The Student Room Group
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website

Heriot-Watt applicants for 2012

Scroll to see replies

Those who have conditionals for Actuarial Science, how long did it take to get the offer through?
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website
Original post by Mr Dangermouse
Those who have conditionals for Actuarial Science, how long did it take to get the offer through?

I'm not really sure how long they will respond to your application since I sent my application quite early. But apparently they have started processing the applications. Perhaps in two weeks time, or if longer, 3 weeks? :h:
Reply 22
Original post by Mr Dangermouse

Not long really...I think it took two or three weeks from me sending the application to my school :smile:
Reply 23
Applied for BSc Chemistry
Requires AABB and I have AABBC

Sent off my application yesterday so just waiting for my teacher to get her ass in gear and actually do my reference
Applying for Civil Engineering with International Studies

Requires AAAB (including maths ) - i have AAABB( including maths at B )

Hopefully it doesn't matter that i got a B in maths, they don't specify a grade
Reply 25
applying for chem Engineering 6 years :rolleyes:

only thing is i didnt try to hard last year and got bcd (b maths, 1 of b chem- so thatss a c.... and d in bio!)

this year im trying extra extra hard but.........
i dont think there going to look to ight to the face that i got bad grades last year

lol the tension is mounting!!!

doing 8 exams in jan all on diff days thank god, expected b in maths ( but i really do recon i can get an a ) expected b in maths but all teachers are going you got to aim for the a's and they recon ill get an a and in chem its said to be a b.... this is going to be a long christmas.....:smile:
Reply 26
I got an unconditional for Acturial Sciences :biggrin: Only took 2 weeks for the offer to come through. So chuffed :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 27
Original post by KayeGeorge
I got an unconditional for Acturial Sciences :biggrin: Only took 2 weeks for the offer to come through. So chuffed :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

wow, that's great! congratulations!!!
im still waiting for my application to be sent... :mad:
Original post by Emelynaki
wow, that's great! congratulations!!!
im still waiting for my application to be sent... :mad:

My school are taking ages to send mine!

I've done everything but waiting on them!
Reply 29
Am wanting to apply here for business management, could someone possibly help me?

Was wanting to apply to level 2 (ABB) but if i fail to get these grades can i then drop back into entering the course at level 1(BBB)? Does anyone know how this works?
Reply 30
Anyone else applying for Chemistry (MChem)?

Sent mine off and got an offer the next day for BBC for 1st level entry, AAB for 2nd but I'd rather go first I think!
Original post by vicky232

Sent mine off and got an offer the next day for BBC for 1st level entry, AAB for 2nd but I'd rather go first I think!

Did they tell you that you could do that for 1st level entry or did you ask?
Reply 32

I applied for Bsc Chemistry
If you don't mind me asking, what grades did you apply with?. Trying to way up my chances
Reply 33
Original post by judzi
I applied for Bsc Chemistry
If you don't mind me asking, what grades did you apply with?. Trying to way up my chances

BBCDD (C in Chem) at AS, absolutely dreadful as I fooled myself into thinking 'oh it'll all work out fine I don't need to actually WORK for my future' :P Only carried on the BBC (History, English Lang and Chem) to A2 and am resitting though.

I would definitely apply if I were you, my grades weren't great and I still got offered below their standard so go for it!

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 34
Original post by Fishbulb25
Did they tell you that you could do that for 1st level entry or did you ask?

I don't really get what you mean sorry :P They just emailed me a few days before it went through on UCAS saying unofficially they will be offering BBC for 1st level entry but they would keep the option of ABB 'alive' for me if that was what I wanted to do once all of my offers came through. The one on UCAS is for 1st level entry though at BBC.
I don't really get what you mean sorry :P They just emailed me a few days before it went through on UCAS saying unofficially they will be offering BBC for 1st level entry but they would keep the option of ABB 'alive' for me if that was what I wanted to do once all of my offers came through. The one on UCAS is for 1st level entry though at BBC.

Oh okay, I went straight for 2nd year entry and have been wondering if i didn't manage to get the ABB whether or not I could get into the 1st year instead. I got the offer a week ago now but I was gonna wait to email them until it came through on my track which only happened a couple of days ago. I'll ask them.
Reply 36
Just applied for business management and business finance at heriot watt. Would like to thank Robert_HW for his help on here gave me some very useful information. Applied to level two so if I don't get the grades I can drop to level one. :smile:
Reply 37
Applying for Economics *level 1 Entry*, Predictions AAB, there req are BBB, i hope i get it :frown:
Reply 38
Is anyone applying for automotive engineering at Heriot Watt?
Original post by hewodere
Applying for Economics *level 1 Entry*, Predictions AAB, there req are BBB, i hope i get it :frown:

Original post by Essex1875
Just applied for business management and business finance at heriot watt. Would like to thank Robert_HW for his help on here gave me some very useful information. Applied to level two so if I don't get the grades I can drop to level one. :smile:

Im applying for Economics here (all business related) :biggrin: .. Either of you guys been to check the Uni out?..

Was meant to go to an open day but it just never happened!

Quick Reply

Latest