The Student Room Group

G4S 2012 Olympics Job

Scroll to see replies

Original post by daisy28
Could you tell me how you got hold of payroll as would love to get my payroll number thanks

Sure :smile:

Email: [email protected]
Original post by coolasacucumber
I only know army is doin psa at stratford i dont knpw about other venues. So if your assigned psa somewhere else theres a good chance youll do it. Also im hopin they let more do psa whwn olympics start as there isnt any visitors yet. Anyway off to sleeps gotta get up at 4 for work -.-Sent from my GT-I9100
Good luck :tongue:
you know wat fck it, im goin 2 justturn up at stratford tomorrow n sayim meant to here. i have everything, acredditation uniform training and sia. but i dont have a bloody employee number. they never reply to their emails buh hey will c how it goes 2mao. got nothing 2 loose
Reply 3043
Original post by abduldirie
you know wat fck it, im goin 2 justturn up at stratford tomorrow n sayim meant to here. i have everything, acredditation uniform training and sia. but i dont have a bloody employee number. they never reply to their emails buh hey will c how it goes 2mao. got nothing 2 loose

what a champion. let us know how it goes :biggrin:
Reply 3044
Original post by mohsanrabbani
Listen to me carefully and you will be fine. Walk straight into your nearest uniform centre and collect your uniform, the only thing you need is your passport and your name.

Regarding your sia also follow these steps: phone the g4s department that deals with sia applications, most likely they have not sent your application due to the fact they have thousands, you need to phone them and make sure they find your application, the girls name is Jessica Leung she will help you, there number is 020 7068 5947. You might have to wait but don't give up

Anyone else's SIA status checker return no results?
Reply 3045
Has anyone actually done this whole turn up and just work thing, because I really dont want to go and make a fool of myself :colondollar: , can anyone get back to me if they have and actually have worked because my friend starts night shift next week and I'm thinking to tag along and work aswell with her

Another question, im a team leader and the pay is 13ph, so if I do work before im scheduled to do so will I get 13ph, or the standard rate of pay 8.50
Reply 3046
Original post by EJ92
Has anyone actually done this whole turn up and just work thing, because I really dont want to go and make a fool of myself :colondollar: , can anyone get back to me if they have and actually have worked because my friend starts night shift next week and I'm thinking to tag along and work aswell with her

Another question, im a team leader and the pay is 13ph, so if I do work before im scheduled to do so will I get 13ph, or the standard rate of pay 8.50

I want to just turn up too, can we go together? :colondollar::colondollar::rolleyes:
Original post by jggb
Anyone else's SIA status checker return no results?

Yup mine =[

People that are saying "just turn up" how will G4S know what shifts you have worked and how will they pay you for it if they have no proof?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3048
Original post by 2LEGIT2QUIT
Can you believe i passed my SIA back in march and got my certificate, yet 4 months on they have not sent off my application for me to receive my badge :s i am fuming!!! 4 MONTHS!! now even though i have uniform and accreditation i cant even work :angry:

I'm in EXACTLY the same boat. What am I supposed to do? They also still have my driving licence that they said 2-12 weeks for over 13 weeks on. Waited four hours today after getting my uniform in 10minutes to be told the scheduling guy would "look into it". (After calling a number and being told they'd..."get back to me")
How can I have a uniform and accred pass but not be allowed any working hours? I'm ready, willing and able to work anywhere in the country if they accommodate me.

Still not been paid for any of the 7 days of training yet. I have an interview for another job elsewhere later today but won't I owe G4S money if I don't do the 5 shifts for them?
Reply 3049
Original post by treeves
I want to just turn up too, can we go together? :colondollar::colondollar::rolleyes:

I dont mind to be honest :biggrin:, wont be by myself then:colondollar:
Original post by jggb
I'm in EXACTLY the same boat. What am I supposed to do? They also still have my driving licence that they said 2-12 weeks for over 13 weeks on. Waited four hours today after getting my uniform in 10minutes to be told the scheduling guy would "look into it". (After calling a number and being told they'd..."get back to me")
How can I have a uniform and accred pass but not be allowed any working hours? I'm ready, willing and able to work anywhere in the country if they accommodate me.

Still not been paid for any of the 7 days of training yet. I have an interview for another job elsewhere later today but won't I owe G4S money if I don't do the 5 shifts for them?

Ridiculous isn't it, likewise they still have my birth certificate. :rolleyes: I to have been on the phone for several hours today, and as you said all i get is the well get back to you. I find it strange you haven't been paid for training yet though(role specific training). Have you told them about this, and yes your right im afraid you would have to pay.
Reply 3051
Original post by skippy123
Yup mine =[

People that are saying "just turn up" how will G4S know what shifts you have worked and how will they pay you for it if they have no proof?

Well people have been saying you need to sign in and out with your payroll number and thats it. In theory it would come up on the system that you worked the shift cause you clocked in and out. Imo the payroll department seems to be the only department on top of things so I dont think anything should get screwed up
Original post by EJ92
Imo the payroll department seems to be the only department on top of things so I dont think anything should get screwed up

Looks like i need to get in touch with the payroll department and get me a number!!
I'm trained to be an X-Ray operator but when I checked in my ESS apparently my position is Events Steward. I have not been trained for this and what exactly do you do as Events Steward?. Also, the SIA tracker returns no results of my application. What a nightmare :mob:

This is what G4S is ::troll: Class A Trolls.
Original post by The medjai
I'm trained to be an X-Ray operator but when I checked in my ESS apparently my position is Events Steward.

I am as well I think they put us all down for that. Although I have unofficially quit (still waiting for a phone call back) I looked at my time sheet and they have moved me to venues 40 miles away. No way am I spending any more of my own money traveling and it's night shift I told them a few times now DAY only.

Also I am no longer a PSA which I understand but I never wanted to do patrolling

Unless they sort out the way they treat staff at the workplace and my shifts I will offically quit as soon as they phone me back
Original post by Lord Jon
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :woo: I will :colone:
Oh right. We have a canteen? :zomg:

Did you just say West Indian? At Stratford???? :biggrin: and salad?
:love:

And sorry what are these bags of night food? Where'd you get em?

What's served at the canteen?

Thank God for no maccyd's I'd be tempted! :tongue:

Yupp just for us staff. Yeah although idk were you get it from. Urm they had pasta bake, cous cous and lamb, duck. When you do night as nowhere is opdn you get sandwiches pasta chocolate and drink .

Original post by Lord Jon
Good luck :tongue:

Thanks. At the station now using the free wifi theyve implemented xD

Original post by EJ92

Woah idk about you aint all tl workin already?

Sent from my GT-I9100
Original post by The medjai
I'm trained to be an X-Ray operator but when I checked in my ESS apparently my position is Events Steward. I have not been trained for this and what exactly do you do as Events Steward?. Also, the SIA tracker returns no results of my application. What a nightmare :mob:

This is what G4S is ::troll: Class A Trolls.

How do you check your ESS?
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
They contacted me. They told me to come to a certain venue and do this course to get an SIA licence, which I did, then they sent my details off and I got the licence in the post in 4 weeks.

What sort of certificate is it that you have?

It just shows i completed the door supervisor course which everyone does for their SIA License.

I got through to someone useful and he said it should all be good :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3059
Just received the same text message I received last week asking me to check my emails for "important information about your London 2012 accreditation"

Now this email will tell me to go and collect my accreditation... But when I actually go there, they will tell me that I have wasted ANOTHER journey because I am not on their system.

They will then get me to fill out the same form I have filled out 100 times, with my name, contact number, and email:angry:

G4S truly the worst company in the world...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending