The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

Who is starting pharmacy in september 2014 at Bradford university ?

Scroll to see replies

There will be so many moments which you will face whilst studying at Bradford which will make you think that you are on a roller coaster ride :smile:
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
Reply 41
Original post by Paracetamolpharm
There will be so many moments which you will face whilst studying at Bradford which will make you think that you are on a roller coaster ride :smile:

But why tho ? What makes you say that ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by safffy
But why tho ? What makes you say that ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The organisation of the university, exams, new team for your tbl everything etc
Reply 43
The organisation of the university, exams, new team for your tbl everything etc

Is it bad or good then ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by safffy
Is it bad or good then ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

To be fair it is good if you get a good team who respects you and is ready to work with you to increase the team's scores. It is bad if you don't end up with a good team, also some of the students from my year always used to complain that the lecturers never reply to their emails one of the major issues sadly. But oh well InshaALLAH you will get on with them just stay focused on your goals. :smile:
Reply 45
Your very welcome please don't hesitate to ask should you need any more help and good luck with your future studies :smile:

thanks! and i sure will :smile:
Reply 46
Everyone seems to be doing the 5 year course anyone doing the 4 year one?
Reply 47
To be fair it is good if you get a good team who respects you and is ready to work with you to increase the team's scores. It is bad if you don't end up with a good team, also some of the students from my year always used to complain that the lecturers never reply to their emails one of the major issues sadly. But oh well InshaALLAH you will get on with them just stay focused on your goals. :smile:

I'll try and work hard then ahah !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by safffy
I'll try and work hard then ahah !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah work hard IA you will succeed :smile:
Original post by Ans_TSR

Don't worry when you'll start you'll find an equal proportion of the four year and five year people. However, usually there is a higher proportion of the five year ones than the four year ones.
Original post by Ans_TSR

Don't worry you will find many people doing the 4 year course once you start. Plus you will all study together for the first 3 years so it is always good to make friends with people from both course.
Reply 51
Thankyou, i also wanted to know with the whole team based learning thing that they have introduced recently how often will you get the handouts that you will need to read through before doing the multiple choice test in lesson as we did do a little taster session during the interview. The marks that you receive also go towards your final grade right?
Original post by Ans_TSR
Thankyou, i also wanted to know with the whole team based learning thing that they have introduced recently how often will you get the handouts that you will need to read through before doing the multiple choice test in lesson as we did do a little taster session during the interview. The marks that you receive also go towards your final grade right?

These are not hand outs but there are fully detailed reading packs worth 68/50 pages long including the directed learning. I think you'll be given about 2 weeks to prepare for these tests, and these marks do go towards your final grade these are all counted towards your degree. Even though your 1st, 2nd and 3rd year don't count, your full and final degree classification will be based on your 4th year marks. :smile:
Reply 53
These are not hand outs but there are fully detailed reading packs worth 68/50 pages long including the directed learning. I think you'll be given about 2 weeks to prepare for these tests, and these marks do go towards your final grade these are all counted towards your degree. Even though your 1st, 2nd and 3rd year don't count, your full and final degree classification will be based on your 4th year marks. :smile:

so how many packs will there be each year? and what type of tests are there for the packs :smile:
Original post by Ans_TSR
so how many packs will there be each year? and what type of tests are there for the packs :smile:

So for first year you'll have 8 reading packs for FS1, 7 reading packs for FS4, 7 for FS2 and 5 for FS3. Basically all you need to do is to read, understand and kind of memorise the stuff in each of the reading packs. My suggestion would be that you make your own notes and maintain that file for each year that will help you miles away rather than reading each pack. :smile: These are 10 MCQs per reading pack you'll be tested every two weeks. :smile: Let me know if you need anything more cheers :biggrin:
Reply 55
So for first year you'll have 8 reading packs for FS1, 7 reading packs for FS4, 7 for FS2 and 5 for FS3. Basically all you need to do is to read, understand and kind of memorise the stuff in each of the reading packs. My suggestion would be that you make your own notes and maintain that file for each year that will help you miles away rather than reading each pack. :smile: These are 10 MCQs per reading pack you'll be tested every two weeks. :smile: Let me know if you need anything more cheers :biggrin:

What does the FS stand for? each unit? and wow that sounds like alot of packs for one year right? when making the notes yourself do you mean from reading the packs or....and thankyou!
Original post by Ans_TSR
What does the FS stand for? each unit? and wow that sounds like alot of packs for one year right? when making the notes yourself do you mean from reading the packs or....and thankyou!

It stands for foundation studies in pharmacy 1, 2, 3 and so on. FS1 is the name of your first module and so on. And within FS1 which is your first module you will have to study 8 units so it works like that. Yes indeed pharmacy is a very tough course as you'll move in year 2 greatest challenges will come there when the reading packs will be extremely large. Yep I suggest that you make notes from the reading pack in a separate note book you have that helps miles away rather than reading good 40 pages from the reading packs. It helps you to be very organised at the end and very helpful, I will also suggest that you attend each support session for each module at university these are not compulsory but they teach you the entire reading pack before its first test so its a kind of an optional lecture. Your very welcome please don't hesitate to ask further should you need more help. :biggrin:
Reply 57
It stands for foundation studies in pharmacy 1, 2, 3 and so on. FS1 is the name of your first module and so on. And within FS1 which is your first module you will have to study 8 units so it works like that. Yes indeed pharmacy is a very tough course as you'll move in year 2 greatest challenges will come there when the reading packs will be extremely large. Yep I suggest that you make notes from the reading pack in a separate note book you have that helps miles away rather than reading good 40 pages from the reading packs. It helps you to be very organised at the end and very helpful, I will also suggest that you attend each support session for each module at university these are not compulsory but they teach you the entire reading pack before its first test so its a kind of an optional lecture. Your very welcome please don't hesitate to ask further should you need more help. :biggrin:

Aah right i get the idea wow that does sound very tough, yes. And i'm guessing if you start from day one by making the notes and keeping up with all the workload would it still seem like a huge task or easygoing and manageable? these tests that you said do you mean the 2 week ones or the real exams? do you get told about these optional lectures or would you be expected to find out for yourself and then go to them. (Are they called mop up sessions by any chance?) :biggrin:
Original post by Ans_TSR
Aah right i get the idea wow that does sound very tough, yes. And i'm guessing if you start from day one by making the notes and keeping up with all the workload would it still seem like a huge task or easygoing and manageable? these tests that you said do you mean the 2 week ones or the real exams? do you get told about these optional lectures or would you be expected to find out for yourself and then go to them. (Are they called mop up sessions by any chance?) :biggrin:

Yes it is hard but if you stay organised from day one and understand your subject then I think you should not struggle. If you remain organised from day one maintain your notes in a separate notebook , regularly revise/prepare for weekly tests, mocks etc I think it should be easy going for you it should be manageable then. Lots of people from my year never made notes as they went along and like a month before the exam they would be struggling to make notes cause it's just not humanly possible to read good 70 pages from a reading pack you definitely need a condensed and a precise version of those reading packs which is only possible f you attempt to prepare near notes. Yep when I say tests so I mean the weekly tests not the actual exam itself,once you get your timetable your support sessions will be scheduled on them you can interpret accordingly and then attend them you can't be expected to find the support sessions on your own by any means :smile: and no they are not called mop up sessions lol :smile:
Reply 59
As you mentioned before the tests will be every 2 weeks, now will these be on a specific aspect of the pack surely it cant be on all of the pack right? and these team based learning sessions how often in a week do we do them?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending