The Student Room Group

Are women lying when they say they dont care how handsome or fit a guy is

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Don't fool yourself thinking that girls like "badboys" you always here so much about - it's not their bad behaviour which makes them attractive. It's not. If the guy is rude and gorgeous looking, they're still gorgeous. If they're rude and average looking, they're just plain rude.
Original post by Magic96
Don't fool yourself thinking that girls like "badboys" you always here so much about - it's not their bad behaviour which makes them attractive. It's not. If the guy is rude and gorgeous looking, they're still gorgeous. If they're rude and average looking, they're just plain rude.

Okay, here are the facts:

Kate Moss + Pete Doherty
Beyonce + Jay Z
Kim Kardashian + Kanye West
Heidi Klum - Seal
Catherine Zeta Jones + Michael Douglas
Adriana Lima + Marco Jaric
J.Lo + Marc Antony
etc.

While some of the guys may not be ugly per se, they are not in the same league looks wise as their female partners/exes.

Now I wonder how many good-looking male celebrities you will find with average or unattractive women? Or even how many ugly men you find with attractive women? Compared to ugly women with attractive men.
Reply 22
I was speaking generally. There are over 7 billion people in the world and not all of them happen to be filthy rich or A-list celebs.:rolleyes:

Money attracts gold-diggers more than anything else who use you for security. You can work day and night whilst she is probably out using your credit cards to pay for a good time had at a 5 star hotel with some pretty boy.

If you're going to make this money oriented then you may as well add folk who go to prostitutes to the list too, if you consider that to be "physical attraction".

As for celebs, they use each other as stepping stones to boost their careers. It happens all the time. Doesn't work that way in the "real world" though. You're comparing apples and oranges.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 23
I've seen some ugly ************* with incredibly attractive girls. These girls were solid 9s and the guys with them...well they belonged in a cage to be honest. Girls are designed differently I suppose. I really don't understand why confidence is so attractive to them. How do they interpret confidence exactly? Do they automatically assume that if a guy is shy/quiet that he's weak? I mean, a guy can be determined, driven and assertive but he doesn't need to walk around like he's the ****.

Regarding the bad boys, I've actually realised that Bad boys are rarely ever "good looking" or indeed better looking than normal dudes.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 24
Original post by Nomes89
There are countless on this forum though, and it's always the same ones. They completely resent women because they haven't had much/any success with them or they haven't been able to attain the good-looking ones they want while accusing those women of being shallow, all the while not even acknowledging existence of the female population that are intelligent, humorous and caring because they are unattractive.

This is untrue. I know a lot of girls that one would consider unattractive with amazing personalities and even they hold out for the good looking guys. Douchbag or not. Just look in your office/uni/college/school, who are all the girls talking about? Its always going to be the good looking lad and no other guy.

And since when did I say men aren't like this too? Society as a whole is shallow and that's the cold hard truth.

Why are people in such denial about this? The people who doubt the shallow-ness of today's society are those who have no problem attracting members of the opposite sex and are oblivious to those who are unfairly dismissed due to their looks.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 25
this pretty much goes for both genders. Honestly if you nothing about a person what do you judge them on? can you know someones personality by looking at them ? Looks are always the initial attraction personality comes after
They is talking bulll****ttttt! I like mens faces more than their personalities. I'm also horribly drunk and on TSR so you probably shouldn't tale my opinion seriously.
Everyone likes aesthetics. End of.
Original post by MancBoy
There is an element of truth in what OP is a saying.

For girls looks are so important in this day and age no matter what they say. Girls say they aren't shallow as a front but deep inside they crave for the good looking guy. I've seen girls go psycho over good looking guys they barely even know, it's so pathetic.

I know a girls who bang on about what qualities they like in a man and then in comes a good looking guy and all those desired qualities goes straight out the window :rolleyes:

I know genuinely nice, caring, top guys who don't even get a look in from girls because they are not attractive enough. And I know guys who are stupid and have little to no personality who all the girls talk about and get wet over.

Even the seemingly nice, polite girls quiver at the knees over the good looking douchbags, which has made me start to lose faith in girls and humanity altogether.

Nah, not really. I've met plenty of guys that fit that description and they've really done nothing for me. I've found they tend to be the single ones, whilst the more confident nice guys are in demand.

Original post by 2ndClass
I've seen some fugly muthatruckers with incredibly attractive girls. These girls were solid 9s and the guys with them...well they belonged in a cage to be honest. Girls are designed differently I suppose. I really don't understand why confidence is so attractive to them. How do they interpret confidence exactly? Do they automatically assume that if a guy is shy/quiet that he's weak? I mean, a guy can be determined, driven and assertive but he doesn't need to walk around like he's the sh!t.

Regarding the bad boys, I've actually realised that Bad boys are rarely ever "good looking" or indeed better looking than normal dudes.

I love shy guys! Confidence isn't that attractive to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think I am physically advantaged when I compare to other guys: I'm quite tall but not too tall (just enough to be taller than 90% of guys) and I'm an amateur-competitive weightlifter so I've got quite a muscular physique. I suppose my face is kind of average.

However those things in and of themselves don't help much as at 23 years of age, I still haven't so much as kissed a girl. It doesn't matter if you check the visual boxes, you have to have communication skills as well when it comes to interacting with girls and since I lack those, I haven't had much luck. Plus if you never go out (as is the case for me) then no girls will ever even know you exist so you won't be able to "take advantage" of any looks advantage you may have. I really need to go out more......
Reply 30
Original post by Sheldor
Nah, not really. I've met plenty of guys that fit that description and they've really done nothing for me. I've found they tend to be the single ones, whilst the more confident nice guys are in demand.

I love shy guys! Confidence isn't that attractive to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:confused:
Original post by MancBoy
This is untrue. I know a lot of girls that one would consider unattractive with amazing personalities and even they hold out for the good looking guys. Douchbag or not. Just look in your office/uni/college/school, who are all the girls talking about? Its always going to be the good looking lad and no other guy.

And since when did I say men aren't like this too? Society as a whole is shallow and that's the cold hard truth.

Why are people in such denial about this? The people who doubt the shallow-ness of today's society are those who have no problem attracting members of the opposite sex and are oblivious to those who are unfairly dismissed due to their looks

So much truth in this post. The people who underestimate the importance of looks are those who look incredibly attractive, so it's never posed a problem for them.
Original post by 2ndClass
:confused:

It isn't attractive to me, but it is to others.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
"Whoa check out the personality on that guy !"

Said no one ever.
Of course looks and physical attraction are important, if your personalities work well together but there's no chemistry then you can only ever be friends. On the flip side, chemistry but your personalities completely clash just makes you f*** buddies really. And of course women check out other guys. It's hilarious in my house, my mum fancies a certain actor and every time we watch a film with him in my dad just glances up from his newspaper and goes "He's gay" and goes back to reading while my mum laughs at him. Before people get on at me about equal rights, my mum teases my dad about people on tv he finds attractive. If you only ever found one person attractive that wouldn't be very good for the reproduction of the human race, just because you like someone/they like you, doesn't make the feeling mutual, sadly.
I asked my blind friend... She didn't seem bothered by guys looks at all.
Reply 36
Probably, cos I care.
Let me break it down for you:

Everyone is interested in a combination of looks and character for a long term relationship. Different people appreciate different things in these categories, but it is fundamentally always a combination of the two. Therefore yes, they are lying (though they may care only a little about looks).
Reply 38
Often you might not fancy someone initially, but then you start hanging out with them, get on really well, like their personality, etc. and then you see yourself starting to fancy them.

There are also some girls who don't go for the conventionally attractive guys. I know plenty of girls that go for the 'uglier' guys.
Original post by MancBoy

Why are people in such denial about this? The people who doubt the shallow-ness of today's society are those who have no problem attracting members of the opposite sex and are oblivious to those who are unfairly dismissed due to their looks.

Why is that unfair? If that were unfair, wouldn't any reason to be dismissed be unfair?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending