The Student Room Group

How many modules does the ucl dissertation count for?

(As in how many credits does it amount to)

Ideally answer if at ucl to confirm?

Otherwise please say if the dissertation for philosophy at other unis counts for 2 or not.

Thanks
(edited 8 years ago)
You're gonna have to rephrase that question in a way that makes sense. Count for what? The Dissertation is worth 0.5 CU (one eighth of your final year).
Counts for..." how many modules". Though yes I could be clearer that I'm asking specifically how many credits.

So are you sure that it only counts for 0.5 cu at ucl? Are you a student there?

It just surprises me because it counts for 2 modules most other philosophy courses, and there aren't many modules in the ucl third year. Also it could be that there are 2 essays as part of it.
Original post by saidthebadger
Counts for..." how many modules". Though yes I could be clearer that I'm asking specifically how many credits.

So are you sure that it only counts for 0.5 cu at ucl? Are you a student there?

It just surprises me because it counts for 2 modules most other philosophy courses, and there aren't many modules in the ucl third year. Also it could be that there are 2 essays as part of it.

No I'm not a student there but it says on the website. https://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/study-abroad-ucl/study-abroad-guide/modules/phil3047

Dissertation7,500-word essay on a philosophical topic approved by your personal tutor. Tuition involves three one-hour sessions of one-on-one supervision by a member of staff. Available both terms. Code for Term 1 = PHIL3047A, code for term 2 = PHIL3047B.
I don't think the website is clear enough.

Definitely it doesn't state how many credits it counts for. It seems like you can choose to do a single essay in either term 1 or 2 though I cannot be sure.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending