The Student Room Group

Warwick 2015 Personal Statement Help!

I submitted my application for MSc Management at Warwick last week. They sent me a link and said that I should answer the 5 questions in the link and add in my personal statement. I need help with those questions!

I was able to do 3 of them but need help with the following:

1 - What contributions do you feel you can make to the course?
(I do not understand in what way can I make any contribution to the course)

2 - What evidence of research or reading in this area can you show?
(I am currently in my last semester of Aerospace Engineering. I studied two subjects related to management which were Project Management and Aerospace Industrial Studies. I do not know how to answer this question.)
For the first one have a look at the course structure and see what lines up with your strengths. For the second bit you're expected to have done some reading and research outside of your normal coursework too.
Reply 2
Thank you for your reply.
So since I havent done any reading or research outside of my coursework, can you suggest me something to write for this question? So i can get an idea how am i suppose to answer it.
Unfortunately not. You're going to have to do your own research. If you're unable to do your own research and reading at this stage you may want to think about whether you'll be able to cope with the workload of a masters degree which requires a lot of independent work.
Reply 4
I just need a suggestion like a topic for an example so i can get an idea what kind of research they are expecting.
I'm currently doing Aerospace Engineering so have been through alot of workload, research work, projects etc so working independently on difficult stuff is not a problem.
(edited 9 years ago)
What you're describing is typical of any other undergrad degree in the sciences but that doesn't necessarily prepare you for postgrad study. If you're struggling to think of what in the degree course you're wanting to study interests you then that's worrying!

Anyway, Warwick business school has a website through which you can find out what their interests are and what you'll be taught. That's a good place to start.
Reply 6
Oh alright. Well thank you very much for all the help =)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending