Reply 5240
Just need some opinions guys on which team/desk to select:

M&A Advisory or Debt & Capital Advisory

Thanks
Original post by Garib

Thanks

Personally M&A. but also depends on the firm and rankings etc..
Just got my RBS rejection post AC, saw it coming a mile off after the *******ing we all got in our individuals meetings.

Good luck to anyone still waiting, you were a sound bunch on Wednesday!
Reply 5243
Has anyone heard back from Citi Private Banking post test?
Original post by SWIP
Has anyone heard back from Citi Private Banking post test?

I'm still waiting...
Original post by Garib

Thanks

Which bank? I'd go with M&A regardless tho.
Reply 5246
Original post by chicheto93

This is at a Big4, is there much difference in the work I'd be doing at intern level?

this haha
except for RBS (but they don't have M&A anymore right?)
Original post by Garib
This is at a Big4, is there much difference in the work I'd be doing at intern level?

Not really in my opinion.
Reply 5249
Not really in my opinion.

I meant between M&A and Debt & Capital Advisory..
Reply 5250
Original post by Paranoidfreak
Anyone heard from Aberdeen? They said they would get back before tomorrow....

rejection today, perfectly on time :cool::cool:
Original post by Garib
I meant between M&A and Debt & Capital Advisory..

I know. There won't be much difference as in you won't be 'specialized' in 10 weeks (or is it 6 weeks in the big 4).
Original post by sertur91

What time did you hear?
Reply 5253
I had an AC for DCM & Corp Banking. It was pretty standard. It kicks off with a numerical test which was alright, just make sure you don't spend too much time on any question. (we were 16 people and only a few finished the whole test)

Then you have a group exercise which is standard. (I was rejected for lack of critical thinking and leadership in the group exercise so make sure you get those right. I felt like I was very much in control of the group exercise but guess it wasn't enough. Don't dominate tho)

Then 2 x competency based interviews (they asked questions such as tell me about a time, 4x of those in the first interview including the ethical situation one). The second interview was with a more senior person. It was better, more like a conversation. Where do you see yourself in 5 years, why BAML, why Uni, why London etc.

Then there was the presentation. You get 30-40min to prepare. I think it was so company that has to chose what to do and you have 3-4 options. Acquire another company, sell a subsidiary or whatever. They tell you that you have 15min to present but when you walk in to actually do it they tell you that you only have 5min so they see how you act under pressure. Before you get your 5 min there is somewhat of a role play. The interviewer pretends he is a random client calling to discuss recent events and possible investments so I would say it is market related as well. Then you get your 5 min. They throw a brainteaser or two from time to time.

That covers it all. Good luck!

Thanks a lot for the info. Do you recall what the group discussion topic was abt?
Reply 5254
Original post by paranoidfreak
what time did you hear?

14.48 CET xD
Reply 5255

Still waiting...Anyone else heard back either way?
Reply 5256
14.48 CET xD

Is this post interview?

Still no news post interview from my side
Original post by box123
Thanks a lot for the info. Do you recall what the group discussion topic was abt?

Yeah you are a committee or something of a company and have to decide where to expand. You have 3 options in 3 different fictitious countries. You have stuff like gdp growth, political situation, population etc.
Hi hugco

could you give some more information to the second interview? some tricky quests or brainteaser? you said you've covered everything, so was it very technical? I applied for security divisions. some info would be really appreciated. thanks!
Original post by hugco94
I just completed both Dartmouth Partners interviews and the numerical test. The first phone interview is ridiculous, like less than 10 minutes long, CV-based.

The second interview on the other hand is quite intense, mine was 1h15 long, we covered pretty much everything!

The numerical test is only 10 min-10 questions, quite basic though you need to work fast without a calculator.

Dartmouth Partners from what I know interviews for Evercore, Canaccord and Terra Firma, though there probably are many others.
Macquarie rejection too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending