The Student Room Group

What is the shortest job you have had?

for me - did 4 days work experience in a shop - that it the shortest.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
2 days full time employment in a warehouse, got paid for the 2 days though

not including retail which i had 2 weeks work experience
One day at amazon, worst experience ever.
Hotel for about a hour, I walked out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
call centre for 2 hours
Two (non consecutive) days at a Vietnamese fast food shop. It was so boring doing things like peeling vegetables and assembling sandwiches and lunch orders. I couldn't do that everyday.
One day at taking care of flowers such as removing debris etc on a hot summer day staying on my knees for more than 6 hours :tongue:. Never again! The ground was dry and hard, it hurt my knees :sad: And I've got paid like £10 (40 LTL in my currency) for it :teehee:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
5 days fruit picking in Australia. That was all they needed us for.
Two days, working in a care home. I was expected to shower people and clean and dress open wounds without any training. I was scared that I'd hurt people, and decided there and then that it wasn't for me.
Reply 9
9 hours in a café. I was made to scrub old cooking fat off the concrete outside with luke warm water and a kitchen scourer. I was then sworn at and had things thrown at me. I told the owner what I thought of him and walked out. I was paid for it though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Reue
5 days fruit picking in Australia. That was all they needed us for.

that sounds pretty cool.. could you eat fruit whilst picking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by Spacey Sprocket
that sounds pretty cool.. could you eat fruit whilst picking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sure, if you like eating raw aubergine.
Reply 12
1 and a half weeks at debenhams. It was so boring standing in a fitting room for 6/8hours.
Hotel bar - I lasted five days before I quit and got fired at the same time (technically, I quit first before being immediately told that they were getting rid of me anyway. Still, I walked out with my pride intact aha)
Original post by EleanorFrost
Hotel bar - I lasted five days before I quit and got fired at the same time (technically, I quit first before being immediately told that they were getting rid of me anyway. Still, I walked out with my pride intact aha)

give us the full story.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought my four days was going to be up there but apparently not.

I worked for a company through an agency where I had to stand in the same place for 9 hours.

This resulted in a lot of blood and lymph pooling in my lower legs and causing them to swell up, a lot.

I went to the doc's to make sure it wasen't anything serious or unrelated to the job, which it wasn't and then told the agency I woudn't be returning.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 16
5 days working in for a care agency. Got no shadowing training as promised, first day was basically me being left alone with the vulnerable service users (3 to one) pulling eighty hour shifts. And my first day? the "team leader" didn't even give me the address for the place. Needless to say its put me off the care industry for life.
I was a dwarf in a play once.

Posted from TSR Mobile
5 days as a painter/decorator during work experience back in the good ole GCSE days.
Lasted 2 days at Home Bargains!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending