The Student Room Group

Geography/Environmental Science 2015 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by TonieMeow
I can't wait! It looks such a beautiful place :biggrin: but my predicted grades are Bs :/ So I'm not sure if I even have a chance of getting an offer!! What about you??

I know! So excited, um a*a*a but I'm pretty sure my teachers are way too optimistic

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TonieMeow
After I've finished my a2 levels, I'm going on a 6 week volunteering project to the Costa Rican Rainforest where I will complete it :biggrin: mega excited!!

Wow that is exciting!!!

Okay for anyone thats interested, here a little report of exeter streatham campus.

Firstly its a really hilly campus and spread over a really large area. Its was a really busy day and quiet chaotic. Despite this everyone was really friednly when we asked for direction (which was often!). I didnt make it to the talk as we were late but my friends tell me that there 46 geography leactures and looks of fieldtrips, but basically from what ive heard it was basically just what in the prospectus and on the website. The libary was very modern and a bit odd, seem slightly cramped and computer seem to be a major factor. Many of the communal areas on campus seemed very modern but there was a range of ages in terms of other building and accommodation. In terms of accomodation there a huge mixture with the ensuite rooms being large and airy inall the buildings we looked in. The cheapest hall is brick halls and seems a bit like cell block H, despite this the rooms werent much smaller and had the same furniture as the move expensive rooms. The cheaper rooms have sinks in them and 3 toliets and 3 showers for 12 people, that also share a kitchen. Hope this helps if there anything you what to know ill try to answer.
Original post by ummm...
I know! So excited, um a*a*a but I'm pretty sure my teachers are way too optimistic

Posted from TSR Mobile

well done that amazing!! Can a ask what gcse you got to be predicted that and what unis your looking at? Ignore me if it too personal :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by social outcast
well done that amazing!! Can a ask what gcse you got to be predicted that and what unis your looking at? Ignore me if it too personal :smile:

Thank you!! I had 10 A*s and 1 A at GCSE and I'm looking at Cardiff, Bristol, Exeter and Southampton:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ummm...
Thank you!! I had 10 A*s and 1 A at GCSE and I'm looking at Cardiff, Bristol, Exeter and Southampton:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank u am expecting similar so just wondering really
Reply 25
Is an environmental geoscience/science degree thought of as less academic/less well respected as opposed to a normal science degree? Because you seem to need lower grades for them?
And why is this because they still seem to be as academically challenging in terms of content?
I also like the look of Penryn campus for environmental science :smile:
Is anyone going to Bristol this weekend?
Original post by Catb97
Is an environmental geoscience/science degree thought of as less academic/less well respected as opposed to a normal science degree? Because you seem to need lower grades for them?
And why is this because they still seem to be as academically challenging in terms of content?

I would have thought it just cause it less popular but i dont really know . Have you been to the Penryn Campus?
Reply 28
Original post by Catb97

Have you visited Penryn?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Is anyone going to Bristol this weekend?

I am!!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im in love with Bristol :smile: what did u think?
Reply 31
Im in love with Bristol :smile: what did u think?

I absolutely loved it! Perfect course and really nice place, plus my best friend is set on bristol too!:yep::mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ummm...
I absolutely loved it! Perfect course and really nice place, plus my best friend is set on bristol too!:yep::mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

i agree loved the buildings as well plus everyone was really friendly
Reply 33
i agree loved the buildings as well plus everyone was really friendly

Yeh are you going to apply there then? What time did you go to the geography talk?
Original post by ummm...
Yeh are you going to apply there then? What time did you go to the geography talk?

Im planning to as long as a get roughly the right grades !! 12:30 what about you? Have you been to any other open days ?
Reply 35
Im planning to as long as a get roughly the right grades !! 12:30 what about you? Have you been to any other open days ?

Yeh same haha! I'm so determined to get 3 A's but I dont know if it will be possible:L I went at 12! Yeh ive been to cardiff, and exeter Penryn campus, and im going to Southampton on 5th july, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ummm...
Yeh same haha! I'm so determined to get 3 A's but I dont know if it will be possible:L I went at 12! Yeh ive been to cardiff, and exeter Penryn campus, and im going to Southampton on 5th july, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know the three A offer so scary. What was the Exeter Penryn campus like? Ive been to Exeter the other campus, Kings and Birmingham if also booked durham, and lancaster.
Reply 37
I know the three A offer so scary. What was the Exeter Penryn campus like? Ive been to Exeter the other campus, Kings and Birmingham if also booked durham, and lancaster.

I know, but I'm staying optimistic!:biggrin: I liked Penryn but much prefer Bristol, Penryn is a really nice campus and has good facilities but there's just not really anything to do!:frown:
Hey guys I want to do a Geography Bsc looking at Bristol, Leeds, Manchester, Royal Holloway and possibly Durham/Keele depending on AS grades... :smile:
Reply 39
Original post by iceangel8
Hey guys I want to do a Geography Bsc looking at Bristol, Leeds, Manchester, Royal Holloway and possibly Durham/Keele depending on AS grades... :smile:

Hey! What are your predicted grades?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending