The Student Room Group

Help with plagiarism questions!

Poll

Would you buy an essay?

I'm an MA Journalism student doing an investigation into plagiarism - I'd be really interested to hear if any of you have:

- been accused of plagiarism (your story)
- how it made you feel
- your thoughts on the idea plagiarism
- have you used an essay writing service? was it good/bad?
- would you buy an essay?

None of the information will be published it's purely part of my MA project. If you can answer any of these questions that would be really helpful, Thanks:smile:
Original post by Ed03
I'm an MA Journalism student doing an investigation into plagiarism - I'd be really interested to hear if any of you have:

- how it made you feel

None of the information will be published it's purely part of my MA project. If you can answer any of these questions that would be really helpful, Thanks:smile:

I've never been accused of plagiarism personally, but I've known a lot of people who have been caught, and they've all said that especially when it's high level plagiarism, it's scared them shitless because of the potential to lose so many marks.

I've personally never used an essay writing service because everything I've seen about them, however much they claim to be professionals etc, reviews have said that grammar and spelling is often atrocious, and the actual content is usually not great. Also, if there's advanced content over and above what you've been taught, I guess it could be a telltale sign... And no, I'd definitely never buy an essay for the same reasons above...!
i would buy an essay but only to get some ideas and write my own :yep:
Original post by Ed03

- how it made you feel

no story sorry
----------------
it's not your work so why take it as your own? unless you can reproduce something of that standard and quality you plagiarised, even then you shouldn't do it... i see no long term benefits to plagirising.. .
no
no
Haven't been accused of plagiarism and essay writing services look like an absolutely terrible idea. Apart from the obvious risk involved, according to news reports I've read, their products are often substandard anyway.
Reply 5
Thanks for your replies so far - really interesting. Keep them coming:smile:
Reply 6
- how it made you feel

- I've been accused of self-plagiarism once in college (shame on me:s-smilie:). I used data from previously written essay and when my teacher compared those two papers (I knew he uses online plagiarism checker but I had no idea that the information from my own paper should be cited), the percentage of plagiarism was close to 40%. Fortunately, the teacher explained me how to cite correctly and didn't go beyond oral warning).
- That was fine, people do mistakes.
- Plagiarism is foolish.
- No, never.
- Definitely not. I prefer to use my own thoughts and write essays by myself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending