The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Is anyone else going to be living at Liberty Quays Medway in September?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GeorginaDean
Hiiii, I'll be living at Liberty Quays in Medway - I'm studying Sports Therapy!

Hiya, I'm studying Sports Therapy at Medway as well :smile: congrats on coming to Kent! Whereabouts are you coming from?
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by Partyology94
Hiya, I'm studying Sports Therapy at Medway as well :smile: congrats on coming to Kent! Whereabouts are you coming from?

Oh yay!

Thank you, you too! I'm coming from the outskirts of Canterbury so not far at all! What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh yay!

Thank you, you too! I'm coming from the outskirts of Canterbury so not far at all! What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's cool, you'll quickly be at home then! Plus know some good venues? I'm coming from London so not too far, looking forward to the fresh air of freshers! Aha
Reply 43
Original post by Mclola182
The 19th of September is a Saturday whereas the 20th is a Sunday so...

I apologise I meant Saturday the 19th!
Reply 44
Yeah it does seem so but at least there's a free shuttle bus to Canterbury from our campus. Maidstone's meant to be decent as well and London is not too far for once in a blue moon. Yeah true say mate :P might be worth the discounts though!
I hear there's a couple clubs in Medway but it's mostly bars and stuff which is cool but hopefully the clubs there are lively, somewhere with drum and bass nights would top it off :smile:

Liberty questionnaire? I haven't done that yet, I'm guessing you do that on the Liberty website when you sort out payment dates and that? I've got to phone the Student Loans Company as for some reason they've set my first payment for October! I'm hoping this is just a mistake?

Yeah I've joined a couple, you can find your flatmates on there as well which is pretty cool. Have you found out who any of your flatmates are yet?

Sorry for the late reply btw :smile:

well it's not much of a questionnaire but it comes up after paying the deposit

At least student finance have sorted your loan!, they haven't even changed my university or informed me of how much money I'll be getting and when it's scheduled to enter my account

how do you find your flatmates?? ,have you found out who your flatmates are?
Reply 45
That's cool, you'll quickly be at home then! Plus know some good venues? I'm coming from London so not too far, looking forward to the fresh air of freshers! Aha

Good question! considering we're all going Medway I think we need to be aware of which venue will be the best night out
Reply 46
Original post by Sleeves182
I'm probably going to go on the 19th just to get settled before the big crowds come in, if what you say is true :smile:

I'm sorry I meant Saturday the 19th is meant to be the popular day from reading facebook groups
:party2:#TeamMeday

You better med way.
(See what I did there??!)
Original post by Keddy28
I'm sorry I meant Saturday the 19th is meant to be the popular day from reading facebook groups

Fair enough haha, I'll still hopefully go on the 19th
Original post by Keddy28
well it's not much of a questionnaire but it comes up after paying the deposit

At least student finance have sorted your loan!, they haven't even changed my university or informed me of how much money I'll be getting and when it's scheduled to enter my account

how do you find your flatmates?? ,have you found out who your flatmates are?

Ah okay cool :smile:

****, get on to them mate but I'm sure you'll be sweet.

I'll send you the link later, but it's a Facebook group I found and people are saying what halls and courses they're doing and stuff. Though to be honest, it's mainly people commenting without replies so I haven't bothered with it, probs best when I actually know what halls I'm in anyway.

I have no idea who my flatmates are so I'm excited and nervous to find out! Lol. I'm sure we've all had forewarning of food being pinched and everything being a (proper) mess, fingers crossed I get lucky to avoid this haha
Original post by PinkRhinos
:party2:#TeamMeday

You better med way.
(See what I did there??!)

Haha, what course you on matey? And whereabouts are you coming from?
Ah okay cool :smile:

****, get on to them mate but I'm sure you'll be sweet.

I'll send you the link later, but it's a Facebook group I found and people are saying what halls and courses they're doing and stuff. Though to be honest, it's mainly people commenting without replies so I haven't bothered with it, probs best when I actually know what halls I'm in anyway.

I have no idea who my flatmates are so I'm excited and nervous to find out! Lol. I'm sure we've all had forewarning of food being pinched and everything being a (proper) mess, fingers crossed I get lucky to avoid this haha

I can imagine the flats being in quite a state by the end of the year haha
Original post by Keddy28
Good question! considering we're all going Medway I think we need to be aware of which venue will be the best night out

I heard of 1 that looks good called The Venue, I think it maybe where the foam party is and it's run by the student union so should be cheap and cheerful. I know there's a few other local ones as well plus more not too far away. I'm sure us students will find a good motive haha, even the flat parties should be a laugh!
Original post by Sleeves182
I can imagine the flats being in quite a state by the end of the year haha

Yeah it's expected but once I went to meet someone at their uni and there was rotten food in fridges that stunk the whole halls out, kitchen was fudged and yeah not down for that but I don't expect things to be immaculate as long as I can breathe when I walk through the door lol
(edited 8 years ago)
Haha, what course you on matey? And whereabouts are you coming from?

Kent Business School, wbu :biggrin:
that's all i can say atm hehehe
that's all i can say atm hehehe

Cool, well have a good 1 and all the best
I don't really know of many venues in Medway but I know Canterbury really well! They have loads of student Republic events in Canterbury which are always really cheap!

Canterbury isn't too far to travel for a good night out to be honest!
I don't really know of many venues in Medway but I know Canterbury really well! They have loads of student Republic events in Canterbury which are always really cheap!

Canterbury isn't too far to travel for a good night out to be honest!

Do you have a sisters called Charlotte & Sophie?
Do you have a sisters called Charlotte & Sophie?

No I don't, whys that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending