The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

manchester foundation year in engineering

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by fotherz
i requested to join group, in the meantime, what is "communication skills & matriculation English" supposed to be? i did this subject to try and avoid that kinda stuff :L

don't mind, it s for international students scoring under 6.0 in IELTS.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 101
Original post by xiaoti
the grades they offer you for a course: Eg mechanical engineering with management is AAb-ABB but im thinking to do a foundation year but the grades they offer u is still the same one?

I dont think than a 60%( demanded for most subjects in at least 2 super units) overall average is equal to an A, and 70% to an A*..
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 102
woooooooooo im here, also yeh, thank god no matric english, although if i took that test id probably get about 3
Reply 103
Original post by fotherz
woooooooooo im here, also yeh, thank god no matric english, although if i took that test id probably get about 3

How come ?? :biggrin:
Reply 104
I just gt a conditional offer from manchester engineering foundation year,, someone tell me about the uni, and how the acommodation and stuff are,

plus how hard the first year will be given that i am studying maths and physics for a levels.
got my offer for CCC sooo happy :biggrin: and that was within about 10 minutes of having an interview. the head of department seems like a fantastic person!
Reply 106
Original post by pshewitt1
got my offer for CCC sooo happy :biggrin: and that was within about 10 minutes of having an interview. the head of department seems like a fantastic person!

Not going to ask you about your interview as that is unfair, but do you do engineering relevant A levels?
finished my A2 business but that wasn't looked at , just maths physics and chemistry :smile: you don't need engineering relevant ones but if you don't you need B's i think. the interview was great fun, no questions at all, probably because of the passion that i spoke with very early on. just take alook at the future of what you want to do is what i advise , ask about chemical engineering :wink: i had loads of info which i didn't use like that of the nuclear sector. best of luck if you need help or whatever please ask :smile:
Reply 108
finished my A2 business but that wasn't looked at , just maths physics and chemistry :smile: you don't need engineering relevant ones but if you don't you need B's i think. the interview was great fun, no questions at all, probably because of the passion that i spoke with very early on. just take alook at the future of what you want to do is what i advise , ask about chemical engineering :wink: i had loads of info which i didn't use like that of the nuclear sector. best of luck if you need help or whatever please ask :smile:

Thanks a lot for that, where else have you applied for the foundation? and i assume it Chemical engineering you're wanting to study? :smile:
no problem, I've applied for Manchester city university london, brunel and queen mary (outright rejection, no idea why..) and for just mechanical engineering no FD course Greenwich, got my city place for CDEE and manc CCC, best of luck!
CCC maths phy chem and i have an a2 in business with a B + grade 7 guitar+ golden crest award...and a few other things speech grades
1. it's a science, chemistry greatly helps with physics especially what we cover i.e wave motion and the orbitals etc clearly states if sciences are on offer CCC is the offer, on top of all my other achievements i think they just wanted me :smile: most of the interview was trying to sell me the university
i recieved my interview a few days ago and the only interview slot they had was 3rd of jan, therefore i can't talk it over with my teachers
i was hoping whether anyone could give me some tips on the interview
-recieved BCCC in art , chemistry, geography and biology
predicted grades are ABBB
after the year 0 i want to apply for chemical engineering with chemistry MEng
any help would be awesome :smile:
Reply 113

Dudeee I have like the totally wrong subjects and My interview for the foundation year in engineering at Manchester is on the 4th of Jan, Please if you could help me out I would be so greatful as I have no idea on what to expect ! thanks!!
Reply 114
I sent it off on the 1st of december and I got a letter in the post about the 15th saying call to arrange an interview
Original post by husseinshamshudin
i recieved my interview a few days ago and the only interview slot they had was 3rd of jan, therefore i can't talk it over with my teachers
i was hoping whether anyone could give me some tips on the interview
-recieved BCCC in art , chemistry, geography and biology
predicted grades are ABBB
after the year 0 i want to apply for chemical engineering with chemistry MEng
any help would be awesome :smile:

just relax...that's all i'm saying
Reply 116
Original post by Rolay
I sent it off on the 1st of december and I got a letter in the post about the 15th saying call to arrange an interview

do u need to have an interview for this course? in ucas it doesnt appear
Reply 117
Original post by xiaoti
do u need to have an interview for this course? in ucas it doesnt appear

Same question. :confused:
Reply 118
Has anyone applied through Extra for the Foundation Year and heard back?
Reply 119
I applied for the Foundation Year on 25 February and I haven't received an acknowledgement email. Should I be worried?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending