The Student Room Group

Corpus Christi Essay competition

Scroll to see replies

Well done! :smile:
Reply 41
Have any politics entrants got their emails yet?
Reply 42
Original post by JGFLynch
I just got my e-mail saying I was highly commended :smile: I did the English one about what makes something new and experimental

aw congratulations! :biggrin:
Has anyone received an email for the law competition?
Reply 44
Original post by rishirabs

Someone called Janet Rogers with a copy of a letter from the admissions tutor.
Reply 45
I am doing politics and I haven't got one. What question did you do?
Reply 46
I'm doing politics as well. I did the one about should our foreign policy promote regional stability even if it means working with dictators. What about you?
Reply 47
Original post by SUddin
I'm doing politics as well. I did the one about should our foreign policy promote regional stability even if it means working with dictators. What about you?

I did the one called 'Are voters knowledgeable enough to vote in their own interests?'

I wonder if anyone doing politics has been emailed?! I hope not
I did computer science, I assume no one else here did that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
Are English applicants the only ones to have been emailed?
Reply 50
Original post by TOverend
I did the one called 'Are voters knowledgeable enough to vote in their own interests?'

I wonder if anyone doing politics has been emailed?! I hope not

Yeah, I did the politics economic globalisation and democracy question. I haven't had anything either, but I think all of the emails will have been sent out at the same time
Reply 51
I think due to the relatively large number of subject topics, there could potentially be a lag between different applicants from different subjects being notified.

Hopefully!!!
Hi all, Corpus Admissions Tutor here. Thanks for your patience in awaiting the results of the essay competition. We had 290 entries this year with only 7 assessors, so it was a big job getting through all of the essays. It was a very strong field, and several of the Fellows commented to me that this was best set of entrants they can remember for a long while. Well done to all who entered!

I can confirm that all of the winners, runners up and highly commended entrants have been notified by email this afternoon. I'm just about to put all of the names up on the Corpus website for everyone to see (give me half an hour).

If you weren't selected as a prize winner, don't worry too much. Doing extra reading beyond the A-level/IB syllabus is a big help in preparing a competitive application to Cambridge so your time was well spent. We'd like to invite anyone who is interested to come to our open day on April 18: http://www.corpus.cam.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/open-days/
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 54
Original post by Corpus Admissions
Hi all, Corpus Admissions Tutor here. Thanks for your patience in awaiting the results of the essay competition. We had 290 entries this year with only 7 assessors, so it was a big job getting through all of the essays. It was a very strong field, and several of the Fellows commented to me that this was best set of entrants they can remember for a long while. Well done to all who entered!

I can confirm that all of the winners, runners up and highly commended entrants have been notified by email this afternoon. I'm just about to put all of the names up on the Corpus website for everyone to see (give me half an hour).

If you weren't selected as a prize winner, don't worry too much. Doing extra reading beyond the A-level/IB syllabus is a big help in preparing a competitive application to Cambridge so your time was well spent. We'd like to invite anyone who is interested to come to our open day on April 18: http://www.corpus.cam.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/open-days/

I'm so disappointed, I was really hoping I would get recognition. Thinking about this all day in suspense, at least I know. Well done guys for entering, at least we all know, we were talking about this all day. Is anyone doing any other essay competitions - I put my all into this one!
Reply 55
Does anybody know the maximum amount of sources I could use for referencing?
On the website it says " A list of books, websites, and people consulted shouldbe appended. Up to two figures may be included." which confuses me. I am entering the competition this year and would really not like to go against the rules.
Original post by LivToBe
Does anybody know the maximum amount of sources I could use for referencing?
On the website it says " A list of books, websites, and people consulted shouldbe appended. Up to two figures may be included." which confuses me. I am entering the competition this year and would really not like to go against the rules.

Same I was actually trying to find a thread like this. What are you entering for ?
Reply 57
Original post by ChiefKwen
Same I was actually trying to find a thread like this. What are you entering for ?

I'm entering for the Biology one.
I'm entering this years psychology essay competition, does anyone have any tips on how to structure an essay good enough for Cambridge? :wink:
I am entering the English one! It is v hard to guess how good an essay needs to be for Cambridge..... Does anyone know if they post winning essays anywhere? That would be so useful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending