The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Queen Mary 2012 Applicant's Thread

Scroll to see replies

Since all accommodation for queen mary has finishrd could you still apply for intercollegiate Halls throufh another college under the university of lndon if eaxh has a cap of how many students can apply to each one? And if not could you negotiate with another college if you could live in one of their halls
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Original post by fxyz
LOOOL!! I'm proud to be part of several teams at once! :biggrin:
Team QM, Team Commute, Team Newham, Team Psych :biggrin:

Team Commute :biggrin: why are so many more locals coming to QM this year? Last year there were barely any.
Reply 1282
Original post by ChloeElizabeth
Team Commute :biggrin: why are so many more locals coming to QM this year? Last year there were barely any.

Yes there was, there were loads of us, though train journey was still lonely :frown:
Original post by Iqbal007
Yes there was, there were loads of us, though train journey was still lonely :frown:

I totally missed them then. But then I wasn't very social last year due to all the stuff around my interruption I guess. Big comeback 2012 :-)
Reply 1284
Original post by ChloeElizabeth
I totally missed them then. But then I wasn't very social last year due to all the stuff around my interruption I guess. Big comeback 2012 :-)

well i was in engineering, not exactly social :s-smilie: plus loads of internationals.
Its hard trying to get someone to go home your way, a lot of effort
Reply 1285
I do computer engineering, but got friends on maths, physics, geography, Economics, etc

Hey there

I was wondering what you think of your course at QM?

I did BEng computer engineering for one semester and dropped out in the second semester.

I found the course quite hard as I didn't do A level or AS level physics and struggled with the module introduction to electronic systems. Did you do A level or AS physics and did that module? QM have revamped the course since I studied there, they changed the course to Electronic engineering and computing.

When I studied there, they were courses such as e-commerce engineering, internet computing, telecommunication engineering, now they removed those and added new courses.

:smile:
Original post by SecretDuck
Economics. You?

Biological science

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1287
Original post by GuyUK
Hey there

I was wondering what you think of your course at QM?

I did BEng computer engineering for one semester and dropped out in the second semester.

I found the course quite hard as I didn't do A level or AS level physics and struggled with the module introduction to electronic systems. Did you do A level or AS physics and did that module? QM have revamped the course since I studied there, they changed the course to Electronic engineering and computing.

When I studied there, they were courses such as e-commerce engineering, internet computing, telecommunication engineering, now they removed those and added new courses.

:smile:

I actually do that course.

To be honest neither did I.

To be honest I found the teachers especially on the electronics side a bit bad, support was low, books used in ELE102 and ELE202 were very confusing and unhelpful. The other modules were perfectly fine and were easy in my view generally.

But they changed those modules again this year, to make it much simpler to understand and much easier to learn compared to our year.

Webtech, procedural, professional app, eng maths II were the easiest to be fair, good amount of support.
Telecomms was easy but was a memory test to be honest.
OOP was appaling due to the teacher, who is I think under Academic review, though you can do it if you practice a bit.
All the electronics, labs were fine and easy, when it came to the exam and studying for it , complete mayhem.
Reply 1288
I'm surprised there wasn't many locals last year since thats whats been said - everyone in this area was dying to go QM cos of its locality!!
Reply 1289
I actually do that course.

To be honest neither did I.

To be honest I found the teachers especially on the electronics side a bit bad, support was low, books used in ELE102 and ELE202 were very confusing and unhelpful. The other modules were perfectly fine and were easy in my view generally.

But they changed those modules again this year, to make it much simpler to understand and much easier to learn compared to our year.

Webtech, procedural, professional app, eng maths II were the easiest to be fair, good amount of support.
Telecomms was easy but was a memory test to be honest.
OOP was appaling due to the teacher, who is I think under Academic review, though you can do it if you practice a bit.
All the electronics, labs were fine and easy, when it came to the exam and studying for it , complete mayhem.

When I was there, I did C programming, engineering maths 11, introduction to electronic system and telecommunication and internet fundamentals in the 1st semester. For the 2nd semester, I did digital circuit design, java programming, internet programming and professional application (50% was public speaking/report writing and 50% was an extenstion of C.

I found engineering maths 11 the easiest module in the 1st semester, did barely any work and average a 2:2 in coursework and 2:1 in the mini tests.

The coursework for telecommunication and internet fundamentals was quite easy as well, but I think it's only work 5% or something.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1290
Original post by GuyUK
When I was there, I did C programming, engineering math 11, introduction to electronic system and telecommunication and internet fundamentals in the 1st semester. For the 2nd semester, I did digital circuit design, java programming, internet programming and professional application (50% was public speaking/report writing and 50% was an extenstion of C.

I found engineering math 11 the easiest module in the 1st semester, did barely any work and average a 2:2 in coursework and 2:1 in the mini test.

The coursework for telecommunication and internet fundamentals was quite easy as well, but I think it's only work 5% or something.

telecoms has changed, but we never had coursework, 2 in class exams.

Nor is there C programming for comp eng students, you do java with comp sci.

do you want to come back?
Reply 1291
Original post by fxyz
I'm surprised there wasn't many locals last year since thats whats been said - everyone in this area was dying to go QM cos of its locality!!

which area? as in mile end?
Reply 1292
telecoms has changed, but we never had coursework, 2 in class exams.

Nor is there C programming for comp eng students, you do java with comp sci.

do you want to come back?

I had the choice to go back and do the 1st year again, but choose not to and went to another University.

I actually think the course is quite decent, not sure if it is better then the straight CS course at QM. One downside to the course when I studied there, was that they didn't offer a placement.
Reply 1293
Original post by GuyUK
I had the choice to go back and do the 1st year again, but choose not to. I went to another University.

I actually think the course is quite decent, not sure if it is better then the straight CS course at QM. One downside to the course when I studied there, was that they didn't offer a placement.

oh ok.....i honestly think if they fixed up the 2 electronic modules it'll be a good course.
cs now does a placement year and eee i believe new introduction, however not CE. Though you could ask to take a year out for one.
Reply 1294
which area? as in mile end?

Mile End, Newham, a lot of Ilford - maybe this was just in my sixth form though!
Reply 1295
Original post by fxyz
Mile End, Newham, a lot of Ilford - maybe this was just in my sixth form though!

well to be fair its harder for them to get in, the schools in the area dont generally excel, only a few certainly do
(edited 11 years ago)
well i was in engineering, not exactly social :s-smilie: plus loads of internationals.
Its hard trying to get someone to go home your way, a lot of effort

Gonna scare me there in a minute :p:
I've applied for English BA Hons through clearing and I'm looking into accommodation. Are there any other English applicants or anyone who can suggest halls?
well to be fair its harder for them to get in, wouldn't the schools in the area excel, only a few certainly do

:frown: this makes me sad
Reply 1299
Original post by dclarke35
I've applied for English BA Hons through clearing and I'm looking into accommodation. Are there any other English applicants or anyone who can suggest halls?

i'm doing english so hey there! good luck with clearing, but i live at home so unfortunately can't offer any advice on halls :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending