The Student Room Group

AQA physics UNIT 3 monday 30th jan 2012

this was the hardest exam i have ever sat how did everyone find the exam and what where the hardest questions for everyone that need to be discussed?

Scroll to see replies

THE HARDEST FLIPPING EXAM OF MY LIFE.

Anyone got an unofficial mark scheme?
Reply 2
lol waiting for someone to put that up! what questions did you find hard?
Original post by sandeater
this was the hardest exam i have ever sat how did everyone find the exam and what where the hardest questions for everyone that need to be discussed?

the ray diagram question and the magnet and coil question pleeeasee :smile:
Reply 4
hey guys, new here, what answer did you get for the magnification? something along the lines of 3.14 ??
Reply 5
lol i messed up the diagram question i didn't trace the lines back and i messed up the magnification so that's 4 marks i have lost already and im not even going to start talking about the rest :frown: the magnet and coil question was not too hard you had to write that the coil cuts through the magnetic field to induce an current in the coil
Reply 6
what did everyone put for the first question about the aluminum transformer?
Reply 7
i said that it couldn't be magnetised easily/ it wasn't magnetic
I messed this exam up so much ><
Reply 9
i put that it wasnt magnetised too - some of the questions were really hard - especially the last one!
Reply 10
the last one was ok, wasn't it just 600/1.6?
yeaa, what did you get for the magnification question?
Reply 12
lol all the calculation questions i messed up in them so thats every potential 3 marker question gone however the moments ( the last questions ) i found rather easy. am i right in saying everyone got 375nm for the last question?
Reply 13
3. 2 something but i reckon the answer will be within a range
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: !!! i got 3.14!!!!!! thats made me very happy :LL
Reply 15
i put that!last minute response that - got something like 240 and 600 for the other answers!
Reply 16
Original post by FiGuev
3. 2 something but i reckon the answer will be within a range

i drew the ray diagram without tracing the lines back will i still get some marks for it?
Reply 17
what did you get for the least number of coils needed -- something like that? first i put 30 then last second changed it to 21
Reply 18
i put 50 - didnt know you had to work it out!
Reply 19
i put 10 :/....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending