The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Anonymous
when you first shave down there. Is it normal to feel a bit itchy there and irritable?because if its not i'm worried.

Yes that sounds normal. When it starts to grow back will be when it feels worst. The more you do it, the easier it gets though, of course.
Reply 2
yeah.. ludivine said it all
Reply 3
Yes, that's normal. A right pain in the front bottom, but it'll eventually stop the more you shave.
Don't shave - wax or use removal cream. Will lessen/eliminate the irritation.
Reply 5
hallucination
Don't shave - wax or use removal cream. Will lessen/eliminate the irritation.

Isn't it a bit dangerous to use removal cream down there? Ouch. I wouldn't do it. Waxing is a good idea though, only really if you can get a professional to do it bc otherwise some parts are just too hard to reach.
Reply 6
I think you have to get cream that's specifically for that area.

Irritation would be minimised with a shaving cream as well though.
Reply 7
Ludivine
Isn't it a bit dangerous to use removal cream down there? Ouch. I wouldn't do it. Waxing is a good idea though, only really if you can get a professional to do it bc otherwise some parts are just too hard to reach.

I use Nair Sensitive, and it's absolutely fine. Sometimes slightly sore in the crease of my leg, admittedly, but that usually clears within 24 hours.

I could just about cope with a doctor looking at my muff, but I don't want someone in a salon scrutinising me, thank you!
Reply 8
girl afraid
I use Nair Sensitive, and it's absolutely fine. Sometimes slightly sore in the crease of my leg, admittedly, but that usually clears within 24 hours.

I could just about cope with a doctor looking at my muff, but I don't want someone in a salon scrutinising me, thank you!

But doesn't it depend how much of the region you're trying to clear of hair? I mean that would be alright for bikini line but anything more and I don't think I could do it.
Reply 9
Ludivine
But doesn't it depend how much of the region you're trying to clear of hair? I mean that would be alright for bikini line but anything more and I don't think I could do it.

I took the lot off, with no problems. :smile:
Yes, perfectly normal. The act of shaving irritates the skin. If you want to make a habit of going bare, try a professional wax. Hurts like hell but no irritation and it stays smooth for weeks! The more you wax, the weaker and fewer the hairs.
And honestly, the people in the salon are both used to it and paid to do it. I wouldnt worry about being embarassed.
Reply 11
i want to get rid of all mine but not sure the best way. I had a brazillian wax at a salon once but i cudnt b botheresd with letting it grow back just to hav it waxed again, i want it smooth all the time, i was thinkin removal creams but they cud b a bit faffy, but is shaving really itchy wen it comes back?? Which is the best way to maintain a smooth muff?
Reply 12
You do get used to shaving. I have been doing it for so long that it really doesn't irritate me any more, and I do have quite sensitive skin. Have never tried waxing. I will when I pluck up the courage!
Reply 13
ciara
You do get used to shaving. I have been doing it for so long that it really doesn't irritate me any more, and I do have quite sensitive skin. Have never tried waxing. I will when I pluck up the courage!

what kind of razors do you use? for my legs i just use disposables suitablefor women but i get thru quite a few, are lady shavers with replacable blades best? Iv never used them
I wouldnt wax down there, atleast not with veet! I used it on my legs b4 and it was so irritating and killed and made me come out in red patches. Shavings just easy and painless lol
Reply 15
louise28k
what kind of razors do you use? for my legs i just use disposables suitablefor women but i get thru quite a few, are lady shavers with replacable blades best? Iv never used them

I just use whatever good razor I have, disposables are alright but normal razors have those strips on that are meant to moisturise or something!
I use a electric shave just to trim down really don't wanna massive bush. lol
At the moment i just use an electrive shave, but if i was to do it with a razor and shaving cream, would it be completely smooth and hairless, like legs? How often do you need to shave if you do it by razor? x
In my experience it grows back within a day or two... and I cant shave it while it is growing back as it is too short and gets even more irritated. I have been doing it for two years or more and I still get really irritated. I have been thinking about getting a lady-shaver, the ones with the gold-leaf 'blades'. They are upwards of £40 though!
Reply 19
Ludivine

Depends on your skin type and the brand I guess. But using that cream resulted in my poor mum spending the night in A + E sat in a bowl of cold water, with blisters all over her "Jemima"!!

Latest

Trending

Trending