The Student Room Group

G4S 2012 Olympics Job

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3100
Original post by MrSanj
I don't think i'll be getting the job.

I passed screening and vetting and now my application is now sent to accreditation and only 8 days to go till the Olympics and I HAVE NOT EVEN HAD TRAINING OR SIA TRAINING!! WTF!

I'm in the same boat :frown:
Reply 3101
Original post by A_Saucy_Cabbage
I was at UDAC for about an hour (G4S employees get queue jump). No I had no letter and I officially went into the LOCOG two days ago, but I asked G4S last week and they said my LOCOG was done :s-smilie:

P.S. You need accred before you get your uniform so don't uniform beforehand.

That was lucky when I went last week it took me 3 hours in the queue. :smile:
Original post by daisy28
That was lucky when I went last week it took me 3 hours in the queue. :smile:

I was at UDAC for about an hour (G4S employees get queue jump). No I had no letter and I officially went into the LOCOG two days ago, but I asked G4S last week and they said my LOCOG was done :s-smilie:

I was in and out within 10 minutes! :lolwut: and there was a long queue as well!!
Reply 3103
From reading these comments i think im gunna just turn up and work at stratford. Anyone know where we actually go to sign in? What entrance we have to go to? Is it the one where you walk through westfield and its at the end?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Finally got into the ESS, no shifts as of yet.

Is everybody down as 'Security Officer (Gen Guarding)'? Just don't know whether CCTV comes under general guarding lol
Reply 3105

Did you need to show any i.d or any email/text to show invite?

Because I have just been passed into LOCOG screening today, hoping to walk in tomorrow or friday. . . . .btw i dont have a payroll number yet
Original post by shaj_t
Did you need to show any i.d or any email/text to show invite?

Because I have just been passed into LOCOG screening today, hoping to walk in tomorrow or friday. . . . .btw i dont have a payroll number yet
Just walk in with your passport or drivers license. They don't need your payroll number. If you go and collect your uniform afterwards you'll get your payroll number there (if you have one).
So i logged into ESS and my job role is Events steward..is that a general category in which they place all applicants? As far as i was aware i was doing PSA.
Reply 3108
Just walk in with your passport or drivers license. They don't need your payroll number. If you go and collect your uniform afterwards you'll get your payroll number there (if you have one).

Do you think its too early if I go in tomorrow as i've just passed screening tomorrow, i emailed for a payroll number and the reply I got was 'you are not on the system' :mad:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Lord Jon
I was in and out within 10 minutes! :lolwut: and there was a long queue as well!!

What time of day did you go? I'm gonna go tomorrow.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3110
anyone know what station is closest to UDAC, is it West Ham or Star lane?
Reply 3111
Original post by shaj_t
anyone know what station is closest to UDAC, is it West Ham or Star lane?

star lane is the closest
Original post by 2LEGIT2QUIT
So i logged into ESS and my job role is Events steward..is that a general category in which they place all applicants? As far as i was aware i was doing PSA.

Me too
Original post by 2LEGIT2QUIT

Original post by The medjai
Me too

I am as well. Also trained as a PSA but now patrolling due to the army taken over our jobs. So I am no longer doing the job i trained in and doing one I haven't trained for :confused:
Reply 3114
Original post by GuitarWizard
I am as well. Also trained as a PSA but now patrolling due to the army taken over our jobs. So I am no longer doing the job i trained in and doing one I haven't trained for :confused:

Unless you need training for standing around and playing pacman on an iphone, guard roles should be easy enough.. I was trained in PSA also but it looks like the army get first priority..
Reply 3115
So frustrating, a week gone by and despite numerous phone calls still no payroll number or scheduling. Have once again just been told that I am not on the system yet.
I have my uniform and accreditation and have done all the training - why can't they find me on the system!!! Seem to be going round in circles and told something different every time I ring. I have been so polite and patient but am now starting to feel angry. They have just passed my enquiry over as urgent just as they did a week ago. :angry::angry::angry::angry:
Reply 3116
What went wrong in G4S?

The worst case for any organisation is the state of complete chaos. It is not from the consequence of natural disaster and uncontrollable situation but a complete management failure. No one disagree that you require foundational strength to bear a load. The plan and vision was excellent to increase the business for days ahead. Environment was perfect and G4S approached quite convincingly.

Before Nick Buckles (CEO) publicly apologies, there were serious of failures within organisation where complete reform requires. If I were him, I would have thought the extreme failures as well, since the olympic issues are not only linked with reputation but also linked with security of country.

Failures....

Unable to meet the benchmarks such as infrastructures (IT, staff, venues, facilities, communication etc...)

Should have interviewing, screening, vetting, and accreditation process simultaneously and perhaps completed by March 2012.

SIA training should have completed by April.

Licensing should have completed by May.

Accreditation should have completed by May.

Role specific training should have completed by June.

Duty deployment should have been completed by end of June.

Communication is the biggest failure in G4S.

None of the duty managers are involved in duty deployment.

What next......

Complete reform of organisation structure. Should event like olympic as separate project.

Need more management expert and reduce dependancy of technical expert in managerial position. Department may include;

1. Board

a. CEO / project manager
b. Admin. Manager
c. Security Manager x2
d. HR Manager
e. Finance Manager
f. Communication Manager
g. Business Development Manager

2. Star management approach.

3. Need training / development to top level executives.

4. Change of organisation approach.

Apart from internal failure, there are several influence from externals such as home Office, political leaders, intelligence and LOCOG.

Apart from these authorities, thousands were part timers and opportunists (get training only).

I know this time is just a time of crash management but think about delivering job with quality. Don't just meet quantity. Involve all duty managers and team leaders to manage properly. They can support from local level.

Don't just be jocker as we are a part of you.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Quick question about the ESS again. Does anyone have their SIA badge details entered in under 'profession data' as mine is not there? Probably nothing to worry about but just making sure.
In the middle of my shift right now and managed to get two emails with shift changes. After explaining numerous times how I can only do 4 days a week, this is the 4th time they changed it. Now they changed the shift times to 5.45am instead of 6.45am which means I have no transport. I have also been put in all PSA roles that I have told them on two occasions I'm not trained for.

The problem gets solved every time I call them until the next day where they change it again... do I have to do this everyday for the next few weeks?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9300
Reply 3119
Had a brilliant day. Collected my accred, oyster card, uniform and my time in/time out card.

Ready to be deployed now. Just cant seem to register with the ESS as it seems to be down :frown:

did you get an email to pick up , or just went cause you have passed screening, im thinking to just go. can you also tell me the london addresses to pick up accred, nd uniform.

thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending