The Student Room Group

Parents going on holiday for a week during my GCSEs??

This may sound selfish or not.. Next year my parents are planning to book a holiday right slap bang in the middle of my exams. I know it sounds selfish but maybe they should get their priorities right? Especially seen as I become quite nervous with the smallest of things. What are your thoughts? I know it'll only be a week but..
Are you going with them? Lmfao my parents are going on holiday next week (I could've gone but I said nah) and I'm over the moon, a bit of peace and quiet to revise
Reply 2
Original post by caitlinford3
Are you going with them? Lmfao my parents are going on holiday next week (I could've gone but I said nah) and I'm over the moon, a bit of peace and quiet to revise

No aha, but I have to go to my grans and theres no adequate way to revise there aha. But honestly I think support is a big thing in exams and I would much prefer them here.
Original post by Oxymorons
No aha, but I have to go to my grans and theres no adequate way to revise there aha. But honestly I think support is a big thing in exams and I would much prefer them here.

I agree but I guess you have to question to what extent can they support you? I mean unless they're tutors or something you will be fine on your own, you have all your resources & I'm sure you'll be able to get a dining table or some workspace at your grans to revise efficiently
Reply 4
I agree but I guess you have to question to what extent can they support you? I mean unless they're tutors or something you will be fine on your own, you have all your resources & I'm sure you'll be able to get a dining table or some workspace at your grans to revise efficiently

I guess so.
I guess so.

good luck anyway :h:
Reply 6
good luck anyway :h:

thanks!
I guess so.

If you don't think you'll be able to revise properly or you'll need support, talk to your parents and ask if they can go on holiday at a different time. They have the whole year to go on holiday, the few weeks when you have very important exams are not the right time.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
You can always talk/skype/facetime etc. them while they're away :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by KomradeKorbyn
If you don't think you'll be able to revise properly or you'll need support, talk to your parents and ask if they can go on holiday at a different time. They have the whole year to go on holiday, the few weeks when you have very important exams are not the right time.

Yeah it isn't the best time aha
Reply 10
Original post by luciie
You can always talk/skype/facetime etc. them while they're away :smile:

I guess that could work, thanks!

My parents hardly interfere with my revision even though they are always with me and I am more than happy with that. I am sure you can revise on your own without your parents in year 11.
Reply 12
Original post by Tinka99
My parents hardly interfere with my revision even though they are always with me and I am more than happy with that. I am sure you can revise on your own without your parents in year 11.

It's not revision, it's just emotional support throughout my exams

Quick Reply

Latest