The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3820
Original post by Mr. Fox
Can only be a lack of demand. Most people probably interpret the label as 'Coronary Heart Disease Formula'.

Huh. Don't remember ever having seen the stuff, but it sounds fantastic!
Original post by GQ.
My wrist really hurts. Can't seem to move my thumb properly either. Any tips for helping it recover?

do this, tell me if it hurts
Reply 3822
Original post by HFerguson

do this, tell me if it hurts

Can't get my thumb into my palm like that. The pain is too much and it almost feels a bit stiff because I just can't move it into my palm.
ITALIA!!!

Guys, what do I do to get Balotelli's physique? :P

Edit: FOR SURE gonna enter this comp. I'm at my fattest right now but also starting a cut so maybe I'll have a half decent chance as bulkers never gonna win.
anyone watching the Nadal vs Rosol match? Rosol up a break in the 5th, only needs to hold his serve and Nadal is knocked out :nooo:

edit: Nadal out :zomg:
(edited 11 years ago)
I will enter since I asked for it. If I can run/sprint I should get good results, will then just depend on alcohol intake. Could always just cut it out for 2 weeks before end pics and would see a good difference then.
Reply 3826
Original post by Motorbiker
I thought you were a medic and thought they didn't get first/2.1/2.2 etc...

See below.

Original post by Slumpy
I think he said BSc, so presumably intercollated(some unis get a choice, some everyone has to). Essentially get a degree for doing a year of some science (or something else occasionally).

There was a little bit of BSc related science-y stuff in the earlier years, but most of it was in just this past academic year.
Original post by SMed
See below.

There was a little bit of BSc related science-y stuff in the earlier years, but most of it was in just this past academic year.

Why you no lift anymore? And would you like to sell me your bench press and weights?
Original post by SMed
See below.

Did you do your BSc on anything lifting related?
Yes terrible from Nadal. I'm a massive fan of Italy and Nadal so that softened the blow at least.

Speechless really... what the ****? The kid just did amazing though. Nadal was poor, for sure, but that guy had the best match of his life.
Reply 3830
Original post by cowsforsale
Did you do your BSc on anything lifting related?

I did it on endocrinology. So lots on GH, insulin, cortisol etc. Little bit of test, but not that much tbh.
Reply 3831
Original post by redbuthotter
Why you no lift anymore? And would you like to sell me your bench press and weights?

Tempted.
^Lemme know. I'm after bench mainly, but wouldn't mind taking it all - I need extra plates anyway.
Original post by SMed
I did it on endocrinology. So lots on GH, insulin, cortisol etc. Little bit of test, but not that much tbh.

What's the lowdown of cortisol??
Reply 3834
Original post by Oh I Really Don't Care
What's the lowdown of cortisol??

lol
Reply 3835
Opinions on rack pulls? Read it can apparently help my conventional deadlift lockout, as well as making my upper back thicker, which is what i need right now. Anyone had good success with these?
Been having an average of 7k cals per day for the past two weeks and haven't put on anything on the scales :grin:

Need to get back on track definitely though.
Either it isn't 7k or you must do A TON of cardio.
Original post by Jakeeyy
Opinions on rack pulls? Read it can apparently help my conventional deadlift lockout, as well as making my upper back thicker, which is what i need right now. Anyone had good success with these?

9/10 people i know who've done rack pulls, simply tell me that rackpulls made their standard deadlfit increase overall, but lockout remained the same, when it comes to upperback/lockout strength KROCK rows are unrivaled! pick up the heaviest dumbell you can and rep that bish out 20-30 even 40 reps!
Original post by GQ.
Can't get my thumb into my palm like that. The pain is too much and it almost feels a bit stiff because I just can't move it into my palm.

sounds like it might be DeQuervain's tenosynovitis

what brought on the pain in the thumb? What did you do differently or excessively from normal? Standard rest, ice, ibuprofen treatment. Go to the pharmacist and get some topical ibuprofen gel, apply it, then splint the thumb with a rigid wrist and thumb support. Seriously rest it.

If it persists, see your GP for some diclofenac. If that fails, see GP again for corticosteroid injection into the tendon sheath - know a few guys that have had it and say it's ****ing miracle cure for DeQuervains.

Latest