The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fleur_de_haine
We've had almost two weeks of introductions and inductions to various bits of the course, with the odd hour spent talking about cellular organelles.

I've my first PBL session tomorrow mind you, I think I'm excited to a sad degree.

Two weeks?! That sounds slightly torturous.

I don't blame you, I bet you just want to get stuck in now.
Original post by Asklepios
Yeah it was, the trap is Knox, as he was the guy who they sold the bodies to but he was a 'private tutor' in anatomy and not the Edinburgh uni prof. Today shouldn't have been too bad for you, the first properly fast paced lectures are the cell biology ones by Dr Hall. Then next week you'll start more meaty topics!

'Don't tell anyone' *posts in public forum*
Can you not just drink from bottles/cans?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah I remember the wee trio of Munro's :tongue: I loved the guy who delivered us the anatomy lecture today! Gave us lecture slides too :biggrin: Looking forward to them although I'm quite nervous of being stupid in comparison to everyone :redface:

Nah I meant nobody in my year so they don't steal my idea! :colondollar: You could I suppose, but they said it should be funny or unusual like a shoe or watering can or your hands. I'm most likely going to go for coconut but if not I'll buy a hat from poundland or something.

I think I've decided on my medic parents. My medic mum was in your PBL and I've got two medic dads, one of whom looks like buzz lightyear! :lol:

Original post by Helenia
Hehe, I'm sure plenty of us went through a young and sanctimonious phase at some point!

Welcome to all the Freshers. Enjoy it and seriously don't work too hard. Not don't work at all, but learn to balance it.

I still kinda don't see the point and it is bad for you, but I know my limits kinda so I've not been awful and I've had some fun with it! Freshers deffo would not have been as fun for me if I hadn't been drinking.

Medics have such a boner for pub crawls, been invited to a third! :eek3:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ForestCat
Two weeks?! That sounds slightly torturous.

I don't blame you, I bet you just want to get stuck in now.

Aye, it feels like it's getting going now!
Aye, it feels like it's getting going now!

Yeah although I am not completely looking forward to the endless things to learn, I just want to get going properly. Its not my first time at uni so the whole fresher/intro week doesn't really interest..... That said in a few weeks we'll probably be longing for the nice easy intro week type lectures.
Freshers just wanna get "stuck into medicine".... What is going on!?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hopes
Freshers just wanna get "stuck into medicine".... What is going on!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't kid yourself, you were the same :wink: :tongue:

Welcome to all the new medics!
Original post by ForestCat
Yeah although I am not completely looking forward to the endless things to learn, I just want to get going properly. Its not my first time at uni so the whole fresher/intro week doesn't really interest..... That said in a few weeks we'll probably be longing for the nice easy intro week type lectures.

I'm sure we'll regret being so keen for the pace to pick up!
I'm sure we'll regret being so keen for the pace to pick up!

I am very sure we will!!! We should know better!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wish I was a fresher.
Original post by Fission_Mailed
I wish I was a fresher.

So do I. Actually I just wish I had a better social life.

brb getting back from placement at 7, need to prepare for presentation tomorrow, friends are scattered all over the place on different blocks and are usually too busy/tired/meh to go out anyway.

Oh to be 19 and living on campus again :moon:
I wish I was a fresher.

Change with me, I wanna be in the 5th year already
Reply 3011
Original post by Democracy

brb getting back from placement at 7, need to prepare for presentation tomorrow, friends are scattered all over the place on different blocks and are usually too busy/tired/meh to go out anyway.

The most adventurous part of my week now is going to Asda. :rolleyes:
Original post by Democracy

Three degrees later and I've still not managed to make it to a fresher's event. I'm doing this wrong.:facepalm:
Original post by Nottie
Change with me, I wanna be in the 5th year already

No you don't. Medical school (and then presumable work) is like boiling a frog alive.

Edit: Side note. I know that I sound like a broken record, but Jesus H. Christ the windows are getting a serious licking right now.
(edited 9 years ago)
I wish I was a fresher.

Me too... They all look so young, virus ridden, virginal and fresh faced (even with a hangover!!)
T-5 days until the yearly freshers chest infection commences I recon

Tips for freshers esp grad entry... ENJOY IT!
I spoke to another third year today who said we say you lot in lectures last year and you always looked so tired and depressed
Original post by lcsurfer
Me too... They all look so young, virus ridden, virginal and fresh faced (even with a hangover!!)
T-5 days until the yearly freshers chest infection commences I recon

Tips for freshers esp grad entry... ENJOY IT!
I spoke to another third year today who said we say you lot in lectures last year and you always looked so tired and depressed

I can't even fathom how I used to go out 3 or 4 times per week and make 9am lectures. Now a heavy Friday leaves me reeling until Sunday.
I can't even fathom how I used to go out 3 or 4 times per week and make 9am lectures. Now a heavy Friday leaves me reeling until Sunday.

Last year we had a heavy night out and fell asleep on the tube on my way to work at 7.30am and woke up in zone 9!!! ZONE 9 on the "underground"... apparently I was outside of the M25, got to work an hour late and proceeded to get shouted out, make a sarcastic remark, throw up and get a written caution all in that order

Whats even worse is that the lecture theatre smells like a teenage boy locker room of lynx testosterone and desperation eewww
Original post by Tech
The most adventurous part of my week now is going to Asda. :rolleyes:

Hoping its one of those big Asdas at least.

Cant believe so many freshers are so excited for things to start properly. Though saying that I don't wish I was a fresher (too much pressure to join in with the "down it fresher" crap, especially at Impy). Then again maybe I'm just an old fart.

On a happier note, gotta love those Imperial freebies

IMG-20140915-WA0005.jpg
Original post by -Neuro-
First day of proper lectures over! :woo: Fresher's week was AWESOME!! This is despite it leaving me with a case of the "freshers flu" and a voice 3 octaves lower from its usual :colondollar: Feels weird posting here given how I'd snooped this thread for years :lol:

Found this: FML FML what have I become????? :nooo:

Welcome to the thread! Pretty sure I'm still in the young and sanctimonious stage tbh (and too old to change).

Original post by Helenia
Hehe, I'm sure plenty of us went through a young and sanctimonious phase at some point!

Welcome to all the Freshers. Enjoy it and seriously don't work too hard. Not don't work at all, but learn to balance it.
It's funny I don't miss uni at all. I wouldn't want to be a fresher again.

Latest

Trending

Trending