The Student Room Group

My girlfriend won't talk to me after argument

Me and my girlfriend are students living together in the same flat, it's just us two and another guy. Before the argument we were happy lovely dovey, it was like we were married and I honestly loved how we were, we would do everything together, she'd take care of me, make me food, cheer me up if I was sad, she was brill! One day my mates came over and she found it awkward because she doesn't like chilling with guys but I told her to join in and try and make an effort, she said hi sat down for a bit and then made an excuse and went to her room, then it was my mates birthday and she didn't want to come with me because she says they don't make an effort with her so she feels awkward, I don't understand that, but anyway we got into a huge fight when I told her she should change herself (shouldn't have said that) she got really upset, i was really angry and told her we would never make it if we were married and that upset her even more. she asked me why I'm with her if I doesn't like the way she is and I said I don't m know, she was quite shocked and then said we should just break up then if you don't know , I didn't mean it obviously I love her a lot,but I said that before aswell about a year ago, but we made up. it's been a week and she seems so distant from me she hasn't made eye contact with me even when I tried talking to her she just looked at the floor she didn't look at me, she avoids me in the house, she doesn't reply to my messages, I even left a note. I was outside her room and I could hear her crying, she loves me a lot I I know that but she won't talk to me, ive seen her taking boxes full of her stuff out and putting it in her car today so I'm guessing she's moving but I don't want her to go... I even stopped her, said sorry and she didn't say anything nor did she even look at me. I feel so **** without her. What should I do ??
Reply 1
You sound like a bit of a poo
Reply 2
Original post by Virgili
You sound like a bit of a poo

I am a poo🙁 How do I get her back though ??
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous

It's difficult to convince someone to invest time and emotion in you when the first sign of trouble you give them that much crap. It makes them feel like you can take how happy they are from them if you really wanted. You need trust.
Reply 4
Welcome to life :biggrin:
Reply 5
You made your bed. Now lie on it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Maybe write a letter to her explaining that you made a mistake and make it genuine so she believes you
Wow you messed up big time..... I think it's going to take at least some diamond earrings to sort this one out.
Reply 8
Welcome to being single

Posted from TSR Mobile
You probably need to show her you really are genuinely sorry , give her some respect and stop being so selfish. You know you could be nice to her.

Unfortunately you have been such a turd, she's seen how really important you think she is to you.

I hope she has some common sense and finds someone who can treat her well.

You have a strange idea of marriage and love.

Just to add if you are real , then im gobsmacked at your lack of awareness is as to how hurtful she must have found your behaviour.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous

you couldn't even say why you were with when she asked aka you couldn't even say why you even love her...what do you expect.

as a girl, I can say that ^^ would be what would've hurt me most. So unless you can think explicit, in-depth details as to WHY you like the things about her, I don't think you stand a chance. Boys never like to think about things in depth, and I doubt they frequently do unless it's a maths problem or something, so you better do this properly.

then again I don't know your girlf so.
(edited 8 years ago)
The one thing I hate about everything you've written is...
in the beginning you mention you loved living with her because she made you food, cheered you up and took care of you...What the hell were you contributing to the relationship??????

From what you've written you come across as quite selfish and deep down I am sensing you don't really care...you are just looking for someone to look after you and you feel like you can treat her any old way and she'll forgive you.

This is why women complain about us all the time...you are certainly not making us look good! Sort it out.

If she's made up her mind leave her alone. Be civil etc and respectful but give her space. I think you need to think about why you are in a relationship with her and if you are being genuine or not.

Instead of me me me how about you actually take time to look after her? Treat her the way you'd want your dad to treat your mother..not the way a dog treats lampposts.
Reply 12
Original post by alka-temp
you couldn't even say why you were with when she asked aka you couldn't even say why you even love her...what do you expect.

as a girl, I can say that ^^ would be what would've hurt me most. So unless you can think explicit, in-depth details as to WHY you like her the things about her, I don't think you stand a chance. Boys never like to thinks about things in depth, and I doubt they frequently do unless it's a maths problem or something, so you better do this properly.

then again I don't know your girlf so.

You see, this is what I don't get - as far as guys are concerned, we don't love the little details, we love the person. There's no reason for it other than the fact that she is without a doubt the best thing that ever happened to us. Sure there might be a list of characteristics that we find more appealing than others, but if we love the girl she could have none of those characteristics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
You see, this is what I don't get - as far as guys are concerned, we don't love the little details, we love the person. There's no reason for it other than the fact that she is without a doubt the best thing that ever happened to us. Sure there might be a list of characteristics that we find more appealing than others, but if we love the girl she could have none of those characteristics.

Posted from TSR Mobile

little details make up the person.
little details about a person are what can make someone unique, non-generalisable.
"I like you cause overall you make me feel good" oh how sweet -.-

it's not about a pre-defined list of characteristics, I also don't think you can distinguish between details and a list of characteristics m8.

whatever I don't think I can explain it, I understand what you're saying to an extent.
Reply 14
Original post by alka-temp
little details make up the person.
little details about a person are what can make someone unique, non-generalisable.
"I like you cause overall you make me feel good" oh how sweet -.-

it's not about a list of characteristics, I don't think you can distinguish between details and a list of characteristics m8.

whatever I don't think I can explain it, I understand what you're saying to an extent.

I think I just proved your point of guys being **** at this:tongue:

What do you mean by details then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending