The Student Room Group

Threatened by local chav

Earlier I was on the phone to my boyfriend and when I noticed a guy standing really close behind me. He apologised, then moved out the way but kept saying "hello", "hello", "excuse me" and I just ignored him and walked faster (he was a chav). Bearing in mind I was *on the phone* and then he jogged up to me (he hadn't given up) and said "Excuse me can I talk to you" and I said "I'm on the phone" and carried on walking. He then shouted at me TRAMP and collected a bunch of stones and threw them at me.

I'm quite frightened- what if I see him again and he's worse the next time? Its a certain dodgy area in my borough (it has an estate near it) and my brother has been mugged there before and my other brother's run into trouble there too but I was just on the phone during the day! Regretting giving up my self defence lessons now :frown: My boyfriend says there's no point reporting it to the police but I just don't know what to do. I live next door to a family of chavs as well. Sorry this is probably a very pointless thread.

Scroll to see replies

Unless you're the rent/mortgage/bill payer then you have little say in where you live, so I'm afraid there isn't much you can actually do.
What did you do when he started throwing rocks at you?
What borough? :curious:
He probably wanted your number. Next time just give him the wrong one, change the last two digits. Chances are you won't see him again.
Take away all his cider until he leaves you alone
Reply 6
U should never bang out ur phone near dodgy estates. It will just cause trouble :colonhash:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 7
Original post by La Esmerelda
Earlier I was on the phone to my boyfriend and when I noticed a guy standing really close behind me. He apologised, then moved out the way but kept saying "hello", "hello", "excuse me" and I just ignored him and walked faster (he was a chav). Bearing in mind I was *on the phone* and then he jogged up to me (he hadn't given up) and said "Excuse me can I talk to you" and I said "I'm on the phone" and carried on walking. He then shouted at me TRAMP and collected a bunch of stones and threw them at me.

I'm quite frightened- what if I see him again and he's worse the next time? Its a certain dodgy area in my borough (it has an estate near it) and my brother has been mugged there before and my other brother's run into trouble there too but I was just on the phone during the day! Regretting giving up my self defence lessons now :frown: My boyfriend says there's no point reporting it to the police but I just don't know what to do. I live next door to a family of chavs as well. Sorry this is probably a very pointless thread.

To be frank, I bet he wasn't a "chav" and you are just a middle-class snob and if he was, ignore him they usually talk rubbish.

Neg all you want- poor people aren't always mean/thugs.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by iSoftie
To be frank, I bet he wasn't a "chav" and you are just a middle-class snob and if he was, ignore him they usually talk rubbish.

Not all poor people are thugs, but all thugs throw stones etc.
it is amazing how areas further from the central London are dodgy and poor..glad i live in Central London:biggrin:

I don't mean to belittle the poor, but I would do my best to fight this inequality in the Parliament:wink:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by iSoftie

but he clearly was a 'chav' if he started throwing stones at an innocent woman:confused:

Go out, learn Kung-Fu, spend 25 years punching ironwood trees and then break him.

With your newly strengthened fists.
Reply 12
Original post by kidomo
but he clearly was a 'chav' if he started throwing stones at an innocent woman:confused:

He wanted to say something and he was being polite imo.
"Excuse me?"

Much better than the chavvy: "Oi! Oi! You, oi!"

Silly woman.
Reply 13
Sounds like you provoked him. You should work on that.

He said ''excuse me'' so don't worry. If he was serious about his business he would have hit you round the side of your head and taken your phone etc without the formal part lol
Original post by iSoftie

Yeah, I bet he wasn't a thug. He's probably just a really lovely guy who happens to hurl abuse and stones at strangers.

When you make a disparaging response to a thread, please read the original post.

EDIT: This post is amazing - it's like my own little negative rep farm. Every day I log in and find a lovely new neg. Stay strong brothers - DOWN WITH READING! HOORAY FOR THE DICKS WHO THROW STONES AT PEOPLE!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by KillForOreos
What did you do when he started throwing rocks at you?

Well he had to walk on a bit to collect them-I hadn't realised he'd thrown them but then they ricocheted on the lampost.

Original post by iSoftie

I didn't say anything about him being poor, you retard. He threw stones without any provocation.

maybe carry rocks next time?
take a **** on his face, that'll teach him
Reply 19
I would have chucked the stones back and legged it lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending