The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Degree Result

Hi, was wondering if anyone could tell me what this means. I finished my BSc in August due to illness, having half my exams delayed and taking them as delayed first sits. I got my module results for my final exams last week, but not my final grade. Today I got an email saying I have been awarded:
Degree of Bachelor of Science (I)
Does the (I) stand for anything? I am slightly concerned because it doesn't mention honours and there seems to be no grade, unless (I) represents a grade. I'm concerned this means I have been awarded an ordinary/pass degree.
My averages for 2nd and 3rd year are both low 70s, so under normal circumstance would expect my grade to be a first. However I'm worried some decision has been made due to my extenuating cirmumstances or maybe an error and they have neglected the exams I took in August or something.
I'm just confused by the email and don't know what it means. If anyone happens to know, would be grateful.
Reply 1
Looks like a first to me, written in roman numerals. Well done!
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 2
Thanks for the reply.
Am hoping it means that, but a little worried, thought they would make it more clear if it did.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending