The Student Room Group

Lush

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I found their skincare products do nothing for my skin but its a nice treat now and then.
Oooh nice! I'm going to have a look online now! :smile: Thanks for your info too!
No, I've only just recently started shopping there to be honest, and Skin Drink was the first moisturiser I noticed for dry skin. Thank you for the tips though, I am planning another shopping trip there so I will look out for Celestial!

Can't believe you used to work there, it looks like such a lovely place to work!
Aha, well that explains it :tongue: :smile:
Reply 44
I don't know if I want to smell minty fresh :K:

Ah why not, I usually use head & shoulders but what've I got to lose?
It's relatively short (if you're familiar with razors then a 2 or a 3 back and sides) little longer on top. grows straight, is blonde, has a habit of sticking up at funny angles when I wake up? :smile: Thanks
Maybe there are some good products but I am put off Lush since:

- the smell is so overpowering
- the staff won't let you just browse
- things expire too quickly for me to use them
- not convinced the quality justifies the prices. Wasn't wowed by the products

Having said that, I am curious about the massage bars...what are they like?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 46
Comfoter bubble bath.. Smells incredible :love:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 47
Original post by remiquaver
Oooh nice! I'm going to have a look online now! :smile: Thanks for your info too!

I first used the henna when I worked at Lush, as you really need to know everything about the products (sounds obvious, but you also have to know all the ingredients, their properties, where they are sourced etc)

I have the following that I keep just for when I henna my hair...

mixing bowl
tinting brush
old t shirt
rubber gloves
ultrabalm/ultrabland
shower cap

I grate 1/3 of a block for my shortish hair, then add boiling water and mix to form the consistency of unwhipped double cream. Then I apply ultrabalm or ultrabland around my hairline to stop staining.

I put on the rubber gloves, then I use the tinting brush around my hairline, using my hands afterwards on the rest of my hair. Put on the shower cap (this gives a redder result, leave open to the air for a browner shade).

I leave it on for around 2 hours, then wash with reincarnate solid shampoo (its on Lush retro) before conditioning. Adding hot coffee to the henna after grating will give a darker shade, paprika can give a redder shade. For a very vibrant red, you can add a small amount of lemon juice, the acid brings out the redness.
Original post by Lyde
I first used the henna when I worked at Lush, as you really need to know everything about the products (sounds obvious, but you also have to know all the ingredients, their properties, where they are sourced etc)

mixing bowl
tinting brush
old t shirt
rubber gloves
ultrabalm/ultrabland
shower cap

I grate 1/3 of a block for my shortish hair, then add boiling water and mix to form the consistency of unwhipped double cream. Then I apply ultrabalm or ultrabland around my hairline to stop staining.

I put on the rubber gloves, then I use the tinting brush around my hairline, using my hands afterwards on the rest of my hair. Put on the shower cap (this gives a redder result, leave open to the air for a browner shade).

I leave it on for around 2 hours, then wash with reincarnate solid shampoo (its on Lush retro) before conditioning. Adding hot coffee to the henna after grating will give a darker shade, paprika can give a redder shade. For a very vibrant red, you can add a small amount of lemon juice, the acid brings out the redness.

You grate it? :eek:

Does it wash off the grater easily?
Reply 49
Did you enjoy working at your branch? Did you just want to work over Christmas?
Reply 50
Original post by Amwazicles

Yeah, I just brush it off with the tinting brush then wash it. I do have a grater just for the henna though! I find that grating it makes it melt quicker and mix better (when I've got three kids running around, I need to get it on and working)
My skin isn't particularly sensitive, I rarely suffer from breakouts or anything of that nature. I get rosy cheeks from the cold. My skin can get dry in some areas, particularly on the cheeks and sometimes on eyelids. Sometimes during cold weather these bits can get quite flakey if I'm not careful with my skin, but usually the only flakiness I notice is when it has been shown up by my foundation (where the flakiness would have been barely noticeable otherwise.) Otherwise my skin is normal I'd say with a bit of oilyness on the nose.
(edited 12 years ago)
So today I went a bit mad (hence thread) because I fancied some things and BF's birthday is coming up.
Instore I bought:

Spoiler

But then I went online and had a little look at the last chance bit... and...

Spoiler

NAUGHTY.
Original post by Lyde
Yeah, I just brush it off with the tinting brush then wash it. I do have a grater just for the henna though! I find that grating it makes it melt quicker and mix better (when I've got three kids running around, I need to get it on and working)

Yeah I'm sure that would work a lot better :eek: Although I think I wouldn't want to use a food grater for it :tongue: Meh, my method is fine :teehee:
Original post by Amwazicles

It's really oily so yeah. It's a bit like washing off cheese with dry grass in.
Original post by hannahhaworth
It's really oily so yeah. It's a bit like washing off cheese with dry grass in.

Yum. I'll stick to putting the water on it solid and just waiting for it to melt down. :tongue:
two things.

one:

bumping this:
Original post by hannahhaworth
So today I went a bit mad (hence thread) because I fancied some things and BF's birthday is coming up.
Instore I bought:

Spoiler

But then I went online and had a little look at the last chance bit... and...

Spoiler

NAUGHTY.

and two:
why the heck have I got 2 negs for this thread?!
I used to work in a shopping centre opposite to a lush store and omg the smell!! i mean it's nice when you can just go in and out, but to work there must be a mare... that's kind of put me off Lush as i just got so sick of the smell :p:

Having said that i think i should give it another chance though, i've tried some soaps and they've been really nice.. Does anyone have any good suggestions for a shower gel for example?
I looooooove the face masks!!!

My favourite is catastrophe cosmetic (the blueberry one that smells like parma violets). The quick sell by date doesn't bother me at all because I use is aaaaall the time. :biggrin:

Original post by Lyde

mixing bowl
tinting brush
old t shirt
rubber gloves
ultrabalm/ultrabland
shower cap

Oh wow I love the adding lemon juice bit! Does it turn out really red? I don't want ginger hair (not that I have any problem with ginger, I just don't think it's for me! :tongue:)

Quick Reply

Latest