The Student Room Group

Barts and The London Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DoaaK
snap, we applied to all the same medicine unis and got the same responses
looks like our barts interviews the same day :smile: see you there maybe?

hahah yeaa maybe, im in group E :tongue:
Just curious, how do most people have such high UCAS scores? Is everyone on a gap year or is the poll rather inaccurate and everyone is just clicking A*A*A*A* for the fun? Considering the most you can get predicted is an A, is everyone doing like 7 AS's?

Just wondering, haha.
Original post by llessur123

Just curious, how do most people have such high UCAS scores? Is everyone on a gap year or is the poll rather inaccurate and everyone is just clicking A*A*A*A* for the fun? Considering the most you can get predicted is an A, is everyone doing like 7 AS's?

Just wondering, haha.

The most you can get predicted is an A* actually. Plus music grades, EPQs etc all count towards UCAS scores.

Just wondering, haha.

I think its cos they accept general studies, critical thinking and music qualifications when counting the UCAS score.
For me its A*AAB bb. = 580points achieved.
Reply 3604
Original post by Netferatu
I've already done a lot of research but an extra little wouldnt kill: so can anyone tell me of any recreational activities that are common to the East london area? e.g a specific museum and good park etc. Many thanks!

You can do just about anything recreational anywhere in London. Just stick to talking about what you personally enjoy doing otherwise its pointless mentioning it.

Just wondering, haha.

As well as high predictions, increasing your amount if AS and A2 level subjects also increases your Ucas tariff (obviously), for example I did five AS levels. General studies and critical thinking also counts, as well as music grades and EPQ (I did the EPQ predicted A* which is 70 Ucas points) and as well as other level 2 and 3 subjects you can do that counts towards tariff points (I did Level 2 and 3 Childare and Education) too. Hope this helps you :yep:. You can always type UCAS tariff scores on google and have a look at their page to see the bunch of stuff worth tariff points. :yes:
Reply 3606
Original post by Muattaz.Kazzam
hahah yeaa maybe, im in group E :tongue:

I'm A :smile: what time are you?
Reply 3607
Hey guys,

just a quick question...in the invite to interview it said that the "interviewers will refer to your academic reference". Does that mean they could ask you questions on it and probe you on that?
Thanks
Just got a rejection :frown:
Reply 3609
Original post by dignityinclay
Just got a rejection :frown:

sorry to hear that :frown:
are you an undergrad year 13 student?
Rejection came through at 5pm, can't say it wasn't expected but still a little disappointing. Good luck to everyone :smile:

If you're interested, reason was 'Due to increased competition for places'.
Got an interview tomorrow! Nerves kicking in... :smile:
Just got a rejection too :frown:
Original post by jamieyea
sorry to hear that :frown:
are you an undergrad year 13 student?

I'm actually a gap year student with no offers yet and only one option left to go. :redface:
Original post by SpringNicht
Rejection came through at 5pm, can't say it wasn't expected but still a little disappointing. Good luck to everyone :smile:

If you're interested, reason was 'Due to increased competition for places'.

I doubt to be honest that there is any greater competition this year in contrast to there was last year. As usual, generic response from uni. :frown:
I doubt to be honest that there is any greater competition this year in contrast to there was last year. As usual, generic response from uni. :frown:

Applications were up 27% for medicine at Barts this year. Was discussed quite a bit earlier in this thread. But having said that, the response is still pretty generic.
Original post by Kingbradley6
Applications were up 27% for medicine at Barts this year. Was discussed quite a bit earlier in this thread. But having said that, the response is still pretty generic.

Oh right, I didn't know that. :s-smilie:

Quite odd though, why are applications in BARTS specifically up ?

Also, how did you get a response? Mine was just an update from UCAS track.
Oh right, I didn't know that. :s-smilie:

Quite odd though, why are applications in BARTS specifically up ?

Also, how did you get a response? Mine was just an update from UCAS track.

Yeah it seems a lot. Bit odd don't know why.

And I was referring to the poster above you; if they say it's due to competition it's not really that helpful. Of course there's competition. My interview is tomorrow.

Sorry to hear about it though. Do you havenother options still pending?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Kingbradley6
Yeah it seems a lot. Bit odd don't know why.

And I was referring to the poster above you; if they say it's due to competition it's not really that helpful. Of course there's competition. My interview is tomorrow.

Sorry to hear about it though. Do you havenother options still pending?

Just one otherwise it's all rejections again this year :frown:
Just got a rejection. Wasn't surprised at all :/ goodluck everyone else!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending