The Student Room Group

G4S 2012 Olympics Job

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2920
Pick up pass today morning atlast ! Now just uniform:smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
just got a text from gmb uve got a new helpline no :08009230388 and email for the human resource [email protected], may help you guys
Reply 2922
Original post by marakanti
just got a text from gmb uve got a new helpline no :08009230388 and email for the human resource [email protected], may help you guys

yea i just called them up, no help at all, the woman told me to email [email protected]
Reply 2923
Original post by ybasnet
If you have uniform, accreditation, SIA license and accreditation, please turn up in assigned work force check in point. Speak to your duty manager and they will put you somewhere.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100

Would this be ok to do as I do not have G4s time/id card as when I collected my unifrom and accreditation they were unable to print them
Reply 2924
Original post by daisy28
Would this be ok to do as I do not have G4s time/id card as when I collected my unifrom and accreditation they were unable to print them

In the same position myself.
Original post by mattstar

yea i just called them up, no help at all, the woman told me to email [email protected]

what stage are you in matt ? im done with all training sia badge received, yet no idea about screening ,uniform , accreditation or schedule
Reply 2926
Original post by ybasnet
If you have accreditation, SIA license and uniform then go straight to your neqrest venue amd speak with duty manager. They will put you in duty straight away.

What does accreditation involve and how long will that take? I don't have a uniform at all. The only thing I have is an SIA License and that I was told I was successful at my interview with G4S.
Reply 2927
Just this second passed screening, 'accreditation may take several weeks'. Well in a couple of weeks, the Olympics will have nearly finished! Training is all done too.
Original post by ± Dan ±
Ah okay, did they contact you regarding the SIA license or did you have to ring them? I have the certificate and everything but I have no idea what I'm meant to do with it lol.

They contacted me. They told me to come to a certain venue and do this course to get an SIA licence, which I did, then they sent my details off and I got the licence in the post in 4 weeks.

What sort of certificate is it that you have?
Reply 2929
Original post by ybasnet
If you have accreditation, SIA license and uniform then go straight to your neqrest venue amd speak with duty manager. They will put you in duty straight away.

do you know for a fact that if you turn up to a venue without being scheduled in, they will let you work?
does anyone knoe as to how long it will take once we fill in the accreditation form when can i get my pass???
Reply 2931
Original post by arno111
do you know for a fact that if you turn up to a venue without being scheduled in, they will let you work?

I was thinking of trying this but am glad I haven't as just had a phone call from scheduling and am not on their system yet,they couldn't find me at all despite me having done all the training, picked up uniform and accreditation, apparently you have to wait to be downloaded onto their system before you can be scheduled. Very nice helpful lady
Reply 2932
Original post by ALazyThracian
The scheduling in manchester is chaotic, everywhere is understaffed.

are you working manchester at the moment, do you know whats going on.
Reply 2933
Original post by marakanti
what stage are you in matt ? im done with all training sia badge received, yet no idea about screening ,uniform , accreditation or schedule

Passed screening and training, sia are still checking my aplication. I just passed screening y-day so havent heard nothing about uniform, accreditation or a schedule.. I have noticed i only heard news from them on mondays and somethimes fridays so all i can do is wait for now.
Reply 2934
So I e-mailed the Accreditation department at this e-mail [email protected] and they replied asking I fill out a form and send a picture of my I.D ... Don't really want to send a photocopy of my passport and via e-mail as they should already have it... Can't find the e-mail on their website either. Has anybody else had to do this?
Thought I would take the initiative today and tell the call centre seeing as I still have no payroll number. One of the nicest women picked up the phone and helped me out a lot and sent an urgent email to payroll to get me sorted.

Since the acredd department still haven't got back to me after my reply. I'm going off their last message of 'You do have a LOCOG number' and seeing If I can pick up my pass and uniform tomorrow.
(edited 11 years ago)
:mad: G4S could not organise a party in a brewery, even if someone supplied the booze :mad:

My son has done one shift and after one night is ready to quit, but can he or we on his behalf get through to the schedulers? Can he/we f***? He is prepared to put in the hours but doing what he was trained for, not watching a field for 12 hours without any food, he did not take any as was told it would be supplied.

The scheduled transport has never turned up but he had his car so drove, taking two of them to the site.

He is in the middle of nowhere with no mobile signal and no internet access so we are trying to sort this for him.

I have tried 0207 536 1994, but someone answers and then hangs up. Are there any other numbers please?

Thanks
fedup_parent
Reply 2937
Original post by fedup_parent
:mad: G4S could not organise a party in a brewery, even if someone supplied the booze :mad:

My son has done one shift and after one night is ready to quit, but can he or we on his behalf get through to the schedulers? Can he/we f***? He is prepared to put in the hours but doing what he was trained for, not watching a field for 12 hours without any food, he did not take any as was told it would be supplied.

The scheduled transport has never turned up but he had his car so drove, taking two of them to the site.

He is in the middle of nowhere with no mobile signal and no internet access so we are trying to sort this for him.

I have tried 0207 536 1994, but someone answers and then hangs up. Are there any other numbers please?

Thanks
fedup_parent

Theres 0800 923 0388 but to be honest, no number is any good. The scheduling team do not take in coming calls and there is no number for them. Every number just gets through to people who take messages and then forward them on to the scheduling team.

I've given up waiting for my schedule to come through now. Have been ready for weeks and weeks and didnt hear nothing until tonight when a woman phones asking if i can work at the hilton hotel tonight. Told her it was too short notice and that i have other commitments so cant just work straight away, told her id be able to work from next week. Said theres nothing at the moment and ill hear back next week. Its a joke. If they are so desperate for people why are g4s telling me they dont have work for me next week???
Original post by yennibubs
Anyone in Hilton park lane tomorrow??

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9300

Hey,

I'm working there on Saturday on X-ray. What role and shift are you doing?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by arno111
Theres 0800 923 0388 but to be honest, no number is any good. The scheduling team do not take in coming calls and there is no number for them. Every number just gets through to people who take messages and then forward them on to the scheduling team.

I've given up waiting for my schedule to come through now. Have been ready for weeks and weeks and didnt hear nothing until tonight when a woman phones asking if i can work at the hilton hotel tonight. Told her it was too short notice and that i have other commitments so cant just work straight away, told her id be able to work from next week. Said theres nothing at the moment and ill hear back next week. Its a joke. If they are so desperate for people why are g4s telling me they dont have work for me next week???

Thank you for the reply

Just got through to a very helpful lady on the 0800 number, so fingers crossed :confused:
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending