The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by misteltain
Thanks so much for the reply. It's nice to hear some comforting words haha. Yes that's exactly what I planned to do with my instructor. Just gonna take a little break about 3 weeks or so off.

That sounds good, just don't take too long off so you don't forget small important things :smile:

I'm going to be cheeky and ask you to vote for me in a competition please? I'm pnailss. Thank you so much if you vote :smile:

http://www.graziadaily.co.uk/2015/07/manicure-monday-vote-for-your-favourite-nails-on-twitter
(edited 8 years ago)
Had my test earlier today and failed unfortunately :frown: big roundabouts just don't seem to be my thing..my lane discipline was horrible..i just don't get the timing right and i get confused when I'm supposed to change lanes when the exit is past 12 o'clock. The lane markings are practically invisible which doesn't help either :frown: everything else was fine! even my reverse round the corner and thats the manourvere i struggle with the most, but i guess today wasn't my day.
Original post by lightthefuze
Had my test earlier today and failed unfortunately :frown: big roundabouts just don't seem to be my thing..my lane discipline was horrible..i just don't get the timing right and i get confused when I'm supposed to change lanes when the exit is past 12 o'clock. The lane markings are practically invisible which doesn't help either :frown: everything else was fine! even my reverse round the corner and thats the manourvere i struggle with the most, but i guess today wasn't my day.

Oh no :frown: Just re-book. Head up x
I can't believe it I passed!!! So happy right now.

Everyone please keep going if I can do it anyone can. Just don't give up!!
Good luck to all with tests coming up :smile:
Original post by tinkerbell_xxx
That sounds good, just don't take too long off so you don't forget small important things :smile:

I'm going to be cheeky and ask you to vote for me in a competition please? I'm pnailss. Thank you so much if you vote :smile:

http://www.graziadaily.co.uk/2015/07...ils-on-twitter

Do you have another link? That one doesn't work I'm afraid.
Original post by Millie mj

Yayyyyy!!! well done!!! how many minors and what manouvre did you do??? X
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by misteltain
Do you have another link? That one doesn't work I'm afraid.

http://www.graziadaily.co.uk/2015/07/manicure-monday-vote-for-your-favourite-nails-on-twitter

Sorry about that! Thanks :smile:

Yay so happy for you! :smile:

Congrats!! Was it your first?
Thanks all :smile:
It was my third test! 😳 lol definitely third time lucky :smile: I got 5 minors mainly for being a bit far out from the kerb lol and I got reverse park. And done it quite good lol x
i passed! Thankfully I can now unsubscribe from this thread lol
I drove worse than my last test but i still passed! I must say there is quite an element of luck with getting the test routes, some are significantly harder if you don't know the city well.
My advice for whoever still has to pass is: every time you are asked to pull up alongside the road, before driving on take a deep breath and then drive on when it is safe.
Good luck to all you guys!
Failed my test again today. 4th time. Really feel like giving up, it's getting so embarassing.
Hi guys! I've got my driving test tomorrow and my instructor has said it will cost me a total of £140:
£65 for car hire
£75 for normal hourly rate (total of 3 hours for 1hr lesson plus 2hrs driving to and from test centre).
This seems really expensive to me!
Am I being overcharged and how much did you guys pay for your test day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I Hope all those who have their test coming up soon the best of luck! Just relax and try to stay calm. Mines on Friday Morning 10am. This is my second test, I feel more confident and not too nervous so far. Few pages ago has my list of 1st test failures if you're interested. I knew I f***** up but I know now not to make those mistakes and take one thing at a time.

Side note - I have to say, this thread is pretty much the only thing that kept me going! I thank you all for that!!!

To anyone who's failed recently. DO NOT GIVE UP.
Imagine the goal is endless possibility, and something that will aid you for many many years, and think to yourself. I WILL PASS. Even if you don't pass the first, second, third, forth of fifth -- you live and learn. We're not perfect but just humans.

I'll be back (As said by Arnold Schwarzenegger)
Original post by YellowWallpaper
Failed my test again today. 4th time. Really feel like giving up, it's getting so embarassing.

What happened that made you fail? What happened in the previous tests?
Original post by Curlsss
Hi guys! I've got my driving test tomorrow and my instructor has said it will cost me a total of £140:
£65 for car hire
£75 for normal hourly rate (total of 3 hours for 1hr lesson plus 2hrs driving to and from test centre).

Posted from TSR Mobile

I paid £60 in total for my test today, yes, he's overcharging you, considering i pay about £27 per hour
Original post by Curlsss
£65 for car hire

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's sounds incredibly expensive—I guess it's a bit more if you've got some distance to get to/from the test centre, but all the same that sounds very expensive indeed. I don't really understand the £65 to hire the car just for the duration of a test as that's way over your instructors hourly rate! I paid £40, which was £20 for a lesson beforehand and £20 to borrow the car for the test.

I hope this helps.
i paid £55 today...shouldve been £58 but he let me off £3 because he likes me haha! !...he' rather have a pass and good feedback instead of £3...lol...
Original post by Curlsss
£65 for car hire

You're being overcharged. The £25 per hour you are paying should include the use of the car.

On your other lessons, do you pay for car hire on top of the £25 hourly rate?
Original post by Curlsss
£65 for car hire

Posted from TSR Mobile

He's mugging you off mate.

If I remember correctly, my instructor charged £40, £20 for lesson before test, £20 for the hour I was doing the test.

Then of course the test fee which didn't go to him anyway

Latest

Trending

Trending