The Student Room Group

Drop 1 to save 2?

I work full time otherwise I wouldn't be asking this.

Currently taking C1, C2 and D1 in 2 months or so as per AQA exam dates, end of may/june.

Feel like if I push C2 till next year I'll be able to get an A in C1 and D1. Having left the exams quite late to start really learning them. AA is better than BBC or BBB

My thoughts being, adding C2 into C3/4 and D2 won't be adding much pressure at all.

Please can I have some advise? Thank you, any opinions welcome.
What do you want to do next year? I don't think uni's are gonna be too keen on only 2 A levels
Original post by Zargabaath
What do you want to do next year? I don't think uni's are gonna be too keen on only 2 A levels

You haven't read the first posting!
Original post by tiny hobbit
You haven't read the first posting!

I did, but he may want to leave his job to go study at uni. That's why most people do A-Levels.
I should've said after A-Levels though, instead of next year.
I did, but he may want to leave his job to go study at uni. That's why most people do A-Levels.
I should've said after A-Levels though, instead of next year.

He's only talking about one A level at the moment, Maths.
Original post by tiny hobbit
He's only talking about one A level at the moment, Maths.

My bad, I thought it C was Chemistry and D was something else. Didn't see the forum it was posted in.
My bad, I thought it C was Chemistry and D was something else. Didn't see the forum it was posted in.

Ah...
Original post by ghosteh
I work full time otherwise I wouldn't be asking this.

Currently taking C1, C2 and D1 in 2 months or so as per AQA exam dates, end of may/june.

Feel like if I push C2 till next year I'll be able to get an A in C1 and D1. Having left the exams quite late to start really learning them. AA is better than BBC or BBB

My thoughts being, adding C2 into C3/4 and D2 won't be adding much pressure at all.

Please can I have some advise? Thank you, any opinions welcome.

Yes, this is a good plan. If you can get an A in C3/4, you can get an A in C2. You're going to have to work your backside off, though.

C4 normally kicks most peoples' arses.
Reply 8
Original post by Supersaps
Yes, this is a good plan. If you can get an A in C3/4, you can get an A in C2. You're going to have to work your backside off, though.

C4 normally kicks most peoples' arses.

Yeah that's what I thought. Got in touch with a math tutor locally, should help with working my "backside off". Will see what he recommends with regards to next year. Seems obvious that if I can do C3/4 then I should be able to do 2 :wink:
Reply 9

Sorry, I could have written it more clearly!

In reply to your original comment: if I was to go for uni, 2 relevant A levels and 3-4 years relevant job experience should at least get a look in :wink: especially if I go further with some extra math modules. Far to early days to think about that though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending