The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mess.
I think I pass half my exams because they just cannot be bothered reading my exam papers :awesome:

Only liking your spoilers btw.. :biggrin: Haha
Original post by sleekchic
What about Equity and Trusts by Alastair Hudson?

HannanB

Cheers. I've settled on Moffat :smile:
Reply 2282
Attempting to answer secret trusts questions for practice, and failing. They're hard.
Selected trustee duties module and the pensions module are pretty straightforward though gladly.
Last exam tomorrow. :jive:
I left my Conflict of Laws statutes at home. :facepalm:

Geth: -100
Exams: 1.
Seeing Mass Effect references in Law related posts, should probably stop playing so much. :pierre:
I have three exams next week.

Terrified is an understatement, I haven't started revision yet, I'm a massive procrastinator.
I have four exams next week! My first law exams ever, and my first exams of any kind in 12 years (mature student).
Original post by gethsemane342
I left my Conflict of Laws statutes at home. :facepalm:

Geth: -100
Exams: 1.

:nooo:

Your exams haven't started already, have they? (I can't check since the full timetable is no longer on the admin.cam site...)
Original post by G8D
Luckily I've got by with minimal studying thus far. Though this semester is much more demanding :frown:

I literally can't cope. Everyone else has 3 exams I have 5 because I transferred Unis and they messed up my application and so now I have 2 extra exams so I cover all the modules even though it means my degree won't be qualifying. I can't find the motivation to revise I feel like banging my head against a wall repeatedly.
I keep freezing in fear in the library and panicking about my trusts, property and tort exams all taking place within in the space of five days.

Barely bee revising for my fourth module, which is absolutely massive. Luckily for that module, the same questions tend to come up most years so I've basically prepped for it during the year.

But yeh, I am absolutely terrified for trusts. I literally don't get how to answer tracing questions. And Tort is ridiculous, four questions each question 45 minutes! How are you supposed to go through all the parties in a problem question, identifying the actions, defences and remedies in such a short space of time :frown:

Literally can't wait for the exams to be over, I love studying law, but the exams are so hard and intense!! :frown:
Original post by suffocation1992
I keep freezing in fear in the library and panicking about my trusts, property and tort exams all taking place within in the space of five days.

Barely bee revising for my fourth module, which is absolutely massive. Luckily for that module, the same questions tend to come up most years so I've basically prepped for it during the year.

But yeh, I am absolutely terrified for trusts. I literally don't get how to answer tracing questions. And Tort is ridiculous, four questions each question 45 minutes! How are you supposed to go through all the parties in a problem question, identifying the actions, defences and remedies in such a short space of time :frown:

Literally can't wait for the exams to be over, I love studying law, but the exams are so hard and intense!! :frown:

What kind of torts u doing? Which sections..
Original post by Swimmer
What kind of torts u doing? Which sections..

Negligence, Breach of Statutory duty, Occuipers Libility, Trespass to land, trespass to the person, defamation, privacy, defences, remedies, vicarious liabiltiy

Most of tort is negligence - I don't know about the structure of your exams, but we can do any 4 from essays/problems. I just did problems since I'd had to learn all of the substantive law anyway! Just don't forget that a fire spreading from an exploding petrol station falls under Rylands v Fletcher... #speakingfromexperience
Right, everyone! If you don't have time to write a lot of notes for a folder of notes for an exam, would you just photocopy relevant bits of books and copy and paste relevant sections of websites into a document?
Negligence, Breach of Statutory duty, Occuipers Libility, Trespass to land, trespass to the person, defamation, privacy, defences, remedies, vicarious liabiltiy

Thats is a lot! im guessing your not 1st year student?
Can anyone tell me what you do in a tracing question when the recipient of the money uses it in a hire-purchase agreement? I feel sure the answer is very obvious but I have now spent 5 hours trying to think of it and the only thing I can think of advising "my client" to do is get a better lawyer :\
Question on defamation: Can a claimant claim for defamation when the statement is TRUE, if it lowers his reputation?
New season of Silk is back on TV on May 15th if anyone is interested.
Original post by Celtic_Anthony
Eh, no. There is the defence of veritas.

Thanks, we havent studied about veritas, so I dont think ill need it for exam.

Latest

Trending

Trending