The Student Room Group
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds

Leeds Met Applications 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by Pitt1988
I'm from near Leeds and had a lot of mates go to uni there and it is good for nights out and that but I've had mates go to manc met as well and Manchester is just as good for nights out. Leeds does have the bonus of having the largest student population outside London and it is right in the middle of GB.

I wouldn't worry about it though, like you said Leeds and Manchester aren't far away at all! I've had conditional offers from both Leeds and Manchester and to be honest I can't decide between them.

cheers man hope i wont be missing out on much as i can visit leeds anyway to have nights out but im doing business management and leeds has the biggest business district outside london so it would been ideal for job placements. but hey hopefully it be good in manchester as it has the 75 mil new business school opening this september
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds
yet another day and still no offer its been 3 months now :frown:
Just got an email saying I was unsuccessful (games design)... Quite surprised really. I was way above the required UCAS points, had a professional book editor proof-read my personal statement. I bet they didn't go over my application properly or were full. Pretty gutted really, feel rather insulted :/

Oh well, still got Staffs on my list :smile:
Reply 243
Applied and put my deposit down for a deluxe cluster flat at Carnegie Village :smile: anyone else going here?
Reply 244
Original post by RJS94
Applied and put my deposit down for a deluxe cluster flat at Carnegie Village :smile: anyone else going here?

Yeah I applied and put down my deposit for that too :smile:
Original post by RJS94

yeah i paid my deposit 2 :smile: let the flat partys commence
Reply 246
Original post by JasperHope
Just got an email saying I was unsuccessful (games design)... Quite surprised really. I was way above the required UCAS points, had a professional book editor proof-read my personal statement. I bet they didn't go over my application properly or were full. Pretty gutted really, feel rather insulted :/

Ah, bad luck! I'm also surprised...they may have been full! It may be worthwhile to ask for feedback on your application. Good luck with your other application!
iv got my conditional at leeds met, made it my firm for dietetics ! and put my deposit down for opal ! can't wait to start in september, bring on uni life and freshers !
Original post by JasperHope

Definitely get that investigated!

Don't pass up the opportunity to go to Leeds and live the best student life!
Reply 249
Anyone else got an offer for Primary Ed?
Original post by Ryan Summers
Currently in first year Biomedical Science - so if anyone has any questions about the course :smile:

Also, good luck to all applying!

Hi,

I've been trying to look at the modules you study on the website. Unfortunately, not much information is given.
Could you please tell me what modules you learn, e.g. Compulsory modules and optional modules

Thanks!
Reply 251
is leeds met a good uni?
Reply 252
Original post by Akanns
Got my conditional offer for Architecture a few days back but i've been invited to show them my portfolio...

Really?? Me too :smile: how did it go?
Original post by ejp94
Anyone else got an offer for Primary Ed?

yes!!!! got it on friday! only two days after my interview, weird! where are you wanting to stay if leeds is your firm? i'm booking carnegie village tomorrow!! x
Reply 254
Ill be switching courses for the 2012 intake. I've got a house in Headingly, near the Carnegie Rugby Stadium, with a few good friends from this year. So if anyone has a few questions about life in leeds Ill do my best to answer.
Reply 255
are there many middle eastern students? :P
Original post by Ukjack44
Ill be switching courses for the 2012 intake. I've got a house in Headingly, near the Carnegie Rugby Stadium, with a few good friends from this year. So if anyone has a few questions about life in leeds Ill do my best to answer.
Original post by jorddawick
iv got my conditional at leeds met, made it my firm for dietetics ! and put my deposit down for opal ! can't wait to start in september, bring on uni life and freshers !
Hi i got a conditional from leeds met too for dietetics. still waiting to hear from university of ulster and glasgow caledonian uni, does that mean u have heard back from all ur other choices then? Are u from leeds? im going over to see the place this month at the open day.
Original post by macuser3
Hello all, hoping to do Computer Forensics at Headingley - with accommodation at the brewery :smile:

Snap! just firmed my offer an hour ago.. Need to look at accomodation though!
Reply 258
I still haven't had a reply from Leeds Met about Adult Nursing :/ and on UCAS Extra they say they still have vacancies. Just wish they would reply already!
Reply 259
Original post by sarahhep
Hello! :smile: Im finished school so got an unconditional offer to study PR and juust this minute applied to live in Opal, you??

I've got a conditional offer to study PR :smile::smile:! So excited!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending