The Student Room Group

Article: Is it possible to predict what universities will do on results day?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DannyAmo
So if before clearing the offer was BBB but during clearing it still stands at BBB and I get BBC am I waisting my time ringing or would they just not have updated the website?

In those circumstances UCAS Track may say you are in, it may say you are unsuccessful or there may not be a decision yet.

If you are in, it is a waste of time ringing them; you are better getting ready to hit the town.

If you are out, try phoning somewhere else where you might be wanted rather than a university where you definitely aren't.

If there is no decision, phone them and sound keen and enthusiastic.

Why might you be let in with BBC when they are asking for BBB in clearing? Because one volunteer is worth ten pressed men. You want to be there. Folk who apply in the main scheme are far more likely to complete a course than clearing applicants.
Is it still acceptable to enquire about clearing spaces in the period between now and results day or, what with Track being inactive until the 12th, do I need to wait until results day?
Original post by myaccount
Is it still acceptable to enquire about clearing spaces in the period between now and results day or, what with Track being inactive until the 12th, do I need to wait until results day?

If you have your results it is acceptable

If you're waiting for A level results then you should not be approaching universities until Thursday.
Original post by myaccount

Hey

I'm sure its absolutely fine to enquire and you don't necessarily have to wait until results day! I know we are answering calls right now for anyone with questions about clearing :smile:

01522 886097 or [email protected]

Ben

Lincoln Media Production Graduate - Online Media Developer
Original post by Not Anonymous
Does anyone know if University of Leicester has been lenient to those in results day? Especially for Law?

I am highly considering calling my insurance in a couple of days to ask if I could go into clearing. But this depends on whether I have a chance if I get into a uni that's similar (in terms of reputation) to Leicester. The places I would be considering is Sussex and Reading (places I originally applied) UEA, Kent and probably Liverpool (places I was considering to apply to). Those uni's have an entry requirement of AAB, same as Leicester (Liverpool has ABB). Would there be any point considering those unis to call up? Or should I just keep my insurance (despite I just don't want to go there, I've been saying this from the day I put the uni as my insurance!)

It's only law I want to do, I'm so passionate about doing law (for like 2 years). I don't want to do any other course, to avoid having to go down the GDL route.

Hi there! I do Law at Leicester and I'm going to be on the Clearing hotlines tomorrow so I thought I could offer some advice :smile:

Firstly, I was predicted ABBB at A Level (I did 4 A2s) when the course required AAA and got an offer! I ended up getting ABCD on results day and they still let me in :smile:

Make sure you check the website www.le.ac.uk/clearing2015 to check on the grade requirements - keep looking back because they'll change throughout the day (although I'm told that Law fills up quickly). If you meet the requirements (or are one grade below, eg. ABB) then definitely give us a call because we might be able to do something for you.

Best of luck for tomorrow!
Original post by ohsosofaay
Hi there! I do Law at Leicester and I'm going to be on the Clearing hotlines tomorrow so I thought I could offer some advice :smile:

Firstly, I was predicted ABBB at A Level (I did 4 A2s) when the course required AAA and got an offer! I ended up getting ABCD on results day and they still let me in :smile:

Make sure you check the website www.le.ac.uk/clearing2015 to check on the grade requirements - keep looking back because they'll change throughout the day (although I'm told that Law fills up quickly). If you meet the requirements (or are one grade below, eg. ABB) then definitely give us a call because we might be able to do something for you.

Best of luck for tomorrow!

Hi there i was just wondering if you have heard about any current students that got into an economics course at leicester with BCC?

Many thanks :smile:
You send one of theirs to the hospital,
They send one of yours to the morgue

That's the Clearing way.
Original post by Chussss
Hi there i was just wondering if you have heard about any current students that got into an economics course at leicester with BCC?

Many thanks :smile:

Hi!

I don't know many Economists so I can't really say. But there IS a possibility of it happening based on what the University have told me :smile:

Good luck!
Hi!

I don't know many Economists so I can't really say. But there IS a possibility of it happening based on what the University have told me :smile:

Good luck!

The website says BBB though:/

thanks anyway
Hi!

Good luck!

What has the uni told you? Does that apply to criminology? I'm surprised they'd be so lenient!
Original post by Chussss
The website says BBB though:/

thanks anyway

Keep an eye on the website - if it goes down to BBC then we might be able to offer you a place!

Good luck
Original post by natto97
What has the uni told you? Does that apply to criminology? I'm surprised they'd be so lenient!

Criminology require BBC, so give us a call if you get BCC.
keep an eye on the website - if it goes down to bbc then we might be able to offer you a place!

Good luck

no worries i got in! Thank you so much!!!!
Original post by Chussss
no worries i got in! Thank you so much!!!!

Congratulations!!! And no problem :smile: see you in September!
Criminology require BBC, so give us a call if you get BCC.

Is that lowered from the standard offer of ABB??
Original post by natto97
Is that lowered from the standard offer of ABB??

I suppose so! Criminology isn't offered at all universities, and now that the cap on student numbers has been lifted, I presume that Leicester want to offer the course to more people. Also I'm pretty sure Leicester is ranked quite highly for Criminology!
I suppose so! Criminology isn't offered at all universities, and now that the cap on student numbers has been lifted, I presume that Leicester want to offer the course to more people. Also I'm pretty sure Leicester is ranked quite highly for Criminology!

That's why I'm so surprised!
Giving this a little bump for 2016 applicants! :h:
Hi.
I am a retake student, I had ABD last year and got rejected by KCL through Clearing,
the course asks for ABB during Clearing and normally they ask for AAB.
This year I got an offer from the SAME course and the offer is AAB.
I am afraid I will end up with ABB this year... do you think they will take me in with missing only 1 grade?
btw this is an insurance choice, my firm choice is also from KCL and also asks for AAB (it wasn't on clearing last year & I guess it's because it's a very new course began in 2014/15)
thanks
Reply 239
Hi guys,

do you think any scottish university would consider me for any chemistry/biology related course in clearing when I achieved 1134 in my maturita exam? I believe that's an equivalent to AACD. It's 1 in Czech and English, 3 in Chemistry and 4 in Biology.

Any advice? I suppose it's hopeless.

Thanks.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending