on and not 3!

What subject are you looking to do?
Wish there was a baseball club at uni, I wanna play some baseball. :frown:
What subject are you looking to do?

Maths :smile:
Reply 524
Maths :smile:

Then i think you'll have to choose another subject to do alongside that as a minor, there's only 80 credits of first year maths modules and you need 120 :tongue:

So 2 subjects to concentrate on :tongue:
Then i think you'll have to choose another subject to do alongside that as a minor, there's only 80 credits of first year maths modules and you need 120 :tongue:

So 2 subjects to concentrate on :tongue:

Well its still less than 3!!! :P
I think i might actually do a joint hons of maths and german so.....
oh the smell is very nice yeah :biggrin: My room is derectly above the kitchen so the smell wafts up ..... :biggrin: Ooh do!
Aww that doesnt sound good :frown: Any idea what it is?
I know!! Im so scared and keep doubting my choices etc but hopefully it'll all be ok! My school has approved my application im just waiting on my nearly finished reference.... :eek: Yeah same i cant wait!!
Well that is true we do have different teachers!!!! hahahaha :tongue: Oh its like that in maths....she doesnt like silence when we're working then asks if we've finished the work but no we've been talking!!
Yeah i know!! The AS i dropped i hated and didnt enjoy which was hard :frown: :frown: But yeah the enjoyment is german is getting me through the hard content...we have a laugh! :smile:
:eek: I love glace cherries!!
Ermm didnt do anything at all really...just stayed in in front of the tele :tongue: you? :smile:

Same!! Well, garage really but my kitchens next to that, so close enough! :P
No, just a chest infection. :/ It's dying down now, but I've done nothing but go to school, sleep and eat for the last week! :frown:
Me too, but I can't go back now, I sent mine off on Friday! *gulp* I've got confirmations off Manchester and UEA, but no offers as of yet. :tongue: One of my friends has two offers and an interview from Cambridge. I want to KILL her. XD
Yeah, teachers are so annoying when they're hypocritical!! My old Chem teacher was exactly the same. -_-
Same with Psych! I can't stand Sport Psychology but the crack we have in the lessons with the teacher makes up for it. :biggrin:
Lol you can have all the glace cherries then, I'll stick to the fruit. :tongue:
Haha same. I did a little bit of work, but no where near as much I should have! XD
Original post by DoubleNegative
Same!! Well, garage really but my kitchens next to that, so close enough! :P
No, just a chest infection. :/ It's dying down now, but I've done nothing but go to school, sleep and eat for the last week! :frown:
Me too, but I can't go back now, I sent mine off on Friday! *gulp* I've got confirmations off Manchester and UEA, but no offers as of yet. :tongue: One of my friends has two offers and an interview from Cambridge. I want to KILL her. XD
Yeah, teachers are so annoying when they're hypocritical!! My old Chem teacher was exactly the same. -_-
Same with Psych! I can't stand Sport Psychology but the crack we have in the lessons with the teacher makes up for it. :biggrin:
Lol you can have all the glace cherries then, I'll stick to the fruit. :tongue:
Haha same. I did a little bit of work, but no where near as much I should have! XD

Ohhh i'll let you off then!! :tongue:
Aww :frown: :frown: But at least its getting better :smile:
Ooh well done!! :biggrin: I got an email today actually saying my school has sent off my application so now the fun really begins!! :tongue: Agghh!! hahahaa
Theres someone at my school with 4 offers!!!! :eek:
Haha i know...grrr....... :smile:
Yeah definately :biggrin: Having a good teacher who likes you always helps!! My economics classes were so funny and always entertaining but i dropped it after AS as I was hopeless at it!!! :s-smilie:
Yay! Thank you!! :tongue:
No i know! Im exactly the same..... I wrote a long list and did about 1/2 of it!!!
Ohhh i'll let you off then!! :tongue:
Aww :frown: :frown: But at least its getting better :smile:
Ooh well done!! :biggrin: I got an email today actually saying my school has sent off my application so now the fun really begins!! :tongue: Agghh!! hahahaa
Theres someone at my school with 4 offers!!!! :eek:
Haha i know...grrr....... :smile:
Yeah definately :biggrin: Having a good teacher who likes you always helps!! My economics classes were so funny and always entertaining but i dropped it after AS as I was hopeless at it!!! :s-smilie:
Yay! Thank you!! :tongue:
No i know! Im exactly the same..... I wrote a long list and did about 1/2 of it!!!

It's definitely getting better, I'm starting to actually breathe properly, it's lovely! XD
I got my first offer from Manchester on Monday!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: I only sent it off a week ago so I was convinced it was a rejection but it wasn't. ^_^
There's only one other girl in my year with offers. She has 2 offers and a Cambridge interview, so she's doing well! Someone else got a Nursing interview today though, she was well chuffed! :smile:
I was being a complete nerd today and handed my Sport Psych essay in early, she was surprised but we had banter about it. She's so funny. XD Yeah, Chem was like that. I miss the chemistry banter, but it was just too hard to carry on! :tongue:
I wrote a list again for stuff I need to do before Easter next year. I could have CRIED the list was so long. D:
I like lists though. :colondollar:
It's definitely getting better, I'm starting to actually breathe properly, it's lovely! XD
I got my first offer from Manchester on Monday!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: I only sent it off a week ago so I was convinced it was a rejection but it wasn't. ^_^
There's only one other girl in my year with offers. She has 2 offers and a Cambridge interview, so she's doing well! Someone else got a Nursing interview today though, she was well chuffed! :smile:
I was being a complete nerd today and handed my Sport Psych essay in early, she was surprised but we had banter about it. She's so funny. XD Yeah, Chem was like that. I miss the chemistry banter, but it was just too hard to carry on! :tongue:
I wrote a list again for stuff I need to do before Easter next year. I could have CRIED the list was so long. D:
I like lists though. :colondollar:

Aww good good :biggrin:
Ooh wow!! Well done :biggrin: :biggrin: :eek: an offer within a week is great!! I got it sent off on tuesday by my school and by thursday had 4 acknowledgments but no offers yet.....
Quite a few people have offers at my school........ :smile:
Awww :frown: :frown: Yeah i love lists but mine are always huge!!! :frown:
You two really need a room. :tongue:
I don't think I have ever seen so many emoticons used in consecutive posts :P
Original post by NightWatch
I don't think I have ever seen so many emoticons used in consecutive posts :P

Hahahahaha I like using faces :P
Reply 533
Sooo, to break up the awkwardness of a disrupted conversation.... :colone:

...howabout we try for another TSR meetup? (couldn't make the last one, sadly).
Original post by Tathrim
Sooo, to break up the awkwardness of a disrupted conversation.... :colone:

...howabout we try for another TSR meetup? (couldn't make the last one, sadly).

lol

If it's to be done again, I suggest it involves a significant amount of alcohol :tongue:
I am also in favour of this proposal.
Reply 536
Original post by RabbitCFH
lol

If it's to be done again, I suggest it involves a significant amount of alcohol :tongue:

Did I just INCREASE the awkwardness of the conversation then? I didn't think it was possible? :biggrin:

"Lots of alcohol" - I thought was a given? :colone:
Aww good good :biggrin:
Ooh wow!! Well done :biggrin: :biggrin: :eek: an offer within a week is great!! I got it sent off on tuesday by my school and by thursday had 4 acknowledgments but no offers yet.....
Quite a few people have offers at my school........ :smile:
Awww :frown: :frown: Yeah i love lists but mine are always huge!!! :frown:

I've only got four acknowledgements too. Lancaster being the odd one out. XD I got my second offer!! BUZZING!! :biggrin: It's for UEA. :smile:
Still only two of us with offers and three with interviews here. Most people haven't even sent their applications off! :s-smilie: I couldn't do that, I'd be too stressed. :tongue:
Haha lol same. But it feels great when you get to cross stuff off them. :smile: It's so satisfying! XD
I've only got four acknowledgements too. Lancaster being the odd one out. XD I got my second offer!! BUZZING!! :biggrin: It's for UEA. :smile:
Still only two of us with offers and three with interviews here. Most people haven't even sent their applications off! :s-smilie: I couldn't do that, I'd be too stressed. :tongue:
Haha lol same. But it feels great when you get to cross stuff off them. :smile: It's so satisfying! XD

I got my first offer on monday :biggrin: Well done on having 2!!! :biggrin: Yeah lancaster havent acknowledged me either...i dont think they do to anyone tbh...which is kinda scary!!
:eek: Loads of people have offers/interviews at my school....2 people have 5 offers!!!!! :eek: Yeah I know, I feel much better now its gone :smile:
Yeah that is very true..... :biggrin:
Original post by Tathrim
Did I just INCREASE the awkwardness of the conversation then? I didn't think it was possible? :biggrin:

"Lots of alcohol" - I thought was a given? :colone:

There was very little alcohol last time...Though I did get about four pints for the price of a half through a serious of fortunate circumstances.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending