The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

My father failed 8 times.
Failed my third test today - but I only count it as my second, because the instructors car broke down on my first one.

First Test - I did really well here but stalled at a junction. It was no problem, I was really calm, but the car didn't start again after that. I didn't get any result there, which was a bummer, but it taught me to not stall again, just in case!

Second Test - I had 11 Minors, most on mirrors. I have a really long fringe, so I think it probably covered my eyes too much. I had 1 major because I didn't give way when there were cars on my side. We both fit down the road fine, but I failed on it.

Third Test - I had 4 minors and 1 Major, the most nervous I've ever been. I took the wrong way TWICE, which I've never done before, I messed up my manoeuvre despite it being the one I like the most (Turn in the Road), and kept crying of nervousness for some reason. A bit awkward. I can drive totally fine in my own car, but as soon as it's my test, I turn into jelly, like most other people. My major was indecisiveness at a junction. Instead of moving off quickly or stopping entirely, I just decided to roll into the middle of the road. (Tip: Don't do that.)

Going to take some rescue remedy next time. Chesterfield has a low pass rate anyway, but nerves are never any help. Good luck to everyone else taking their test again, you can do it!
Original post by curtly133
If you fail a test 3 times, you shouldn't be driving at all. Get a bus (this coming from the guy who was the first person in 2013 (in Lancashire) to pass a test with 0 minors, 0 majors)

One of my friends passed first time then crashed within the week of passing.
Another passed on their fourth time and is definitely the better driver!

When people are in a test situation, they can make mistakes which they would not normally make. There are so many factors that can affect your performance on the day, e.g nerves, weather, the time, the amount of traffic on the roads, the route.

Well done for 0 majors and minors but I doubt you drive like that all the time for what they can give you minors on in the test, hands at the top of the wheel, push pull technique with the steering wheel, etc.
If you fail a test 3 times, you shouldn't be driving at all. Get a bus (this coming from the guy who was the first person in 2013 (in Lancashire) to pass a test with 0 minors, 0 majors)

Be quiet you arrogant fool. It's statistically shown that people who pass their first test are more likely to have an accident, and you'll be next with that sort of cockiness :smile:
Original post by kaytaylou
When people are in a test situation, they can make mistakes which they would not normally make. There are so many factors that can affect your performance on the day, e.g nerves, weather, the time, the amount of traffic on the roads, the route.

Equally, there are so many factors when you're out and about. Some of which can change in seconds. Nerves can also kick in during unusual situations you haven't handled before, or simply realising that you don't have someone by your side to look out for your mistakes.

Not to say the other guy is right in saying someone shouldn't drive. But those factors that can affect your performance on the day of your test are also the same factors that can rear their head AT ANY TIME while driving.
Original post by Samiz
Be quiet you arrogant fool. It's statistically shown that people who pass their first test are more likely to have an accident, and you'll be next with that sort of cockiness :smile:

Hahahaha salty girls be salty. Take your statistics and stick up your sandy vagina.
Hahahaha salty girls be salty. Take your statistics and stick up your sandy vagina.

I'm a boy lol, reported anyway
Original post by Samiz
Can't stop beating myself up over today.

Was my first test, I was so nervous. I ended up with 3 minors and 1 major. The major was doing a right turn which made an oncoming car slow down (and was near the end of the test)

Also I accidently went the wrong way, and if I went the right way I wouldn't have even had to do that turn :mad::mad::mad:

And I live in a busy place so I have to wait until February for my next test and I honestly just cba now.

So today I took my second test and after failing with 1 major and 3 minors, I passed with 14 minors. :biggrin:

Thanks to everyone that gave me advice and told me not to give up.

I'm gonna do more work with my instructor on the minors (pretty much all down to confidence) but I'm so happy- if you fail your driving test do NOT give up all that money and hard work.
Well guys 2016 is the year i ****ing floored the ****ing driver's test. ****ing thorn in my life which started ****ing 3 years ago. But **** that ****. If they thought they could **** with me for the fourth time they ****ing pushed their luck way too far. I ****ing own a drivers license now and because of that the streets are much safer now 😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎
Original post by TheMcSame
Equally, there are so many factors when you're out and about. Some of which can change in seconds. Nerves can also kick in during unusual situations you haven't handled before, or simply realising that you don't have someone by your side to look out for your mistakes.

Not to say the other guy is right in saying someone shouldn't drive. But those factors that can affect your performance on the day of your test are also the same factors that can rear their head AT ANY TIME while driving.

Yes you should be able to handle all situations If you've passed but what I saying was that it's unfair to say someone should never drive if they can't pass their test and get the bus because nobody drives perfectly. Only 40% of people who take the driving test pass. They also say you only really start learning how to drive when you pass and are doing several journeys a day...

People can be **** at driving then do perfectly in the 40 minutes. Equally some people can be good outside of a test then in the real situation do worse.

I see people do manoveures on roads frequently everyday that people would fail the driving test for...
Original post by DiceTheSlice
Well guys 2016 is the year i ****ing floored the ****ing driver's test. ****ing thorn in my life which started ****ing 3 years ago. But **** that ****. If they thought they could **** with me for the fourth time they ****ing pushed their luck way too far. I ****ing own a drivers license now and because of that the streets are much safer now 😎😎😎😎😎😎😎😎

Original post by Samiz
So today I took my second test and after failing with 1 major and 3 minors, I passed with 14 minors. :biggrin:

Thanks to everyone that gave me advice and told me not to give up.

I'm gonna do more work with my instructor on the minors (pretty much all down to confidence) but I'm so happy- if you fail your driving test do NOT give up all that money and hard work.

Congrats guys :biggrin:
I made an appeal against a driving examiner. Was I right to?

I was on the dual carriageway with the examiner going 50mph. I was speeding up to 50mph on a bend on the dual carriageway. It was a one way dual carriageway and I knew that it would be safe to do that but the examiner then grabbed the wheel. He said that you have to slow down on bends but I could see that I could go 50mph because it was safe to do that and I could see and I knew what I was doing. He said that it was risky but there was no point in him grabbing the wheel. It was very safe to speed up to 50mph on the bend. He had no right to grab the steering wheel. He was like woah slow down" and we stopped on the white lines. Then entered the carriageway again. I always drive like that. I seriously don't understand why would he take the steering!? I've left my instructor after doing 4 tests with her, I've literally dumped her. It wasn't nice way of leaving. I really should have passed. The Chinese examiner wasn't nice at all.
So is my appeal gonna work for the dual carriageway?
Original post by amj1999

I was on the dual carriageway with the examiner going 50mph. I was speeding up to 50mph on a bend on the dual carriageway. It was a one way dual carriageway and I knew that it would be safe to do that but the examiner then grabbed the wheel. He said that you have to slow down on bends but I could see that I could go 50mph because it was safe to do that and I could see and I knew what I was doing. He said that it was risky but there was no point in him grabbing the wheel. It was very safe to speed up to 50mph on the bend. He had no right to grab the steering wheel. He was like woah slow down" and we stopped on the white lines. Then entered the carriageway again. I always drive like that. I seriously don't understand why would he take the steering!? I've left my instructor after doing 4 tests with her, I've literally dumped her. It wasn't nice way of leaving. I really should have passed. The Chinese examiner wasn't nice at all.

Appealing it still won't get you your licence, I think it was wrong for you to appeal you say you know what your doing but one of you has a full driving license and it isn't you! Not being harsh just honest!
Original post by amj1999

You never know what's round a bend. Someone could have broken down just round the bend, if you can't slow down in time because you went round the bend too fast then things could get ugly. It's like that 100+ car pile-up on the Sheppey bridge last year that made the news - it was too foggy for people to see ahead, yet everyone continued to drive up to the speed limit despite the conditions and all ended up rear-ending each other.

You can pretty much guarantee you'll be unsuccessful in your appeal in all honesty, you have no witness and it's the word of an experienced and qualified driving examiner against the word of someone who as of yet isn't even qualified to drive. Appealing is pointless anyway, the test result will never be overturned. At most you'll get a refund, but this would be an incredibly rare occurance and only tend to happen if your instructor was also present and acts as a witness to your appeal.

If you feel like you've been taught to drive well enough that you should have passed that test and have the know-how to think you knew better than the examiner, why have you ditched your instructor???
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by WoodyMKC
You never know what's round a bend. Someone could have broken down just round the bend, if you can't slow down in time because you went round the bend too fast then things could get ugly. It's like that 100+ car pile-up on the Sheppey bridge last year that made the news - it was too foggy for people to see ahead, yet everyone continued to drive up to the speed limit despite the conditions and all ended up rear-ending each other.

You can pretty much guarantee you'll be unsuccessful in your appeal in all honesty, you have no witness and it's the word of an experienced and qualified driving examiner against the word of someone who as of yet isn't even qualified to drive. Appealing is pointless anyway, the test result will never be overturned. At most you'll get a refund, but this would be an incredibly rare occurance and only tend to happen if your instructor was also present and acts as a witness to your appeal.

If you feel like you've been taught to drive well enough that you should have passed that test and have the know-how to think you knew better than the examiner, why have you ditched your instructor???

I could see around the bend and it looked safe to speed up on the bend. I could have passed my driving if he didn't grab the steering wheel. Yeah I know you slow down a little on bends on the motorway.. I was speeding up to 50mph on the bend thats wen he got involved. He said u shouldn't speed up on bends but I could see it was ok. And I've dumped that b/tch instructor she's so sh/t I've failed 4 times with her, she once charged me for her phone bill and even had her filthy kids behind the car when I was doing lesson. I dnt even know if I should report that b/tch. At points she yells at me so loud I get scared.
I've got a new instructor now from a well known driving school. I'm still gonna see if my appeal works but gna start lessons again.
(edited 8 years ago)
Failed my test feeling like I have lost someone
Original post by JBaguma
Failed my test feeling like I have lost someone

What happened? :frown:
Original post by tinkerbell_xxx
Congrats guys :biggrin:

Thanks.... And I just crashed my friend's car 😬😬😬😬
there is always a next time ...
Original post by DiceTheSlice
Thanks.... And I just crashed my friend's car 😬😬😬😬

Uh oh :redface: Hope you (and anyone else involved) is ok!

Original post by leepalmer
I passed mine after the 5th attempt, lol. I was absolutely desperate, my self-esteem was completely killed :biggrin: My elder sister convinced me to try once again, and yep, I finally passed it ( via http://education4drivers.com/ ) ! Frankly speaking , I always dreamt to drive a car, but the feeling of fear always bothered me.

Congrats! Glad that you didn't give up :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending