The Student Room Group

What was your first mobile phone? Did you like it?

Mine was a Nokia 5110; the first Nokia phone with games. I used to play snake allllll the time!

I liked it, but it was a brick. Not sure what my mum was thinking giving a 10 year old a phone though :s-smilie:

So what was your first mobile phone?
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Nokia 3410. Classic. With the snake game.
Nokia 3410 here, too. It was amazing.
Had the same number my entire life, too.
Reply 3
Motorola M3288

It could run on AA batteries if you wanted it to :tongue:
Was on this beast of a network too.
Reply 4

Panasonic VS6 - had a button on the side so it flipped open, blew year 8 away :cool:
Reply 5
Original post by JackWelsh

Panasonic VS6 - had a button on the side so it flipped open, blew year 8 away :cool:

I can't believe your first phone had a colour screen! :moon:
My first was a Nokia 3410 in Year 7 so 2005.

I had it about a year as it was already a hand me down from my older sister.
Reply 7

An old 3210 from my Dad.
Loved it.
(edited 12 years ago)
I can't remember the make, but it was definitely a Nokia back in '05.

Ah, I remember then, the only joy I got was playing snake. I want that game back man. D:
Original post by Freiheit
Nokia 3410. Classic. With the snake game.

Snake and Bounce were the bomb 5-10 years back. XD
Now it's all Angry Birds and such.
Reply 10

This, back in year 7. It had lights on the sides that lit up in time with ringtones :smile: Oh and you could make your own covers for it... I miss that phone, why are all phones so serious nowadays :/ forgot to mention it's the Nokia 3220
(edited 12 years ago)
I was late to the whole "having a mobile phone" party. Didn't get one until I was 16. It was a Nokia something or other that would divide continents if you dropped it.

Reply 12
About 10 years ago, a Nokia 3310 :biggrin: I was 7 back then! And I had a nice bright purple Winnie the Pooh cover for it, even though I hated Winnie the Pooh :lol:

And now I have to admit, I started using the same phone again one week ago :lol: I was getting sick of everyone having smartphones so I decided to start using this one again. It still works, and I bet even now its battery life is longer than that of the average modern phone :tongue: And the memories.. :love:
Reply 13
Mine was a Siemens a55. Loved it :moon:

One of these bad boys. It was a Philips c12. I can't remember how old it was, but I was jealous of everyone else who could set their phone to vibrate as this phone didn't have that feature. I probably still have it in my room somewhere.

Loved it with a passion. Spent an ungodly amount of time making my own ring tones :biggrin:

nice phone, no snake though :frown:
I originally had a Motorola something-or-other but I switched to a Nokia 3210, which I had for ages.

I loved that phone. Changing covers? GIMME! Snake? GIMME! 'Ringtone composer' GIMME!!!!!!!
Original post by Stacks
Motorola M3288

It could run on AA batteries if you wanted it to :tongue:
Was on this beast of a network too.

Same phone, same network, and when my battery ran out (those were the days when it would last weeks!), I'd chuck in some AA batteries too, and remember thinking the phone looked small for AA batteries and expected to put in AAAs!

Those were the days of paying for text messages..

since 2007. Still using it to this day! :woo:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending