The Student Room Group

Do you 'pull' every night your out?

As title. If you go out with the intention of pulling do you? Been a while since i've failed.

whats the most number of girls/ guys in one night?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If I have the intention of pulling, then yes. But I can have a really good night out without the need to pull.
Nah. I'm happy with spending my time partying with my friends instead of looking for guys to 'pull'.
Reply 3
This thread shouldn't apply to girls. Everyone knows the answer.
Nope. I never go out on the pull, it just happens.
Reply 5
I probably pull on about 1 in every 3 nights out as a rough guess. (More at Uni, less at home)

I never plan on pulling and probably wouldn't have much luck 'cos I'm crap at the whole chatting up thing. :awesome:
Yes, if I go out with the intention to pull someone. Sometimes when I've told myself I want a 'break' from pulling and want to just have a good time with mates sometimes I can't help go against my word haha. But I have standards of course, id rather not pull on a night out than pull someone that I don't find attractive. Sounds a bit bad of me :/

Edit: most people I've pulled on a night our was 2. But that's out of character as in more classy than that and stick to just one :wink: haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by MancBoy
This thread shouldn't apply to girls. Everyone knows the answer.

HAHHAHAHAHA!!! Love that!

Original post by Dorito
I probably pull on about 1 in every 3 nights out as a rough guess. (More at Uni, less at home)

I never plan on pulling and probably wouldn't have much luck 'cos I'm crap at the whole chatting up thing. :awesome:

Join the club. I'm a 1 in 3 as well. Don't go out at home though. The annoying thing about pulling is that most of the time they just go all out for half an hour and you never get to take them home...

The only time I had a great chance was when I was in sheffield, but I didn't live in sheffield so it was such a ****ing pisstake. My luck is crap. I think pulling inside a club is easier than outside. I guess you can get girls from the smoking area as well.

I've pulled 2 on a night out.
(edited 11 years ago)
You'll find 95% of girls saying yes and a much lower level of guys saying yes. It's pretty obvious as if girls want to go to a bar and just pull, it's ridiculously easy.
Reply 9
Not really, i go out twice a week and maybe pull once a term?
Reply 10
If I go out with the intention of pulling, I can do... As long as I made an effort with my appearance and I'm out with the right people.
Reply 11
Original post by Michaelj
If I go out with the intention of pulling, I can do... As long as I made an effort with my appearance and I'm out with the right people.

What constitutes the right people?
Like what kind of guys do you consider as the right people? My pulling usually consists of me walking, seeing a girl giving me the eye and going in.
Reply 12
Original post by jam277
What constitutes the right people?
Like what kind of guys do you consider as the right people? My pulling usually consists of me walking, seeing a girl giving me the eye and going in.

I got a friend whose a social hand grenade when he's drunk and he's not that good looking either so women avoid us because of him.I also got friends who go out their way to cock block each other... But otherwise my method is similar to yours, chat to them and look at body language/eye contact and if they are interested, you'll know.
Reply 13
I got a friend whose a social hand grenade when he's drunk and he's not that good looking either so women avoid us because of him.I also got friends who go out their way to cock block each other... But otherwise my method is similar to yours, chat to them and look at body language/eye contact and if they are interested, you'll know.

I tend to be best at pulling when I'm off for a drink/wee. But my mates aren't hand grenades, just better on my own doing it, plus failing in front of your friends is embarrassing. It's annoying going through a circle of girls, looks like year 6 disco with the girls and boys with each other and feels like theres a bunch of female cockblockers there. So do you pull in front of your freinds or what?

I don't have social cockblockers though. Mates are generally cool, might ditch one or two if they're cb'ing though. I'm not a regular though. A lot of the time it just happens. Tbh, I don't really care about pulling anymore, because most of the time they **** off to their friends after half an hour. Taking them home is the hard part. Pulling comes a lot. Law of averages are that if you're not ugly, a girl will like you in the club. Annoying thing(I've pulled 15 girls the past year) but I haven't taken them home/gone theirs so it's frustrating.
Reply 14
Original post by jam277
I tend to be best at pulling when I'm off for a drink/wee. But my mates aren't hand grenades, just better on my own doing it, plus failing in front of your friends is embarrassing. It's annoying going through a circle of girls, looks like year 6 disco with the girls and boys with each other and feels like theres a bunch of female cockblockers there. So do you pull in front of your freinds or what?

I don't have social cockblockers though. Mates are generally cool, might ditch one or two if they're cb'ing though. I'm not a regular though. A lot of the time it just happens. Tbh, I don't really care about pulling anymore, because most of the time they **** off to their friends after half an hour. Taking them home is the hard part. Pulling comes a lot. Law of averages are that if you're not ugly, a girl will like you in the club. Annoying thing(I've pulled 15 girls the past year) but I haven't taken them home/gone theirs so it's frustrating.

I think looks help but if you are generally confident and outgoing then they will be interested... I do pull infront of friends yes. Last night one of my decent friends said he was jealous because I get more attention than him. (which surprised me because he's not a bad looking guy to be fair). My female friends aren't too bad, it's usually my male mates who cock block me. Well, I'm not really "trying" to pull either. :tongue:
A couple of times but not when I'm on the lookout to pull. I have this gay male friend who always sexy dances with me at inappropriate moments so makes it difficult...
Reply 16
Is pulling really this common? I've never done it when out drinking, but then again I've only been clubbing twice. I must be really naive :lol:
Reply 17
I pull maybe 1 out of 300 nights out. Never really tried to be honest.
I think looks help but if you are generally confident and outgoing then they will be interested... I do pull infront of friends yes. Last night one of my decent friends said he was jealous because I get more attention than him. (which surprised me because he's not a bad looking guy to be fair). My female friends aren't too bad, it's usually my male mates who cock block me. Well, I'm not really "trying" to pull either. :tongue:

The type of guys who pull me in clubs would probably never be interested in me sober if I'm being honest. Do you think that's pretty common? :p:

And yeah my gay best friend got jealous of me a couple of times. I have no idea why because I don't see it as an amazing feat since a lot of guys will pull anything. He says to me "Lucia, it's not fair. You pull more guys than me".

That being said, I don't really go out with the intention of pulling. I'd feel pretty uncomfortable with that plus people would think I looked desperate.
Reply 19
Original post by Anonymous
The type of guys who pull me in clubs would probably never be interested in me sober if I'm being honest. Do you think that's pretty common? :p:

And yeah my gay best friend got jealous of me a couple of times. I have no idea why because I don't see it as an amazing feat since a lot of guys will pull anything. He says to me "Lucia, it's not fair. You pull more guys than me".

That being said, I don't really go out with the intention of pulling. I'd feel pretty uncomfortable with that plus people would think I looked desperate.

haha oh damn. The anon. button keeps switching on. Boo! :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending