The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3200
i think its common to fail the driving test first time (the practical more so than the theory test) plus because young drivers are more likely to be involved in accidents, so they probably make the test extra hard if you are a young driver...ok, i don't know how to drive but just my own opinion
Original post by Mizan_K97
Yea man youre not too far away from where i live... Its just a pain failing a safe driver and stuff. I just dont agree with the way they work. Anyways keep me updated since im just in my room all depressed and **** and sicth form starts back up on the 4th so im just like shiiiit man...keep going though we should find something...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just re-checked the DSA and there was a slot for an earlier date thank god! So I would just keep checking every few hours :smile:
Reply 3202
Original post by snookiepuss93
I failed my first test yesterday... 2 serious, 1 dangerous and 3 minors. First serious was because I got confused when I was asked to turn right at the lights- where I was going into was divided by pavement, so people went in on one side and went out on the other, there were no cars waiting, and Id just been through two similar junctions whrre you turned into the lane after the pavement so I signalled, and went past the first (which was correct in this instance) glanced down the second, realised I should have gone into the earler one, cancelled my singal, checked my mirrors and carried on as it was too late to safely turn but I got a serious because I confused other drivers with my signalling.

Second serious was because after doing my parallel park, I was ready to move off, I checked my blind spot and mirrors, and slowly began to move out, I had moved all of 6 inches when a car turned into the road so I signalled to show him I was waiting to move out but as he was so close, I stopped and let him go through as I didnt want to slow him down. But I was apparently an obstruction (by less than 6 inches) so I got a serious.

My dangerous was because my examiner asked me to pull pver- which I did safely, then she asked me to move off and I checked my mirrors, nobody was there so I started to move off, then a taxi turned into the road so I indicated right and again let him pass before moving off safely behind him. I got the dangerous because I should have stopped, the signalled, then moved off apparently.

Everyone just thinks I had a really harsh examiner :frown:

Oh and my minors were: gears, hesitancy and observation (didnt check my right blind spot after emergency stop)

You got two majors in the same area. That's not a harsh examiner. That's you having a weekness you need to fix.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I had to push my test date back by 3 weeks because my test clashed with my uni timetable :frown: Hoping I find a test date for september, the closet ones are the end of October :angry:
Reply 3204
I wasn't even told anything about this by anyone until i asked... But i dont think i will be able to find a test, it seems impossible since the earliest one right now is in Nov!! ://

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you actually booked a test yet?
I might be wrong but I had to book a test for late September, and then reschedule that to actually be able to see the Saturday tests in early August.
And I know how annoying it is to be failed for little things too, even my examiner basically said that he should of passed me first time when I got him again the second, it doesn't mean your a bad driver, it really is down to luck/bad luck most the time!
I wasn't even told anything about this by anyone until i asked... But i dont think i will be able to find a test, it seems impossible since the earliest one right now is in Nov!! ://

Posted from TSR Mobile

Try different test centres maybe, rather than just the one closest to you?
Original post by komalshari
I had my test yesterday and failed on a wrong lane change! I knew the examiner hated me as soon as the test started cos I kept stuttering. I feel gutted that I have to wait another 2 months for another test plus I can't afford another 8+ lessons. Any ideas of what I can do to get something earlier? (That Saturday test sounds pretty good but how do you get it?)

Try other test centres around your area. Also, I only had 1 lesson and the hour before my test between failing and passing. You don't seem to have failed on something too serious so I'd stick my neck out saying you're probably a good driver anyway, you just need a couple of hours to practise manouveres in your instructors car? :smile:
Original post by kerrydouglas
Try other test centres around your area. Also, I only had 1 lesson and the hour before my test between failing and passing. You don't seem to have failed on something too serious so I'd stick my neck out saying you're probably a good driver anyway, you just need a couple of hours to practise manouveres in your instructors car? :smile:

It's true, I thought I generally drove well but I guess the nerves got to me :/ the examiner seemed so stingy and made me quite uncomfortable too. But I'll guess I'll have to see next time :frown:
Original post by komalshari
It's true, I thought I generally drove well but I guess the nerves got to me :/ the examiner seemed so stingy and made me quite uncomfortable too. But I'll guess I'll have to see next time :frown:

Yup! Next time- try and get an early test time so you've not got as much time for the nerves to build up that day. Then just remind yourself every now and then that it's not the end of the world if you fail😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3209
I have just failed my 2nd test at west wickham examiner Ashley ask me to pull over on a main road with traffic building up. Check my mirrors, signalled left and slowdown a bit but could not pull over as the car behind was too close he then ask again you have to pull over then checked mirror and pulled over but when pulling over my front wheel touched the kerb. That's it . I failed.
Just failed my first test, one serious observation fault for changing lane, it was definitely justified but I'm so angry at myself because the rest of the test was perfect, only one minor, and it wasn't a mistake I had ever made before in the same kind of situation. Examiner was so nice as well :frown:
Just failed my second test :frown: Some women walked out into the road on a crossing when the lights had gone green, i rightly slowed down for her but ended up stalling the car over the crossing because it was on a hill which in turn led to the 3 minor that turned into another serious for hesitation....so all in all 1 serious for the stall in a dangerous place, 3 minors for Appropriate use of speed, 3 minors for hesitation (I swear they double these up together), 1 minor for steering and 1 minor for use of mirrors changing direction.....now i have to wait for the 15th of october or a cancellation to come up and i can't drive my car for longer :frown:, its not even that much to fix either its soo annoying !!
failed my second driving test this morning :frown: feeling really hopeless and annoyed with myself. I got a major for hitting the curb when parallel parking - nerves got the better of me and i steered towards the curb even more, so silly! i got a couple of minors for stalling and getting a little too close to parked vehicles. This whole driving malarkey is just so expensive :s-smilie: I now have to wait 10 working days for another test but I'm going back to uni on the 14th September so I really don't know what to do :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
I failed again didn't I! I had a few minors for hesitation, one for driving too slowly, and one for a stall but my major was because I was going along a national speed limit road, and it goes from national speed limit, to 50mph to 30mph, and there are markers from 300 yards, and I started to slow down at 300yards, the examiner said that the car behind me got very close to me so he had to fail me, and had there not been a car behind me, he would have been able to pass me. I'm really gutted, not hugely about the money (although that does sting!) but because the earliest I can get another test is the 20th of October!
Have a very big problem found this thread so thought I will post on here.

My test was booked this monday 8th september. My instructors car was broken down and only got fixed yesterday as he send me a message saying what time do you want your lesson tmrow.

As I was eager to want a lesson before friday. I found a instructor online told him about situation if he will be able to take me to the test. He said fine we did a 1 and a half hour lesson. I booked another lesson on friday.

My instructor car was fixed yesterday and I rang the instructor who I found online told him can't have any more lessons with you his car works, the guy was arguing with me over the phone for like half an hour - money grabbing thief was charging me £25 an hour. Just to let you know he took my theory test number and license number down.

Just woke up a bit ago checked my emails, one from dsa told me my test has been changed to 21st october I guess it was him he has got my details.

NOW I CAN'T FIND ANY CLOSER DATES AND SOOOOO PISSED OFF 7 WEEEKS AWAY

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by abbasahmed786
Have a very big problem found this thread so thought I will post on here.

My test was booked this monday 8th september. My instructors car was broken down and only got fixed yesterday as he send me a message saying what time do you want your lesson tmrow.

As I was eager to want a lesson before friday. I found a instructor online told him about situation if he will be able to take me to the test. He said fine we did a 1 and a half hour lesson. I booked another lesson on friday.

My instructor car was fixed yesterday and I rang the instructor who I found online told him can't have any more lessons with you his car works, the guy was arguing with me over the phone for like half an hour - money grabbing thief was charging me £25 an hour. Just to let you know he took my theory test number and license number down.

Just woke up a bit ago checked my emails, one from dsa told me my test has been changed to 21st october I guess it was him he has got my details.

NOW I CAN'T FIND ANY CLOSER DATES AND SOOOOO PISSED OFF 7 WEEEKS AWAY

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

:eek: Surely that can't be right?! Instructors can't just change your test without you knowing :O
I'm sorry I don't have any advice for you but good luck finding a new test date! I had to move my test date back as I had booked my test for a day that would clash with my uni timetable which I only got last week. Looking for new test dates sucks! The waiting list at my local test centre is 9 weeks :angry:
Original post by tinkerbell_xxx
:eek: Surely that can't be right?! Instructors can't just change your test without you knowing :O
I'm sorry I don't have any advice for you but good luck finding a new test date! I had to move my test date back as I had booked my test for a day that would clash with my uni timetable which I only got last week. Looking for new test dates sucks! The waiting list at my local test centre is 9 weeks :angry:

He was an instructor I found online and then told him I cant take lessons with him because my instructors car is fixed and he will take me to the test.

He has got my provisional license number and theory test certificate number.

Waiting list for the local test center near to me is 7 weeks :frown:
That was low. I'm sorry for that, I can't believe how low some people can get just because of money.

What did your instructor say, the one who got their car fixed?

I'm not sure you can do anything about it now.
Original post by abbasahmed786
He was an instructor I found online and then told him I cant take lessons with him because my instructors car is fixed and he will take me to the test.

He has got my provisional license number and theory test certificate number.

Waiting list for the local test center near to me is 7 weeks :frown:

I would think that's illegal because he didn't have your consent, or can instructors just change your test date :confused: He sounds like a right **** though!
Quite nervous about my practical exam coming soon. i took the theory and passed first time without even revising for the hazard perception bit. ( i didn't know it would be in the theory test lol). i came ou expecting to fail and got quite a nice surprise :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending