The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff University Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I got an offer for Law today - AAB. Also have and offer from Liverpool, and waiting to hear from Exeter, Leeds and Warwick. Sent my application on the 20th Oct
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by insert-username
Thanks :smile: My application was sent off on the 14th of October (because i'm also applying to medicine)
My offer is AAB

Oh dear, I applied a week earlier than that for Biomed and haven't had anything back :/
Where have you applied for medicine? Nottingham, Durham and Plymouth for me.
Original post by fraser97
Oh dear, I applied a week earlier than that for Biomed and haven't had anything back :/
Where have you applied for medicine? Nottingham, Durham and Plymouth for me.

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll hear back soon :smile:

My choices:

Manchester - Medicine
Dundee - Medicine
Cardiff - Biomedical Sciences (Neuroscience)
Nottingham - Medical Physiology
Sussex - Neuroscience
Original post by insert-username
Don't worry, I'm sure you'll hear back soon :smile:

My choices:

Manchester - Medicine
Dundee - Medicine
Cardiff - Biomedical Sciences (Neuroscience)
Nottingham - Medical Physiology
Sussex - Neuroscience

Thanks :smile: Saying that, I have applied for a slightly different Biomedical Sciences course, gone for standard entry rather than a specific area like neuroscience or anatomy. Applied for Medical Pharmacology at Cardiff aswell, which I'm strangely drawn towards and am thinking of it being my first choice.

Good luck with everything!
I went to the open day last week and loved it, although I have yet to visit any other universities so have nothing to compare it to.

What course are you applying for? Chemistry

What are you currently studying? Access to HE Science - Mature Student (24)

Why Cardiff University? It's only a few hours away from home, the location is perfect (close to the sea, countryside - I love walking) and city, and the department seemed well equipped with great graduate prospects.

Have you attended any open days or visits to the University? Last Week

Anyone else applying for Chem?
Original post by Aneesah_May
Psychology with a placement year
I sent my application on the 30th september and recieved an offer a week later
Currently I'm studying psychology biology and history a level

Idk if this will be my first two choices as I'd prefer to do a joint honours which my other unis provide. I cant visit the uni as it is too far so will be too expensive but can anyone pm some pictures of the uni and preferably the psychology department as Google images and their website dont show much and obviously they would show the uni in the best light and I cant find any of what the uni looks like inside like tge lecture rooms and library etc

Hi Aneesah, if you dont mind me asking, what grades did you get at AS and what predicted grades did your school/college sent?
Original post by Hussey119
Hi Aneesah, if you dont mind me asking, what grades did you get at AS and what predicted grades did your school/college sent?

As levels ABCU in psychology, history biology and physics in order

And my predicted grades are AAB
Does anyone have a biology offer? Makes me a little nervous that people already have biomed offers :smile:
Original post by meeeeee7
Does anyone have a biology offer? Makes me a little nervous that people already have biomed offers :smile:

No! (I am beginning to wonder whether I have been put in the maybe pile??) What ALevels are you studying?
Original post by whizzkid24601
No! (I am beginning to wonder whether I have been put in the maybe pile??) What ALevels are you studying?

Same! Biology, Chemistry and RS what about you? Also what grades did you get at AS?
(edited 9 years ago)
Same! Biology, Chemistry and RS what about you? Also what grades did you get at AS?

Biology, Maths and Drama! I got BBB at AS and have been predicted AAB (Special considerations have been mentioned in my reference in order to explain my grades, but I am not sure how much they will consider that) You?
I got my offer from Cardiff for Maths BSc! I sent my application off on the 16th Oct so I'm glad! It was my last offer!
Original post by whizzkid24601
Biology, Maths and Drama! I got BBB at AS and have been predicted AAB (Special considerations have been mentioned in my reference in order to explain my grades, but I am not sure how much they will consider that) You?

Cool, they should consider that :smile: I got AABC predicted A*AA

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone got offers for genetics yet?
Does anyone know if any biology offers have been given out already? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haent applied to biology, but applied to genetics on 15 october and still haennt had a reply,
Reply 35
So who else here has applied for dentistry at Cardiff this year? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Me too 😃.
Have you sent your application yet? If you have, have you gotten an offer?
Reply 37
Original post by AndiaChanda
Me too 😃.

Sorry are you talking about dentistry?
Original post by borysek01
Applying to Cardiff (as insurance) for Computer Science!:smile:

Me too 😃.
Original post by arbucks
Sorry are you talking about dentistry?

No, sorry. I replied without the original message by mistake

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending