The Student Room Group

***Official Summer 2012 & Off Cycle Internship Applications***

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5580
Original post by Miyavi
What the hell, Citi e-mails me

"Your application is in progress - it's just taking us a little while to give it the attention it deserves. We'll be in touch as soon as we can.

In the meantime, do keep an eye on our website. Especially the press room http://www.citibank.com/citi/press/pressroom.htm for all our latest news. If we get to meet at the next stage of the recruitment process it'll be useful for you to know what's been going on here at Citi.

All the best,

Citi Graduate Recruitment Team"

Lmao. It's for a summer internship in capital markets origination.. XD

Yeah I got the same email too, I replied saying it's over 3 months and I'm well aware they've held a number of assessment centres so I want to know if there are indeed any spaces left. They replied saying there are and they are just taking a long time with every app. Sure...
Original post by aeonflux
Anyone interviewed at Societe Generale?

Have you? If so what division.
Anyone had a Santander GBM AC?
Anyone had a Santander GBM AC before?
Anyone already confirmed for Citi over the summer? i got my place last month. pm me if you are!

or anyone who's gonna be in canary wharf pm me!
applied to Jp morgan off cycle. Can anyone tell me how many stages there are for it after online test? thankkkkkkksssssssssss
Reply 5586
Goldman Sachs' reputation is always getting hammered. Why?

One of their London Execs recently quit, and has written an open letter criticising the firm for being immoral and greedy. This view on Goldman Sachs is becoming too popular to be ignored.

Its slightly worrying considering that I have an internship with them soon.

Anybody else share this view?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5587
Original post by SonnyZH
Who gives a rat's ass what the media's view is on GS.

Potential clients might eventually take up the views of the media.
Reply 5588
Original post by spkz
Potential clients might eventually take up the views of the media.

Clients care about their returns. Everyone knows that every single financial institution and government is evil. Wouldn't make a difference to me if i was a client. :cool:
Reply 5589
Original post by yothi5
Clients care about their returns. Everyone knows that every single financial institution and government is evil. Wouldn't make a difference to me if i was a client. :cool:

Yeah, but GS have been criticised for taking their interest before their clients as well. I'm referring to the cases where certain parties were given misleading investment advice which makes future clients question the integrity of the institution. Also, the fact that GS out of all the banks gets the most media attention in itself might be considered a disadvantage as it puts them and their clients under a lot more popular scrutiny, which in the case of large publicly owned companies is not always a good thing. A number of opinions suggest that precisely this was the cause for a loss of the leading position in several IPOs to competitors with less media exposure. I think in the end clients will connect their returns with the integrity of the institution, and if it keeps getting questioned often enough publicly, the views of the clients might get affected. Not to say that any other bank does not have similar issues, but GS seems to get the most publicity for it.
Reply 5590
Original post by spkz
Yeah, but GS have been criticised for taking their interest before their clients as well. I'm referring to the cases where certain parties were given misleading investment advice which makes future clients question the integrity of the institution. Also, the fact that GS out of all the banks gets the most media attention in itself might be considered a disadvantage as it puts them and their clients under a lot more popular scrutiny, which in the case of large publicly owned companies is not always a good thing. A number of opinions suggest that precisely this was the cause for a loss of the leading position in several IPOs to competitors with less media exposure. I think in the end clients will connect their returns with the integrity of the institution, and if it keeps getting questioned often enough publicly, the views of the clients might get affected. Not to say that any other bank does not have similar issues, but GS seems to get the most publicity for it.

Why are you complaining? You're interning there.
Reply 5591
Just stating some observations, no complaining intended.
Reply 5592
Original post by spkz
Just stating some observations, no complaining intended.

Raise it up with management? :wink:
Reply 5595
for those that will be interning at JPM this Summer

http://www.facebook.com/groups/404717002888480/
BHP Billiton are moving their trading unit to London for anyone interested.
Original post by Hackett
BHP Billiton are moving their trading unit to London for anyone interested.

Any idea if they are likely to take interns?
Is there any programs of any kind, even a days experience, that are open to lower 6th students? Thanks
Reply 5599
Can someone tell me how it works if I apply for an autumn internship now for this year, can I apply for a spring/summer intern for 2013 as well?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending