The Student Room Group

Am I overreacting to this?

ok so i have a nasal problem (chronic rhinitis and nasal polyps) which requires me to take steroid sprays and drops everyday indefinately. Things like temp changes, scents etc make it worse but my family keep spraying air fresheners. Ive shouted and told them that it makes my nose worse, they get annoyed and say 'well were not having the house smelling of dogs' i tell them to open a window. They say they wont spray it but they do i keep finding sprays under the sink. 2 of them are nurses too they say im a control freak. When tell them again they will shout and say im controlling but whats the best thing to do? Am I over reacting?
Reply 1
Nope, they could be a bit more considerate around you.
No, they're wrong. But for the sake of peace, are there any possible compromises? Such as weak candles in the corner or the room or burning oils? They may be less irritating as they spread slower and may be better as I know sprays bother people with sensitive noses more :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by For The Love Of Giraffe
No, they're wrong. But for the sake of peace, are there any possible compromises? Such as weak candles in the corner or the room or burning oils? They may be less irritating as they spread slower and may be better as I know sprays bother people with sensitive noses more :smile:

they use natural beeswax candles. They dont spray stuff in front of me they spray it sectretly i'l come in the house and smell air freshener. They say that everyone else uses them and they use them to get rid of the doggy smell.
sit them down and tell them the problem and maybe if they truly listen they might understand.

Sometimes, proper communication helps :smile:

good luck, it must be really frustrating for you!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending