The Student Room Group

YAY! UCAS now EMAIL YOU to CONFIRM your OFFER!!!

So, I like many other students planned on checking track before going to collect my results in a bid to find out if I'm in my firm choice before I see them. But they are now emailing you as soon as they get a decision from your choices!!!! :biggrin:

Here is what UCAS sent me (just in case you haven't seen it yet)

"Here at UCAS we have been busy making sure your Confirmation and Clearing experience is as smooth as possible. By now you should have received a number of communications containing important information about your next steps with UCAS.

This email explains changes to our email policy this year.

Changes to UCAS email policy
To ensure you remain informed about the status of your application, we have changed our email policy. We had said that we would not send you emails with information about the decisions made by institutions, but we do now plan to send emails to applicants about the status of their offers. This will ensure that you get information much more quickly.

The subject line of this email will be ‘Update about your UCAS application’.

We will send you an email if:

you have been accepted by either your firm or insurance choice
you are eligible for Clearing because you have not been successful in meeting the conditions of your firm and/or insurance choices.

When will the email be sent?
These emails will be sent at regular times throughout the day from Tuesday 7 August (for Scotland only) to Friday 31 August. Track will be updated as soon as we have received decisions from your chosen universities and colleges.

Your university or college may also contact you directly to let you know its decision.

What if I don’t receive an email?
Don’t worry, not all applicants will receive an email. We will not send you an email if:

your chosen university or college has not yet made a decision regarding your application, or if they are making you an offer based on a different course or a different start date. This means that you may not receive an email at the same time as your friends.
your place has already been confirmed.

You should check your spam filters to ensure our emails are not recorded as spam.

All applicants who have attained a place as a result of meeting their offer conditions, or by obtaining a place in Clearing, are also sent a Confirmation letter. This contains decision information, together with details about anything else the university or college may need you to do. This letter will take a few days to reach you."

I'm so glad they have done this, as I was worried that wouldn't be able to log onto track with the amount of people trying to get on it!
It's such a great idea UCAS so, THANK YOU!!!!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
This is AWESOME! I was slightly worried about the capabilities of UCAS' servers in regards to taking so much traffic.
Reply 2
I'm so happy about this, it's gonna make life so much easier (and mean I get scary news even sooner)
Reply 3
Original post by gridlock
This is AWESOME! I was slightly worried about the capabilities of UCAS' servers in regards to taking so much traffic.

Last year it took about half an hour to log on, which during Clearing was obviously a total nightmare. This is if you could load the page initially!
So we can effectively know if we get into uni a few days before we get our results?

E.g. I could know on the 13th not the 16th?
Reply 5
Original post by Agenda Suicide
So we can effectively know if we get into uni a few days before we get our results?

E.g. I could know on the 13th not the 16th?

I'm guessing it'll be around the same time as Track updates; Track doesn't update saying whether you're in or not until results day.
I'm guessing it'll be around the same time as Track updates; Track doesn't update saying whether you're in or not until results day.

Oh sorry I misread, I thought it meant that you get an email when the university gives you a place (because they decide a few days before results day).

In that case, it's still a good idea.
Reply 7
Having done the whole UCAS thing last year and having a nightmare with the whole system, I'm really glad they're actually taking steps to quell everybody's justified anxieties.
Reply 8
we wont find out until the 16th - the email was poorly written and definitely inferred we may find out before results day however i just checked the ucas twitter feed and it says we wont get the email until the 16th
Reply 9

Basically check around 6am-7:30am, anytime after and you'll be waiting for a day due to people ****ting bricks about being in clearing and you'll be waiting for ages to get on as it'll crash like it's done for the past couple of years.
Reply 10
So will the email actually say, congratulation you got into your firm, or you are now in clearing?
Or will it just say there has been a change in your application???
Reply 11
Original post by AJCSShp
So will the email actually say, congratulation you got into your firm, or you are now in clearing?
Or will it just say there has been a change in your application???

Well, the email said
'We had said that we would not send you emails with information about the decisions made by institutions, but we do now plan to send emails to applicants about the status of their offers.'
So, i would assume that i will actually tell you if the offer has been confirmed :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by mizzmegg
Well, the email said
'We had said that we would not send you emails with information about the decisions made by institutions, but we do now plan to send emails to applicants about the status of their offers.'
So, i would assume that i will actually tell you if the offer has been confirmed :smile:

I thought so! Just wanted to confirm it! :biggrin:

I don't know whether this is a good or bad thing! :s-smilie:
Reply 13
Original post by AJCSShp
I thought so! Just wanted to confirm it! :biggrin:

I don't know whether this is a good or bad thing! :s-smilie:

I defiantly think its a good thing!! Especially for those that want to see if they have been confirmed by their insurance before collecting their results. It will make it so much easier since you don't need to log onto track, that's saying you even get to that stage it will have probably crashed by then! :mad:
And for those that want to get their results first, it wont make a difference anyway really. UCAS have notified us what the email will be called, so if you don't want to know you can simply avoid it till after you have collected your results.

I think it just gives people more options, especially because i have heard some people wont be able to collect their results till after 10! If i were then i think i would go crazy with worry :L And if you don't get in, it means you know when you go into 6 form to get your results, you will be prepared, and could start thinking about clearing early!

I just hope i get my email at 8am, i will be checking first thing in the morning :L :biggrin:
Reply 14
Would they send it to us on the 16th do you think?

This sends butterflies down my tummy!!!
Reply 15
Last year I took the initiative and logged on before the specified time. Meant I managed to get online before the mad rush and the servers crashed!

E-mail is definitely a good idea, will make things so much more efficient :smile:
Reply 16
u cant blame ucas for their page crashing, they need a server infrastructure that handles like 100x their usual load for one day, there is no point in such an investment
Reply 17
Original post by asparkyn
Would they send it to us on the 16th do you think?

This sends butterflies down my tummy!!!

Yes, if you are waiting for A-Levels then i think that's when you will get it... they are sending out the emails from 8 am (i think) :biggrin:
Reply 18
Original post by mizzmegg
I defiantly think its a good thing!! Especially for those that want to see if they have been confirmed by their insurance before collecting their results. It will make it so much easier since you don't need to log onto track, that's saying you even get to that stage it will have probably crashed by then! :mad:
And for those that want to get their results first, it wont make a difference anyway really. UCAS have notified us what the email will be called, so if you don't want to know you can simply avoid it till after you have collected your results.

I think it just gives people more options, especially because i have heard some people wont be able to collect their results till after 10! If i were then i think i would go crazy with worry :L And if you don't get in, it means you know when you go into 6 form to get your results, you will be prepared, and could start thinking about clearing early!

I just hope i get my email at 8am, i will be checking first thing in the morning :L :biggrin:

I suppose so! :biggrin:

Which uni are you hoping to get into? :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by AJCSShp
I suppose so! :biggrin:

Which uni are you hoping to get into? :smile:

The university of Derby to study Primary Education :biggrin:
How about you? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending