The Student Room Group

I didn't do my GCSEs. Please help

I used to live in Portugal and followed the Portuguese school curriculum. However, this year I moved to the UK (due to financial problems) and now attending a school with Cambridge curriculum. The thing is that because I used to do the Portuguese curriculum, I never did my GCSEs. Currently I am on Year 12 doing my AS Levels, and I searched through many universities and saw that they ask for GCSEs.
Is it really a major requirements or is my argument valid? Or do I have to repeat the year all over again? Please help me
Original post by shneebnee
I used to live in Portugal and followed the Portuguese school curriculum. However, this year I moved to the UK (due to financial problems) and now attending a school with Cambridge curriculum. The thing is that because I used to do the Portuguese curriculum, I never did my GCSEs. Currently I am on Year 12 doing my AS Levels, and I searched through many universities and saw that they ask for GCSEs.
Is it really a major requirements or is my argument valid? Or do I have to repeat the year all over again? Please help me

i'm sure the minimum is a C in both english and maths
Reply 2
Original post by thefatone
i'm sure the minimum is a C in both english and maths

I know that, but the thing is that I never did my GCSE exams.
I know that, but the thing is that I never did my GCSE exams.

well then you need to get that C(minimum) in english and maths then?
I don't know how your school let you do A-levels without GCSE's. However, I do think that some universities would still consider you as you have already passed the GCSE level.

Well I can't see why not. I mean I live in Portugal and I have a student who is starting University in the UK in September using just Portuguese grades so I don't why you should be penalised, even if it confusing by the mixture.
Only thing I would say is that UCAS haven't got the grades right so when you need a B they ask for an 18 (I think) in Portugal. Pretty certain from what I have seen than an 18 is more like an A/A* for.

Quick Reply

Latest