The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

University of Edinburgh Applicants 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Got a conditional offer on Wednesday to study Maths, A*AA for second year entry. Exciting!
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by fajita.and.friends
Best subject ever! :biggrin: Where else are you applying?

York, Lancaster, Queen Mary and Roehampton :smile: what about you?
Original post by checkmate14
Got a conditional offer on Wednesday to study Maths, A*AA for second year entry. Exciting!

Congraaaats :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've applied for linguistics! Really hope I get an offer, if only because I have dreams of frequenting the punnily-named Bar Bados (did anyone else see this whilst visiting?)

I'm applying for Linguistics too! I might change it to Linguistics and Scandinavian Studies though :smile:
Reply 124
How quickly do Edinburgh make offers after they are received? Is it almost immediate or do they wait until all applications are in?
Original post by mayare
Hello !
I am applying for Economics. But I am still 100% in the middle of writing the application... Does it matter _when_ you send it if it is before the deadline (15th January) ?

I applied Econ too! :smile: Well I submitted already bc I'm doing Cambridge too but I don't think it matters when you send your application. But then again, if they give a lot of offers now then there might be less places by the deadline for applications... I would say try to finish your application by Christmas but any time before the deadline is fine! Good luck! :smile:
Original post by hcnr97
How quickly do Edinburgh make offers after they are received? Is it almost immediate or do they wait until all applications are in?

I haven't gotten a response yet but apparently they can be quite slow. Like if you apply in Sept they might take as long as April to reply! Apparently most offers come in around Jan and March. So I would say don't worry if you've already applied and focus on other things :smile:
Original post by yasminrose1214
York, Lancaster, Queen Mary and Roehampton :smile: what about you?

Cambridge, York, Newcastle and Manchester!
Original post by abigailbayram
I'm applying for Linguistics too! I might change it to Linguistics and Scandinavian Studies though :smile:

Ah cool, I've always thought Scandinavian Studies sounded amazing :biggrin: I'm also considering taking up Social Anthropology if I get to Edinburgh...I really like the degree flexibility
Original post by Sapphire321
Hi, I've applied for Medicinal and Biological Chemistry. Anyone else here applied for chemistry? :biggrin:

hey, I've applied for Medicinal and Biological Chemistry too! Well, "with industrial experience". I haven't officially sent my application off since my teacher has to write my reference and get predicted grades :yep:

What else did you apply to? And is edinburgh your first choice if you get in?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 130
Original post by Sapphire321
Hi, I've applied for Medicinal and Biological Chemistry. Anyone else here applied for chemistry? :biggrin:

Ahh I was so close to applying for that it looked really interesting, but I didnt want to rewrite my personal statement and some of my other options didnt have it, so I went with Biochemistry instead :tongue:
Reply 131
Original post by hcnr97

I got my offer from Edinburgh maybe 2-3 weeks after I submitted my UCAS :smile: it was fairly speedy I wasn't expecting it to be so fast! :tongue:
Ah cool, I've always thought Scandinavian Studies sounded amazing :biggrin: I'm also considering taking up Social Anthropology if I get to Edinburgh...I really like the degree flexibility

That sounds really cool! Yeah that's what kind of drew me to Edinburgh, the flexibility of the degree. I'm pretty sure it's going to be my firm. That is, if I get an offer :colondollar:
Original post by mynameispoo
I am applying for psychology too! Have you got the offer yet?

Not yet, I've not sent my application yet, but fingers crossed. Have you? :biggrin:

Original post by anushkaka
i'm applying for psych too!! are you doing the bsc or the ma??

I'm applying for the MA, and you? :biggrin:
I sent my application to Edinburgh on 1 october and I still had not heard anything back...:s-smilie:
Hi,

I'm from Germany and planning on studying International Relations at Edinburgh. Now, I have a limited number of references and thus only 3 or 4 universities to apply to.

Could anyone tell me the general chances of getting into UK schools like Edinburgh? I've got an A (German 1.42) average on my B.A. in Political Science and some work experience/extra curricular stuff on my CV.

Cheers!
I've applied to genetics with AAAAA at higher and got some email recently with a conformation and a bunch of log in nonsense, anyone know when offers are usually sent?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bethanykmac
Applied for Medical Sciences last week! Has anyone had any offers from Edinburgh yet?

Hi,I am also interested in Medical science. What As grades did you get? And do you know if it is possible to get into medicine after finishing this course? thanks!
Original post by mynameispoo
Same in here! After I have sent my application, I check my email whenever I am free I have never been that paranoid before hahaha!:tongue:

i'm also an American applying :smile: for biomedical sciences
what are you all applying for?
Original post by hcnr97

They usually operate a gathered field and make offers after Jan 15th. (Much quicker for internationals, though.) My son got his offer on May 8th.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending